mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
The terrorism will be defeated. Options
politicalfancier
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:37:02 AM
Rank: Member

Joined: 5/3/2010
Posts: 12
Location: China
Xinhua Beijing on June 24, Ministry of Public Security spokesman Wu Heping 24, said recently Chinese public security has cracked major terrorist cases, and arrested more than 10 terrorist organizations, leaders, and members of the backbone, including the leaders Amudurexiti (male, Xinjiang Shache County, 42 years old) and another male, Xinjiang Yopurga County man, 33 years old, seized explosive devices to commit effectively thwarted terrorist plot to destroy a timely manner to eliminate the social safety hazard.
It was said that since 2008, the terrorist group in Xinjiang was in the planning and implementation of a number of terrorist cases, which occurred during the Beijing Olympic Games in Xinjiang Kashi border police attacked the officers and the terrorist bombing attacks in Kuqa County Department of the terrorist organizations, which carried on by these members.
Terrorism is the biggest danger to the world, all the people should be aware of the danger and every country should be responsible for the duty of destroy any terrorist group.
Jeech
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 2:58:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/21/2009
Posts: 1,468
Neurons: 4,436
Location: Karachi West, Sindh, Pakistan
Well done China... So did it Iran... without any "collateral damage."Applause

Did you see guys how to eliminate terrorism that's spread in the neighboring countries since the US and the aliance has occupied Afghanistan? "War on terror" has never been to eliminate terrorism it's only to ascalate militarism to the borders of the "enemies."
Maggie
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 3:22:39 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 727
Neurons: 2,128
Jeech wrote:
Well done China... So did it Iran... without any "collateral damage."Applause

Did you see guys how to eliminate terrorism that's spread in the neighboring countries since the US and the alliance has occupied Afghanistan? "War on terror" has never been to eliminate terrorism it's only to ascalate militarism to the borders of the "enemies."


There's an old adage that comes to mind here:
If you're a friend of our enemy, you're our enemy.

It's time for the United States to take a position that supports its own citizens FIRST.

I would expect no less from every other nation in the world. Nations need to do what they need to do to protect their sovereignty. If that means occupation, then so be it. If that means major military action, then so be it. Form alliances, work together, but look out for number one. If you don't, you'll soon be answering to someone else.
maximus
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 6:51:03 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/2010
Posts: 58
Neurons: 177
Location: On a round platter inside Farlex Database
I fail to see Maggie how an impoverished nation like Afghanistan pose a geographical or strategical threat so as to warrant occupation.
Maggie
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:33:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 727
Neurons: 2,128
maximus wrote:
I fail to see Maggie how an impoverished nation like Afghanistan pose a geographical or strategical threat so as to warrant occupation.




That's because you're inside the Farlex Database.
Angel
maximus
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:42:53 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/2010
Posts: 58
Neurons: 177
Location: On a round platter inside Farlex Database
Maggie wrote:
maximus wrote:
I fail to see Maggie how an impoverished nation like Afghanistan pose a geographical or strategical threat so as to warrant occupation.




That's because you're inside the Farlex Database.
Angel


TThink hat's an idea..
RuthP
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:11:15 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/2/2009
Posts: 5,408
Neurons: 87,618
Location: Drain, Oregon, United States
The Uighurs are a Turkik-speaking mostly Muslim minority in Xinjiang province. Friction between Uighurs and Han Chinese is longstanding. It's been exacerbated in the last 10 - 15 years by development which has brought larger numbers of Han to Xinjiang. Development appears to have profited the Han considerably more than the Uighars.

Recently, there have been some signs of a (probably still small) Al-Qaida and / or other "radical Muslim" outside groups in Xinjiang. These influences were not historically present in Xinjiang.

There are two strains of thought on China's terror crackdown: That China is assisting in the "global war on terror" (Sorry, but I disagree with and despise that terminology), OR: That China is taking this opportunity to crack-down on one of it's more troublesome minorities. As with most things, the truth at this point probably lies somewhere in between those two positions.

Quick timeline of Han and Uighur
Google: Timeline links

Recent Historical Perspective
Asia Times 2001: China intensifies its 'terror' crackdown 11/2001; post September 11th 2001.

Sunday Times (U.K.) 2007: Beijing’s ‘war on terror’ hides brutal crackdown on Muslims

2009 Conflict: The current crackdown is supposed to prevent a repetition
ZonaEuropa: The Urumqui Incident: News summaries, links, U-Tube links from 7/6 (day after riots)

NYT 7/2009: Clashes in China Shed Light on Ethnic Divide

Washington Post 7/2009: E-mail interview w/ Sean Roberts Sean Roberts is an anthropologist at George Washington University who had been studying Uyghurs (different transliteration) for 20y.

