Profile: KenO
About
User Name: KenO
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 164
[0.02% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance.
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:51:48 AM
Mr. Marlowe did not reach the age of thirty. Perhaps that somewhat explains such an impulsive statement. One is entitled to one's opinion on religion, but it's surprising that a writer of his reputation would express it so ineloquently. Also, ignorant is where we all start. If there is a sin about it, it is in not working to reduce one's ignorance. There is more than one sin, but if I were to choose one as the worst I would say it has to be murder.
Topic: A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:36:00 AM
The name-calling and lies should also be considered.
Topic: It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of...
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 9:07:40 AM
ChristopherJohnson wrote:
Something from Sherlock Holmes again, I believe.

Elementary...
Topic: Energy Weapons
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:51:04 AM
Sounds like a possible explanation for the physical/mental symptoms experienced by some visitors to Cuba the past year or two.
Topic: moral compass
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:28:27 PM
Excellent example. So sad.
Topic: Battle of Khe Sanh Begins (1968)
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:08:44 PM
ChristopherJohnson wrote:
That despicable North Vietnamese regime should have been obliterated and been prevented from overtaking the South Vietnam at any rate.

How? Was that not one of the goals? But the US couldn't accomplish it. For a moment nuking 'em was even considered and, fortunately, discarded.
Topic: Every limit is a beginning as well as an ending.
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:16:41 AM
Stirs a distant memory...Calculus?
Topic: But what is Government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:03:24 AM
Topic: But what is Government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:02:29 AM
Sue Dalziel wrote:
this quote merely makes me ask "What does this mean for America and Mr Trump?"

Let's be optimistic for America and the world. We'll survive Trump, and in fact, he will serve as a wakeup call to get the citizens of the country with values not centered on greed, fear, and prejudice to take the country back and make it respectable again.
Topic: Rebecca Latimer Felton Becomes the First Female US Senator (1922)
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:57:13 AM
A disgusting person. An embarrassing page in U.S. history. Not the first, unfortunately, not the last.