Profile: Archer5007
About
User Name: Archer5007
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach...
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:49:34 PM
With everyting that is going on today with the Islamic religion in question, I find this quote very relevant. Our president, Mr. Obama states that Muslims have a rich history of peace and brotherhood, but the more I research their religion, I find that women are treated as slaves, children are sold or given away as child brides and people are put to death for speeking against the Islamic religion.

I am NOT talking about ISIS other terrorist groups, these things are going on today in Muslim countries around the world.

Terrible things have happened in the name of religion throughout history, but the only one that is STILL commenting these type of barbaric atrocities against women, children and others, is the Islamic religion.

Great Quote
Topic: Doppler Question
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:47:41 PM
What in the hell are you people talking about....
Topic: Martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2014 1:44:41 PM
I did not know about this part of the Mormon history, although I must admit that my knowledge of the Mormons is not that great. I found something interesting in the article where it states that Smith saw to it that the opposition newspaper was distroyed. I found that funny because the same thing happens today in different ways with politicians trying to destroy their opposition in underhanded ways. I guess not that much has changed after all.
Topic: Quicksilver
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:55:21 PM
When I was a kid, growing up in the 60's, I can remember playing with drops of mercury, not knowing that is was dangerous. As I understand it now, it's the black film that covers mercury as it is exposed to air that is toxic. If anyone has additional information on this, please respond. Is the black film caused by oxidization?
Topic: braggart
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:39:19 PM
Braggart ; I have an uncle that is a bragart. This is one word that I have heard in the past but just haven't thought of.
Topic: funambulist
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:38:51 AM
Just the other day I was talking about tightrope walkers and didn't know what to call them other than crazy...
Topic: Evolutionary Theory that Packs a Punch
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:07:37 PM
I sure hope no tax dollars were spent on this one. I'm not buying it at all...
Topic: Judy Garland (1922)
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:10:52 AM
Such a sad death for someone with so much talent. I grew up in the 1960's watching her in movies and The Wizard of Oz. When I hear her sing Over the Rainbow, it still gives me goosebumps. What a shame that she and so many other talented actors have died way before their time.
Topic: Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 10:16:37 PM
What a powerful quote, I love it. This is the best this year so far.
Topic: admonitory
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 12:35:30 AM
OK, I like this one. It seems that most of the Word of the Day, words are very difficult to put into an every day conversation, but this one, just maybe, could be added to a sentence while you are talking to a bunch of old high school friends, lol.......