mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Canada denies visa to Indians on 'ridiculous' grounds.. Options
peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:09:53 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
This is the gist of what said in the post abcxyz referred to.

We have enough to worry about without resurrecting old happenings... bad as they may be. Besides which it would not be difficult to find some positives in favour of the British would it.

I have been to India several times and love the country but all I said holds true. I have Indian friends in Pune Mumbai and Goa... have you been to my land?

You have had for centuries, and still have, a bad attitude toward the poor. It is rooted in your religious practices and residual caste system. It is plain silly to go on about past things in a resentful and blood boiling way. As I said, boil your blood over real living issues... you have plenty of them. 10 years is in a life time, you are going back before your lifetime... your analogy is ill thought out. No, I am not a person who holds on to anger or grudges I move on and you should do so. Another thing, any anger I might have cause to have, does not lead me to behave like the one who caused the anger. That is childish and counter-productive.

We as a nation have suffered our fair share of injustices, massacres and rape and pillage. We have been conquered and subjugated several times... but it is history and so way back in the past. Expand your heart and mind. It is rubbish to say that the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre boils your blood. There are so many things that you could boil over today without dredging up the past....what is the purpose of that?

Issues today are what are important not something in the past. Of course poverty exists in every country and I did not tell you, by the way that it does not exist at some level in my own land... but at different levels to your land. India is a different story... the problem is massive, and for a long, long time has been ignored with just lip service given to it. Your evil caste system practiced by Hindus Muslims and Christian’s, has had much to do with it and you should face up to that. The Hindu scriptures, some say, do not support it yet Hindu's chose to follow it.

This social stratification by birth is so unjust and still exists... it is an arrogant prideful notion that should not exist among decent people.
Yes, look back on history and learn from it for sure, but don't use it to raise the temperature or vent anger and denigrate a people while overlooking all the good done. Unfortunately folk are more interested in the grudges than the lessons.

If the subject of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre had been raised in the wider context of what man does and is capable of, or in the context of injustices inflicted on others by nation-states, instead of in the narrow context of the bloodthirsty British then it would have had more force.


KM says
Peter, that is a terrible generalization of Middle class Indians

peter says.

But that attitude is so prevalant. Of course there are a minority of middle-class who really care, but they certianly are a minority. Successive Indian governments have for a long time promised social programs for the poor but never got hold of the nettle.

You say the middle class is disappearing... I doubt that, but if it is true then the poor are not getting any less in number... just the rich richer. That is glossing over a really tragic problem.

It is a societal problem rooted in a caste system and religion. When India faces up to that fact, divorces religion and state, tears to pieces the caste system, not by word of mouth but by deed, then it will make some progress.

As to what I know or do not know all I can say is that I still have middle-class friends there. Of course I am not so well informed as you. It is your land... a beautiful one at that... but I am objective and not hampered by misplaced national pride
peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:16:22 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
So it was you addngkr boiling your blood over a ninety year old event.That comment was so disingenuous. Get real. You are surrounded by far more tragic things in your land. Boil your blood over these and shout it from the rooftops.



Ahem I wonder if Srirr is alright. The last I heard he was rolling about on the floor laughing. He should read my last two posts and see if that cures him.

kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:26:31 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
addngkr wrote:

AND! My reply to you then was that the Indian Govt., Indians, NGOs aren't sitting like lame ducks. India is huge nation with second largest population to feed to. Measures are being taken on that. So many employment opportunities have been created under numerous plans by the Government. But YOU know about India more than me, don't you peter because your wisdom and knowledge are too great to be fathomed by "Laymen" like me. YOU know about India more than me(because you have been to India a couple of times and your friends reside here). [/color]


YOU NEED TO TAKE LOOK AT THAT POST TOO, PETER.



Yes indeed things are being done in our country to bring about necessary changes. Maybe not yet fast enough, perhaps too little even. Yes, we, being the world's largest democracy, are obviously finding it difficult to deal with it. But it is not that we as a nation are not trying. There will always be unscrupulous people to hamper the progress and the good work being done, but does that mean we should blame the whole country for that??

Anyway, I don't think why we should be discussing all this with Peter, who obviously knows so much more than us, about our own country, through, like you said, a few visits and a few friends.

