User Name: 7Thunders
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Weeping Willow
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:17:48 AM
It is a struggle; for though the black man fights passively, he nevertheless fights; and his passive resistance is more effective at present than active resistance could possibly be. He bears the fury of the storm as does the willow tree.
Topic: The Weeping Willow
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:13:58 AM
The willow which bends to the tempest, often escapes better than the oak which resists it; and so in great calamities, it sometimes happens that light and frivolous spirits recover their elasticity and presence of mind sooner than those of a loftier character.
Topic: Does this question make sense?
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:37:03 PM
You could use
"What Snacks do you have for this evening?"
Or; "Are there any snacks for this evening?"
Topic: antipathy
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:39:25 AM
The thing about youthful offenders is that no one seems to care about them. Most people don't like adolescents - even the good ones can be snarky and unpleasant. Combine the antipathy we feel toward the average teenager with the fear inspired by youth violence, and you have a population that no one wants to deal with.
Topic: spendthrift
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:15:06 AM
What is charm then? The free giving of a grace, the spending of something given by nature in her role of spendthrift ... something extra, superfluous, unnecessary, essentially a power thrown away.
Topic: languorous
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 12:13:36 AM
“I don't think you have enough "new" words - and speaking of languor I would speak of it as 'a touch of languor' which comes from the depths of well-rested people who enjoy their life..."
Topic: Postpartum Depression Breastfeeding Link
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:36:53 PM
Thank God for Breast Milk, I have a healthy attitude
Topic: quench
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:22:50 PM
Quench not the Spirit
Topic: ineluctable
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:02:17 AM
I was reluctant to write, however, here it is.
The period from now until the end of the war in 1453 demonstrated an apparently ineluctable downhill slide."javascript:insertsmiley('d'oh!%20','/images/emoticons/eusa_doh.gif')
Topic: Would you ...? Could you ...? Will you ...? Can you ...?
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 6:47:40 PM
[quote=DavidLearn]Hi teachers,
I'm working on this definition for 'Would you ...? Could you ...? Will you ...? Can you ...?' Do you agree on it?
In yes/no questions these modals with the subject pronoun you ask someone for help, cooperation, or assistance in the present or future.
Examples:
Would you help me with the boxes? Yes, I will.
Could you open the door for me? Yes, I will.
Will you do me a favor? Yes, I will.
Can you open the window? Yes, I can.

My other questions:
1. You wouldn't do that! Would You?
2. How Could You!