Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Meinen Lebenslauf korrigieren
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:22:38 PM
Hallo zusammen,

könntet ihr euch bitte meinen Lebenslauf anschauen und sagen, ob es da irgendwelche Fehler gibt?

Danke
Topic: Fun person
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 2:41:46 PM
Hallo,

wie heißt im Deutscen "fun" im Sinne von "fun person"?

Danke
Topic: einen Vertrag ruhen lassen
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 2:38:10 PM
Hallo,

wie heißt auf Englisch "einen Vertrag ruhen lassen"?

Danke
Topic: Frech, Frechheit, Willkür
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:36:27 PM
IMcRout wrote:
Hello kasamb. Sie wissen sicherlich, dass dies eine Wörterbuch Website ist und wenn sie zu diesem link gehen, werden sie viele Vorschläge für englische Übersetzungen bekommen, je nach Kontext.

Das gleiche gilt auch für 'Frechheit' und 'Willkür'.

In dem Sinne, den sie für das Wort 'Willkür' angesprochen haben, wären 'despotic or arbitrary behaviour / act' am naheliegendsten.

Danke! Jedoch finde ich unter deiner Links keine Übersetzungen ins Englische
Topic: Frech, Frechheit, Willkür
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:57:39 AM
Hallo,

Was heißen die Wörter im Englischen:
-Frech/Frechheit
-Willkür (im Sinne von Entscheidungsfreiheit seitens mächtiger Menschen)

Danke
Topic: Du gefällst mir in Englisch
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:20:36 PM
Hallo,

Was sagen English native speakers einem Mädel, wenn ein Deutsche "du gefällst mir" sagen würde? Einfach "you look cute/pretty/good/beautiful etc.", "I find you cute/pretty/good/beautiful" oder was weiß ich... So weit ich weiß gibt's im Englischen kein Äquivalent von "Du gefällst mir", oder?
Topic: suck something /on something / at something
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:08:55 PM
Hello,

What's the difference between "suck sth", "suck at sth" and "suck on sth"?

Thx
Topic: How are you and its alternatives
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:31:31 AM
Hello,

If you ask "How are you", "How have you been", "How is it going", "How are you doing", "What's up", "How do you do", "Are you/are you doung/you are ok/good/well", do you mean the same and expect the same answer? And do you always have to answer this questions or can they be just a greeting? I've heard, that in the store/shop the cashier often say to you "Hi, how are you", what should I answer, just "Hi", Hi, fine, thanks" or "Hi, fine, thanks, how about you"? I persanally can't imagine him to tell me how he is, but would imagine it if you can use it really only as a greeting and not necessarily as a question (or rather not use, but take it as if it was only a greeting and not a question)
Also, do you use something/anything (what is right here by the way?) like "All/everything (is) green/alright/within an acceptable range"?
Topic: "after finishing her trip, latest by March 2015,she will..."
Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:38:13 PM
Hello,

the sentence is "after finishing her trip, latest by March 2015, she will continue to work for us".

What does that mean?
What does March 2015 related to? To the end of her trip or to the end of her work?

Thanks in advance
Topic: Activity and occupation. Possible answers
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2014 1:48:42 PM
Hello all,

there are forms, containing such fields as occupation or current activity.
As I understand "student" is an occupation, but could I write "Studying business administration (Bachelor of Arts)" as an activity? Or maybe something else? Do I have then a choice between those two answers, if the question is "current activity/occupation"?
And what should I write as my "previous activity/occupation"
"getting secondary education", "studying for secondary education" or something else?

Thanks in advance

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.