I have visited Bhutan (for 1 hour). So, now I know about how their government works, and at least 60% of what their people know of their country. Isn't that convenient? If I can remember properly, I even befriended one shop keeper there, and if I go visit it once more, I can start blaming their people for everything I want to. Can't wait to get that privilege. Hoo hoo exciting.
peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:29:47 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
adngkr said

You need to look at that post too, Peter

peter replied

Addy old boy I refer you to my post above... it is already done.
peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:34:25 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
KM said

I have visited Bhutan (for 1 hour). So, now I know about how their government works, and at least 60% of what their people know of their country.

peter said That is a silly and childish comment... now come on KM, don't lower the tone'

It may surprise you to know KM, no will surprise you to know, that there are foriegners who know far more than you about your country and it history. You would do well to read some of the western books on the subject your land. I do not claim to be one of those. But when I do comment it is because I do know... ok?
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:39:19 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
peterhewett wrote:


It is a societal problem rooted in a caste system and religion. When India faces up to that fact, divorces religion and state, tears to pieces the caste system, not by word of mouth but by deed, then it will make some progress.


It is a social problem. By the way, I am one of those many Indians who are totally irreligious and don't give a rat's arse about castes.
peterhewett wrote:

As to what I know or do not know all I can say is that I still have middle-class friends there. Of course I am not so well informed as you. It is your land... a beautiful one at that... but I am objective and not hampered by misplaced national pride


Good for you. Perhaps if you have a couple of more friends, you would also know what the Indian govt. doesn't know of the affairs of the nation.d'oh!
peterhewett wrote:

But that attitude is so prevalant.

Of course there are a minority of middle-class who really care, but they certianly are a minority.


Can you prove the veracity of those two comments above? A minority of middle class really care? Do you mean 1 of your 3 friends? By the way, I hope you have at least 3, since if you have 2, you can't have a minority!!

Peter, we LIVE here. Can you get it?? I have been living here for, what, 23 years nearly. And I have known so many people. But of course, I didn't have the glasses made by Hewett and Co. in my eyes. So I must have instead used rose-tinted glasses.d'oh!

peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:40:49 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
Ok KM I am done here but in deference to you being an Indian I will let you have the last word.

You may tear me to pieces. Adieu. Don't be too provocative or sarci or I will strain at the leash.

Can't make head nor tail of your majority/minority thing. I don't have to prove it to you KM, you just have to be honest with yourslf, now come on.

Yes you live there and some of you are so blind you let your blood boil over a ninety year old event and cannot see what is around you.

I plan to go to India next year...think I'll get a visa? Dish the glasses and get real.


Gone!
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:45:47 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
peterhewett wrote:

It may surprise you to know KM, no will surprise you to know, that there are foriegners who know far more than you about your country and it history. You would do well to read some of the western books on the subject your land. I do not claim to be one of those. But when I do comment it is because I do know... ok?


Yes, I do know there are foreigners who know more about my country than me. But as you said, you are not one of them. I wasn't suggesting that there is no such foreigner, obviously. But they will only be ones who stay in India permanently and have completely mixed up with mainstream India. However, still, it is completely different to be born and brought up in India, by Indian parents and in Indian culture which they wouldn't have experienced. So, a native will always have a generally better understanding of his roots and nation. Though of course, there may be more facts known by such authors who have written books on India. But only and I repeat, only if they stay permanently in the country and don't just come here for a few visits to their few friends.

you said:
But when I do comment it is because I do know... ok?

No, not ok. you comment on India without knowing. Sorry.Speak to the hand
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:51:13 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
Anyway, enough said. adios.
Avonlea
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 9:52:52 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 168
Sorry Kisholy but you don't own the Sanskrit Language or India for that matter. You're just trying to find out who I am and where I am. Please don't push this, or I might feel I have to say things about Indians that might not be nice. I mentioned that I have been to India. Many westerners went there in the 1970s, I was one of them.
addngkr
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:28:49 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/12/2010
Posts: 166
Neurons: 512
Location: Face of Earth
"I might feel I have to say things about Indians that might not be nice."

I am wondering what that might be?! Just curious. Think
abcxyz
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:38:14 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,056
Neurons: 3,200
Location: India
First off, even though the incident occurred 90 years ago, the British left India in 1947, almost 60 years ago. So the image of the British-ruled India is still in the minds of our parents and grandparents. The effect of the 200 year old British rule lasted even after they left, causing terrible famine and unrest in the country. I believe most of us had people in the family who died or sufferred due to the British rule(at least I had). That incident gives a picture of how the British treated Indians, so when we think about it, it doesn't seem like an incident happened so long ago. Just like how people get emotional thinking about WW2. Portugese and French had colonies in India too, but nobody remembers them as colonisers now. Indians remember the British, because the British rule affected India the most.

