User Name: Bob Kirkham
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I think someone is cheating with neurons
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 2:51:01 AM
PSS: I'm an idiot. I didn't mean Spelling Bee Practice, I mean Spelling Bee Single Player. In Single player I am allowed to do 6 rounds a day which means 6,000 neurons a day which is 30,000 neurons for 5 days. It's easy to see Genteel Magpie is still way way ahead of that curve. C'mon TFD, you can't possibly turn the other way on this. Enough is enough. Thank you.
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 2:30:10 AM
PS: Oh, and one other thing. Regarding the Spelling Bee Practice. When I use to take it to the limit I found I was allowed 3100 neurons a day. That's only 15,500 neurons for 5 days. Genteel Magpie is way way beyond that so there's another obvious scam he's perpetuating. The Botman strikes again. To the Botcave.
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 1:37:56 AM
Hello Juan, or should I call you "I quit, bots on games". I'm just ahead of you and I can tell you don't cheat and neither do the others who are ahead of me, at least they don't use input assistance with other software. We all do our own laborious inputting, however; I think we all have our own cheat sheets to help "enhance" our efforts. Genteel Magpie, on the other hand, is another piece of work altogether. On Wordhub practice one is allowed to do 6 complete rounds, that is, 12,000 neurons a day, so you can get up to 60,000 neurons every five days. It takes me a little less than 30 minutes to do a complete round. But 100,000 neurons on Wordhub interactive? That is impossible. for winning all 3 rounds in a Wordhub interactive game you get either 56 or 70 neurons. (I have no idea how the app determines which score you get. There is seemingly no pattern to it.) I'm lucky if I can get 6 complete games in an hour. The problem with getting a lot of points in this is the waiting game. Waiting for the other player to respond before you can do the next round. Genteel Magpie seems to have found a way around that. He's either doing the bot thing, however that would work, or, he has another account on the app and he's just challenging himself over and over effectively bypassing the waiting time one would normally have. Whatever he's doing it's simply unethical and he should be blocked from the Wordhub app. Do you hear me TFD? Please investigate. Do your due diligence for once. Competing in a free-for-all environment is not good for anyone. Anyway, I don't blame you Juan for being upset with Genteel Magpie. I'm on your side brother. Regards,
Topic: every third Saturday of the month
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:16:38 PM
Hi Fruity,

I can understand your questioning "every third Saturday of the month." Even though most people (except Thar) would figure it out it is stated rather vaguely. Better would be to say "on the third Saturday of each month" or something similar. I've had many years with AT&T scheduling meetings for management using Outlook Calendar and instructions need to be specific and concise. People, generally, are reading things in a hurry, and need to be able to correctly interpret what they're reading at first glance. As the statement currently stands you can't have that one person who takes things literally, scratching their head wondering how they missed the 6th Saturday of that month (thank you Thar, you gave me a good healthy chuckle! Angel ).

In addition, once that instruction is given, the one giving that instruction needs to look forward in the calendar to make sure that third Saturday, or Tuesday, or whatever day is chosen doesn't fall on a holiday or some day of recognition where that day wouldn't be available as usual, then cancel that one day, or reschedule for a different day that month. And of course communicate that to your clients/customers.

Topic: The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the...
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 4:17:07 PM
So true today. Doing things in haste (quickly) can and very often lead to waste. Thus,one doesn't have the time necessary to pay attention to possible imperfections. And then it's the user who spent their precious money for some time saving innovation who discovers the imperfections. More "important," at least the developer met the corporate deadline and got his all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas.
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:47:08 PM
Also, tried Mozilla Firefox - same problem. Oddly, even though I'm not getting any credits for anything I look up, I am getting credits for visiting the forum. Very bizarre. C'mon TFD, fix YOUR problem. I don't see an emoji for denial otherwise I'd paste it.
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:25:00 PM
Started happening to me, too, today. I am subscribed to the ad-free package but starting today I'm getting that message (again) that the site hasn't loaded properly and to remove ad blocking for Brick wall which I'm paying to not get ads in the first place. I'm no longer getting neuron credit for anything I look up.