The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: tunaafi
About
User Name: tunaafi
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Occupation:
Interests:
Gender: None Specified
Home Page
Statistics
Joined: Tuesday, June 03, 2014
Last Visit: Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:58:25 AM
Number of Posts: 4,453
[0.52% of all post / 3.45 posts per day]
Avatar
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:23:39 AM
TheParser wrote:

3. This "Tunaafi" has stalked me since he joined these forums.

Not true.

Quote:
My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also calls me a "bigot," a "liar," and a "coward."

I have on several occasions provided evidence for the claims. I have also, on several occasions, promised to apologise for anything I have said if you can show evidence that I am wrong. Your claim that you do not read my posts is your cowardly way of refusing to enter into a reasoned discussion

Quote:
My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also begs the administrators to read his post.

Not true.

Quote:
My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also lambasts the administrators for letting me express my opinions.

Well, it seems to me that Farlex is content to provide a platform for racism, sexism, chauvinism, bigotry and lies.
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:59:17 AM
TheParser wrote:
I urge every member, guest, and administrator to read his post.


Here's a linK to the thread.
Topic: Which word order is correct?
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:50:18 AM
The second one is very unnatural.

The first is fine. If there is only one new volunteer, then 'the new volunteer' is the correct form.
Topic: My TIDBIT of the day
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:07:58 PM
TheParser wrote:
But it astonished me that none of President Obama's advisers ever respectfully and gently urged him to take more care in coming down an airplane ramp.


They might have thought that he , having achieved the presidency of the United States, did not need nannying.
Topic: Will you be 5 in September?
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:44:45 PM

If you were certain, you would not need to ask a question.

The questioner is questioning the certainty of the child's being five in September - is it a fact that you will be five in September>
Topic: she’s got quite a chassis
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:04:46 AM
Romany wrote:
The days of "men-only" discussions about a woman's sexuality - or lack thereof - are long-gone.


Unfortunately, Romany, they are not completely gone. You,personally, may never have encountered an American under 30 who does not think modern about secual mores, but I have encountered younger Americans, Brits, Czechs and people of other nationalities who do think in the old way. I have been in bars and restaurants in Prague when young men on stag parties have talked openly and loudly (thinking they could not be understood) about their recent activities, and about what they would like to do to/with/for the attractive young waitress serving them.

We had a discussion in another thread some time ago when Hope assured me that men did not indulge in locker-room banter any more. Her evidence for this was that her husband had assured her that he had never heard such banter. What may modern thinking people don't always realise is the extent to which they mix only with similar-minded people.

'Men-only' discussions are far less prevalent than it used to be, particularly in environments in which teachers work (though I overheard some hair-raising stuff from teenagers of both sexes when I was still reaching in comprehensive schools in England in the late 1990s), but they still go on.

It was not just older men who thought it was acceptable to vote for a presidential candidate who boasted of his ability to thrust his tongue down womens' throats and grab their pussies. It's not just older men who threaten sexual violence against women in the news who have done something to upset their male vanities.


Topic: My political opinion of the day
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:13:21 AM
Lotje1000 wrote:
In TheParser's defence, he never said he wanted equality between gay and straight people. He was just explaining his ideal society where he can live in blissful ignorance.


But his ideal society is one in which gay people do not have the same rights as straight people
.This is discrimination against gay people. It is anti-gay.
Topic: My TIDBIT of the day
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 1:48:11 AM
TheParser wrote:

2. I absolutely, however, cannot understand this one. I keep saying it aloud to myself, but it does not ring a bell.

a. "My mom makes the best onion dip. It's HIV little concoction you'd love."


It's a chivy little concoction.
Topic: Is "comprised" correctly used?
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 4:01:36 AM
oruckadir wrote:
https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/comprised-of/



Good advice from there is "But there’s so much confusion surrounding the usage of this word that it may be better to avoid it altogether".
Topic: Virginia/New Jersey elections
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 4:59:04 PM
TheParser wrote:
Personally, I have always found the member from [censored) to be civil and reasonable.

And I have found that, generally speaking, the member from [censored] tries to stay on topic and generally has avoided personal abuse.


Which gives members no idea who you are talking about. If you don't want to name names (and I don't see why not - given that you are being complimentary) then just lump them together and say 'some members'. This "[censored]" thing is just silly.


Quote:
Regarding a certain male person and a certain female person from the two other countries, I do not trust myself to comment. (Veteran members and guests will understand.)

This is just infantile.

You do not trust yourself to comment because you lack the balls to attempt to justify to some of the foul comments you have made about your 'enemies' (your term).You never directly name us, because you appear to think this absolves you of responsibility for your remarks. You claim (when it suits you) not to read our posts, which absolves you, in your mind, of any need to justify any of the racist, sexist, chauvinistic, insultingly personal, comments you have made.

In addition to being a bigot (I have provided evidence for this on a number of occasions), and a liar (I have provided evidence for this on a number of occasions), you are a spineless, gutless coward.

Members may have observed that, since my return from a short break, I have used some intemperate words about TheParser. This is deliberate. I am hoping to provoke some reaction from the 'moderators' of this forum. Their (and that of their sponsoring organisation, Farlex) failure to date to deal with some of the inflammatory posts of 'TheBastard' (and, I must admit, some of my responses) suggests to me that Farlex is content to provide a platform for racism, sexism, chauvinism, bigotry and lies.

Are you happy with that, Farlex? To be known as the provider of a platform for bigotry?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.