Now, why does it bother you if addngkr's blood boils over that incident? Why do you assume that he doesn't care about the 'real issues', just because he sympathizes with people who died in the massacre? In your retaliatory post to addngkr in that thread you wrote: "the British were no worse than anyone else. I can't understand why one should find it beyond belief." Nobody said anything about the British being any worse than anyone else or such incidents being completely unprecedented in history, yet you mentioned it since addngkr wrote: "It was a display of the Brits' Barbarism." Clearly, it was your hurt national pride that made you say that. By 'Brits' addngkr obviously meant the colonisers, just like when people say 'Germans tortured Jews' they mean only the ones who actually did it. So it would not be a truth that you objected to addngkr making an apparently generalised comment, since in the numerous threads about World Wars I have never seen you objecting to the use of the word 'Germans'.
You wrote: "it would not be difficult to find some positives in favour of the British would it. " If it was only addngkr's 'self-righteousness' and your surprise at how his blood could boil over the J massacre, where did this remark come from?
Again, "Besides it was nothing to do with me or mine.I for one have no blood on my hands. " Where do you come in a discussion about the J massacre? You assumed the connection yourself. The only reason was that you're British and you felt the accusation of barbarism was directed to you.

However, I do not wish to argue on this offshoot topic that spawned from the last paragraph of my previous post. The main discussion is over, so so long.
addngkr
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:57:08 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/12/2010
Posts: 166
Neurons: 512
Location: Face of Earth
First off, even though the incident occurred 90 years ago, the British left India in 1947, almost 60 years ago. So the image of the British-ruled India is still in the minds of our parents and grandparents. The effect of the 200 year old British rule lasted even after they left, causing terrible famine and unrest in the country. I believe most of us had people in the family who died or sufferred due to the British rule(at least I had). That incident gives a picture of how the British treated Indians, so when we think about it, it doesn't seem like an incident happened so long ago. Just like how people get emotional thinking about WW2. Portugese and French had colonies in India too, but nobody remembers them as colonisers now. Indians remember the British, because the British rule affected India the most.

Now, why does it bother you if addngkr's blood boils over that incident? Why do you assume that he doesn't care about the 'real issues', just because he sympathizes with people who died in the massacre? In your retaliatory post to addngkr in that thread you wrote: "the British were no worse than anyone else. I can't understand why one should find it beyond belief." Nobody said anything about the British being any worse than anyone else or such incidents being completely unprecedented in history, yet you mentioned it since addngkr wrote: "It was a display of the Brits' Barbarism." Clearly, it was your hurt national pride that made you say that. By 'Brits' addngkr obviously meant the colonisers, just like when people say 'Germans tortured Jews' they mean only the ones who actually did it. So it would not be a truth that you objected to addngkr making an apparently generalised comment, since in the numerous threads about World Wars I have never seen you objecting to the use of the word 'Germans'.
You wrote: "it would not be difficult to find some positives in favour of the British would it. " If it was only addngkr's 'self-righteousness' and your surprise at how his blood could boil over the J massacre, where did this remark come from?
Again, "Besides it was nothing to do with me or mine.I for one have no blood on my hands. " Where do you come in a discussion about the J massacre? You assumed the connection yourself. The only reason was that you're British and you felt the accusation of barbarism was directed to you.

However, I do not wish to argue on this offshoot topic that spawned from the last paragraph of my previous post. The main discussion is over, so so long.




- - - - - - - - - - -
Applause Applause Applause


No more words. You said what I meant. Thank-you. :)
peterhewett
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:18:51 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2009
Posts: 2,452
Neurons: 3,698
Location: In my head
No abcxyz It was not national pride... I do not have that attitude. I am an internationalist and do not think my nation is above another ok. I love my country in that I love the life style... the changing seasons... the countryside. But in no way do I put it above another and in no way would I go to war for it... I am a conscientious objector. Does that answer your question... it should.

Are you KM and abcxyz at one and the same time? There are some people here that hide behind avatars and have dual/multi ID's.
Jeech
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:19:54 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/21/2009
Posts: 1,468
Neurons: 4,436
Location: Karachi West, Sindh, Pakistan
Peace, peace, peace. Everyone here is the victim of "profiling". Stop it here please.

My opinion: The members of Visha Hindu Preshad, the Hindu terrorist organization, thats charged for massacares of Muslims and Christians in Maharashter and Gothera are still allowed to visit Canada. Strange enough, isn't it?
abcxyz
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:33:27 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,056
Neurons: 3,200
Location: India
peterhewett wrote:

Are you KM and abcxyz at one and the same time? There are some people here that hide behind avatars and have dual/multi ID's.


