User Name: Juan Ponce
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Meaning of the expression
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 4:06:33 PM
Think "I am ABSOLUTELY at that fork right now". I am not sure of the meaning of the quoted expression.
Topic: In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is...
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 1:41:37 PM
Does not matter, always rich people have the power
Topic: Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works.
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:09:42 AM
Every part of the body and mind are deeply connected they act like single human being
Topic: Things are pretty, graceful, rich, elegant, handsome, but, until they speak to the imagination, not yet beautiful.
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:47:53 AM
Please, somebody can help me with this sentence"Emerso s personal religious scruples and, in particular, his conviction that the Lord's Supper was not intended by Jesus to be a permanent sacrament led him into conflict with his congregation.
Topic: Maybe we can/could have dinner together
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2015 11:39:13 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hi again!

It's mentioned in the Collins, but not in either of the American dictionaries and I know it from Lancashire dialect - so I guess it's pretty local (note the example sentence from the Collins is dialectic).

5.a. another word for perhaps
b. (as sentence modifier): happen I'll see thee tomorrow.

For me this is a new expresion (happen I ll see THEE tomorrow) What type of sense is obtained whit this extra word?Think
Topic: Someone who can speak really well
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 5:54:14 PM
Alex Lahio wrote:
Is there an english word for

Someone who can speak really well in front of the crowd. For example a politician.

I know you can say for instance
Obama can articulate peoples emoticons really well in front of the crowd.

But person wise is there a word ( noun) to call a person who is really good in speaking?

Orator
Topic: ¿Tiempo o dinero?
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 5:51:30 PM
Lizz Gzz wrote:
Recientemente estaba pensando qué es más importante (en jerarquización), ¿el tiempo o el dinero? porque puedes tener mucho tiempo pero nada de dinero, y ¿qué se puede hacer ahí? pero también está la otra situación, puedes tener dinero pero nada de tiempo, entonces surge la misma pregunta: ¿se puede hacer algo ahí?

Saludos y gracias.

Depende de las circunstancias, puedes necesitar en forma apremiante dinero y esta será tu necesidad más importante, pero además ¿qué es el tiempo?, el tiempo lo concibo real solo en el presente no puedo garantizar que viviré en el futuro aún más cercano y el pasado ya no está.
Saludos
Topic: ¿Se escribe con "como o "cómo"?
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 5:43:41 PM
Alan Huesca wrote:
Hola a todos.
Tengo una duda que me gustaría esclarecer. En el siguiente enunciado: "Mira como consumes mi vida", la palabra "como" ¿debería llevar tilde o no? Busqué en diversos diccionarios y sitios pero no consigo una explicación satisfactoria.

En este caso "como" es un adverbio y no lleva tilde, acompaño enlace al diccionario de la RAE
http://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=como
Topic: Learning to write in English.
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2015 7:16:24 PM
You are right, its really nice when we can write correctly and show the ideas inside our brains. In my native language the writting flows without any trouble, but in english for me is very hard.
Topic: memoria de elefante
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:58:15 PM
Pachop55 wrote:
Lizz Gzz wrote:
Hola a todos,
¿qué significa la expresión "tengo memoria de elefante"?
Que tienes buena o poca memoria?
Gracias
saludos desde Monterrey Nuevo León ajua!

Poca memoria

Al parecer se te olvidó el significado. No tienes memoria de elefante