2010
Jakarta Globe 3/2010: China’s Muslim Uighurs Caught in Middle as Regional Stability Takes Center Stage By Christopher M Clarke retired in 2009 after 25 years as a China analyst and head of the China Division of the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research. Copyright © 2010 Yale Center for the Study of Globalization

The Australian (online) w/ Wall Street Journal 6/2010: China imposes a 5pc windfall tax on Xinjiang energy province A little understanding of the economics involved.

Washington Post 6/2010: One year later, China's crackdown after Uighur riots haunts a homeland

Radio Free Asia 6/2010: Uyghur Students Sent Home

The Australian 6/2010: Chinese break up 'major terror group'

Al-Jazeera 6/2010: China 'arrests Xinjiang plotters' For a different perspective.

I think I got the June entries in chronological order.
Jeech
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:33:57 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/21/2009
Posts: 1,468
Neurons: 4,436
Location: Karachi West, Sindh, Pakistan
Maggie wrote:
Jeech wrote:
Well done China... So did it Iran... without any "collateral damage."Applause

Did you see guys how to eliminate terrorism that's spread in the neighboring countries since the US and the alliance has occupied Afghanistan? "War on terror" has never been to eliminate terrorism it's only to ascalate militarism to the borders of the "enemies."


There's an old adage that comes to mind here:
If you're a friend of our enemy, you're our enemy.

It's time for the United States to take a position that supports its own citizens FIRST.

I would expect no less from every other nation in the world. Nations need to do what they need to do to protect their sovereignty. If that means occupation, then so be it. If that means major military action, then so be it. Form alliances, work together, but look out for number one. If you don't, you'll soon be answering to someone else.


One third of the US sent weapons to Afghanistan disappeared. And worst there is no record of them. So they are found in the countries of "your enemy" and the "friends of your enemy." What means protection to you when you turn your friends into enemies such a way?
Isaac Samuel
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:45:41 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/2/2009
Posts: 674
Neurons: 1,222
Location: United States
It is a hard fact that we arm our combatants. It is a hard fact that our Pentagon Brasses and the field Commandants are in denial and keep ordering for more troops and arms; and it is a hard fact that Congress keeps funding them because they are in denial.
Maggie
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:57:21 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 727
Neurons: 2,128
Jeech wrote:


One third of the US sent weapons to Afghanistan disappeared. And worst there is no record of them. So they are found in the countries of "your enemy" and the "friends of your enemy." What means protection to you when you turn your friends into enemies such a way?


Just wondering......... is Pakistan secretly aiding any of our enemies? The same rule applies.
AnthA1G
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 12:42:29 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/13/2010
Posts: 1,021
Neurons: 3,432
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Maggie, we occupied those countries for our safety? It's hard to admit, in my opinion the US is the big time bully we all detest. Sometimes very smart and clever, but still a bully.

Well done, China. Now, give Tibetans a break.
Maggie
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 3:15:48 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 727
Neurons: 2,128
AnthA1G wrote:
Maggie, we occupied those countries for our safety? It's hard to admit, in my opinion the US is the big time bully we all detest. Sometimes very smart and clever, but still a bully.

Well done, China. Now, give Tibetans a break.


You're entitled to your opinion - something you wouldn't have in many of the countries you defend.
peace.
AnthA1G
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:01:45 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/13/2010
Posts: 1,021
Neurons: 3,432
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Maggie, I'm not defending countries, I'm defending truth and what's right.

Also, the US is an addictive country, you'd fall in love with the safety and freedom it provides. However, the US has got there because of so many brave people who had enough courage to fight for what is right. What the US is doing right now is wrong, again my opinion, and it should stop invading/occupying others territory or just help without greed being the motivator.
Maggie
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:59:24 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 727
Neurons: 2,128
AnthA1G wrote:
Maggie, I'm not defending countries, I'm defending truth and what's right.

Also, the US is an addictive country, you'd fall in love with the safety and freedom it provides. However, the US has got there because of so many brave people who had enough courage to fight for what is right. What the US is doing right now is wrong, again my opinion, and it should stop invading/occupying others territory or just help without greed being the motivator.


Greed as the motivator? I completely disagree with your assessment - of our involvement in the Middle East as well as the character of our nation. But as I said, that is one of the rights you have as a citizen of this great country.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.