User Name: Laurie Cameron
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 57
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: International Women's Day
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:51:02 AM
Fantastic to see women in our country no longer being viewed through a masculine lens but taking the opportunity to improve the way we work and live.
Topic: All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have...
Posted: Monday, March 7, 2016 1:51:27 AM
I know he has a Degree in Science but the focus wasn't biology or maritime...
This is more aligned to his personal love of the sea than anything else [I think].
Topic: How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:04:07 AM
Maybe I should get a flower hat to hide my wrinkles...Think
Topic: First African American wins Academy Award (1940)
Posted: Monday, February 29, 2016 1:49:09 AM
"I don't no nothing about birthing no babies Miss Scarlet" Mammy - Gone with the Wind
What an amazing, crazy talented lady who broke through so many barriers.
Applause Applause Applause
Topic: The idol of today pushes the hero of yesterday out of our recollection; and will, in turn, be supplanted by his successor of...
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:59:11 AM
A true statement is most cases but it depends on the enduring nature of the hero's work or action.
There are a number of heroes out there who we have remembered through yearly holidays, statues or just there selfless acts were so widely felt that they live on.
Topic: Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education.
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 12:31:19 AM
JFK
Again Today
No Way
Break it up a bit TFD hey
What do you say
Topic: The new and terrible dangers which man has created can only be controlled by man.
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 12:10:17 AM
JMV wrote:
In response to the previous post . . . .

With all due respect, if your hope is in politics to make a real and lasting difference, then I genuinely feel for you.

For sure my hope is not in politics. Just making a point for people to question where there hope lies
Topic: demigod
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:48:03 PM
Sometimes referred to in German as Übermensch.
The term Übermensch was used frequently by Hitler and the Nazi regime to describe their idea of an Aryan master race

Demigod - no a fan of the concept.
Topic: against the collar
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:36:27 PM
Ah those Brits - so cultured and refined.
I love it
Topic: George Harrison (1943)
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:24:42 PM
I always remember when he was stabbed 40 times. A great survivor before being taken by the great destroyer (cancer).
Great musician.