Profile: Alex Prabaharan
About
User Name: Alex Prabaharan
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Love is...the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of...
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:25:27 AM
Love is magical. It takes you into the unknown. New worlds. New Emotions. " I would say Family..is the principle means of escape from the loneliness which affects most men & ......their lives" . It is a luxury to come home to your family after a hard day. To a caring soul at the end of day. Even for a introvert who gets lonely only around the crowd,family works. :) . By all means get a family. :)
Topic: Ignorance is the curse of God, Knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:22:28 AM
If he were alive today he would have writtern,

" The holocaust is not in the religion,
But in ignorance lies the crux,
The root of failure of religious system"

Ps: Blasphemy/irreverence not intended :)
Topic: moving water between two cups
Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2014 11:48:27 PM
Hi all,

How does this sound?(Another way perhaps)

'keep emptying the cup of water in to another and vice versa'
Topic: Discussion on classical music/ Piano Pedagogy
Posted: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:07:48 AM
Thanks and Cheers!Long Live TFD! :)
Topic: Discussion on classical music/ Piano Pedagogy
Posted: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 5:00:12 AM
Really glad that the TFD forum covers variety of topics to interest everyone but alas it's not exhaustive. There are loads to discuss on classic music compositions/ western music /Practicing Piano pieces etc. Thumbs up anyone?

Alex.S
Topic: Meaning of "Commoditized" in this context?
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 8:04:17 AM
Hi all,
Romany, This is Alex,a business graduate from India.I think the word Commoditized is in vogue because I hardly remember hearing the word commodified in my 2 years business course.This is only my opinion.

Jerry.Wang, I believe this query got to be in the business forum rather than in a leterature forum. Now, to answer your question "You mean like commercialize?"

In business sense, when a product gets commoditized, it becomes very difficult to market the product to your customer. Cloud computing helps service providers to share infrastructure/capabilities even if you dont own them. You can enter into a service aggrement and share the resources with others in the market. So,for instance, as in this case whether you get the services from Amazon or Google does not make any difference. So from Amazon's point of view how will you add value to your product and sell it? Writer says that (ironically) in the age of rapid growth in technology it is all boiling down to People/ human resources.

Hope I have made my point clear.Cheers!
Topic: Cupid's Arrows by Kipling
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:23:14 AM
Hi Roman,
. I am a big fan of Kipling's works. Its my own personal problem that I could never take it lightly when someone calls someone ugly. That's why I would never approve its usage in literature. I have told myself a lot of times to take it easily and not get upset. I don't dislike Kipling's works for it. But I would rather have it put in some other way. That's why I wrote it as my ersonalopinion. Having said that I can clearly understand what was in Kipling's mind and I always try to be an easy going guy. 😊

Topic: Cupid's Arrows by Kipling
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:23:42 AM
Hi mcurrent,

Let me try to explain. By the lines "his was a face to dream about and try to carve on a pipe-head afterwards" he just means that his face is not good looking or handsome.
That his face is not among the ones that will make girls' heads turn in askance or otherwise.

My personal opinion:
It is one of the rudest and insulting 'character introduction' you will read. After being very rude in calling him "ugliest man in Asia" he further goes on to say it is even more uglier in his own typical style!
Topic: Say It Differently Game
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:34:31 AM
I never under estimate the stupidity of us,the human race!!

I have paid my debts to the society!

Topic: A and Q
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:32:38 AM
What do u think about these cunning,manipulative whistleblowers?

he is a loud, egoistic extrovert.