User Name: Henry Martinez
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 42
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Isabella d'Este (1474)
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:46:46 PM
This was an extremely impressive lady. I was amazed by her life, her abilities, her loyalties, her accomplishments. I wonder what da Vinci's problem was. Maybe he was to busy playing circle jerk with his pals. Eight children and cleavage showing her nipples, amazing. She sounds like she could be fun to be around. Did she have no lovers? It seems ashame the Lady was burdened and heart broken by such a scoundrel of a husband.
Topic: European Court Upholds "Right to be Forgotten"
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:28:51 PM
Thank God!!! Bless the European Union. Finally someone fights the invasion of our personal rights to privacy. I will never understand how the public stands by while Google demands personal information about their lives and transmits it around the globe. Is everyone so desperate to have their existence acknowledged. Google is allowed to do whatever they wish with anything written or any photos taken even in the most private of time's. The people cannot object, they cannot demand removal, they can do nothing but watch while mistakes made while very young or under some kind of influences, or naively believing no one else could use what they assumed was private correspondence. Maybe this will be the weak spot in Google's armour that precipitates their eventual destruction.
Topic: Florence Nightingale (1820)
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 10:18:46 PM
One of the most beautiful of beautiful women. If I had lived during her time I would have pursued her relentlessly. It devastates me to this day her failure to acknowledge the existence of unseeable bacteria. It is easy to imagine the heartbreak this must have caused her when the evidence became irrefutable. Oh God, if we could, all of us of noble heart, taste the wonder of perfection. I would be devastated to learn that my convictions caused innocents suffering and death. It would give a whole new meaning to depression. But, she learned and came back to spread the word against prevailing misconceptions. I haven't the words to praise her enough.
Topic: Although this technique is not given the kind of free reign
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:16:24 PM
Thanks thar, I personally missed that completely. Spot on. Damned glad my life didn't depend on seeing that, I'd be in Hell with J Edgar helping him dig up a file on Beelzebub.
Topic: J. Edgar Hoover Appointed Director of FBI (1924)
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 6:10:41 PM
Old J Edgar knew the best defense is attack, whether is was gays or political opponents. During the larger part of his reign his was a big a-hole that even Presixents couldn't control. Harry Truman had him pegged early on.
Topic: Be Kind to Animals Week
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 6:40:49 AM
Everyday. There are 5 mutts IN my house and it requires constant cleaning for a family with allergies. And some of them don't even like each other(the dogs). Jealousy is a demon. But what the hey, who has the time for boredom. She(her name, a peekinese and Chihuahua mix) just peed on the rug because I won't get up and put her back on the bed because she jumped down to sniff under the door because she is nosey and has to check out every sound the other guy's make. She is to small to jump up, although her athletic brother has no trouble at all, but he usually prefers to sleep elsewhere. It is a little spot but I still have to get up and clean up after her. Her nose is sticking out from under the bed because she knows I am not happy. But I will put her back on the bed because I know if I don't she will be trying for the next three hours to jump up here and no one will get any sleep.
Topic: It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:45:12 AM
Is it better to love or be loved? Usually one person loves more or less than the other. Maybe a little or maybe a lot. Also quite often the roles are switched as time goes on. People grow tired of being unappreciated or underappreciated and withdraw emotionally which can panic the one who is accustomed to being loved the most. Most will love unwisely at some period in time and it is a terrible shame that has become commonplace. Most will survive and overcome but the pain is great and lasts a very long time. But not loving at all is losing a tremendously important part of existing. It is complicated to say the least, but absolutely worthwhile.
Topic: J. M. Barrie (1860)
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 7:35:00 PM
The more I read the more uncomfortable I became. So his one and only wife was his beard and his figurative family was rife with tragedy. Did he also bleach his skin and have a false nose? His life was quite the thriller. I would much rather be wrong than right in my soft assumptions, but life has a way of dirtying itself. Whether we like it or not.
Topic: Thomas Blood Attempts to Steal Crown Jewels of England (1671)
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 6:41:43 PM
Do you have a plan, Darkwolf? I doubt they would be so lenient today. Beware!
Topic: Miyoshi Umeki (1929)
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:58:53 PM
Everything you said Monamagda was so true. I was a kid but I fell in love with her personality and the image she projected. She was extremely talented and possessed the fortitude to fight for what she wanted and she had the talent to back it up. Many times I thought of her and wondered what happened to her. I Hope her later years were good for her. I think she had tremendous courage and would face her destiny with great dignity.