Well, I don't remember anyone with dual or multi IDs. There may be, I don't know. No, we are not the same person, I think it's quite obvious.
I don't know if uncoverer is hinting that I and KM are one and the same, but if he is, he is the one who is supposed to give proof to back his statement up, not me. Plus, I'd like to know how among the 10000 members of TFD he, a rather new member, alone has got this idea.
As for taking the matter to the admins, I'm all for it. Since there is considerable doubt about the location of uncoverer (plus he is spamming around posting the same comment everywhere), I hope they'll be able to clear up the confusion.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:31:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
Yes, Uncoverer is hinting at me and abcxyz all right. Since he has been making these accusations for some time now.
And No, I am not abcxyz. We are two different people. As is evident from the posts also. Uncoverer's profile info, on the other hand, is false, which makes his account liable for termination, as per forum rules.

He is obviously trying to create yet another row because the frustrated individual has lost his ploy to derail an otherwise intriguing topic. It is there for all to see that this guy has come to TFD to only bother me, and that he has been chasing me around ever since he has joined. No one who doesn't know me would not be spending so much time just to heckle me and cross me everywhere. Do a forum search on him and you'll see what I am saying. Plus, I have already proven before that he is lying about his identity for which I have proof also, including his own words said to me about his whereabouts.

I have plenty to say to prove the veracity of my claim above but unfortunately my hands are tied because of admins' direction not to disclose any one's identity. And I cannot explain why he is saying abcxyz and me are the same persons because that would require me to go into more personal details, which I am not allowed to. Otherwise, I know not only this guy's name, but even his telephone no. and street address (as I have even been to his house multiple times)!!

This is disgusting, since if I get banned for this, it will be unfair.

I post here in tfd sticking to topics only and some of my posts may be controversial, but so is life!! This guy only insults me everywhere, as that is the sole objective of his stay in TFD.


It is HIM who is spamming around with the same post, presumably out of sheer frustration for losing yet another psychological battle for being caught red-faced in this thread, after Canada's apology, which has made him look silly and his accusations against me baseless. He has posted that crap in 4 places now.


I leave the rest to the admins.


EDIT:: the disgusting post by the hideous person is now gone. Justice
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 2:45:57 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
peterhewett wrote:
No abcxyz It was not national pride... I do not have that attitude. I am an internationalist and do not think my nation is above another ok. I love my country in that I love the life style... the changing seasons... the countryside. But in no way do I put it above another and in no way would I go to war for it... I am a conscientious objector. Does that answer your question... it should.

Are you KM and abcxyz at one and the same time? There are some people here that hide behind avatars and have dual/multi ID's.


Peter, I am not the type who needs to hide behind avatars. You can see that I confront posts aimed at me directly.
However, you will surely agree that I post on various topics and I never choose a single person to go after. I have also agreed with you on many occasions but you have overlooked that always.

@ Avonlea:

What do you mean by 'say things about Indians that might not be nice.'? Where did that come from? Why would you do anything like that? I simply asked your location out of curiosity since sharanam is a sanskrit word and you said you don't live in India. So, I had guessed a couple of places where sanskrit might be used.
Oddly enough, you didn't seem to be sure about the meaning of the word 'sharanam', as you said in one of your posts. "Maybe it means surrender but I now it as meaning a kind of shelter". So, I may not be owning Sanskrit or India (obviously and no one does by the way, it's a free country!!) but you didn't seem to be well versed in sanskrit either. (edited)


@ Cat: I hope now I have been able to establish at least that I wasn't giving my opinion about those reasons for denying visas. :)
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:21:28 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
The Indian govt. has expressed its satisfaction over the Canadian apology. So, all is well.:)

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7004491.html
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 5:59:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
addngkr wrote:
uncoverer, now you really need to read the link provided by me.

I am eagerly waiting for your response.

[You always tend to engage yourself in an argument and not a discussion. You are more keen on disproving others instead of perceiving the importance of the discussion. I hope that you do understand the difference between an argument and a discussion!]


You are absolutely right.Applause Well said.
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 9:29:31 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Aaah Humm, did anyone read my post about the Expelled Ambassidoe?
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 9:32:35 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Aaah Humm, did anyone read my post about the Expelled Ambassador?
sorry, spell check playing up,
WOwara
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 9:54:45 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/4/2010
Posts: 61
Neurons: 204
Location: United States
I do not see where all the side issues came from kisholoy, from the start you made it very clear the issue was the insult to legitimate national organization, and not individuals, which any country has a sovereign right to deny entry to, as you said. I do not see how anybody got this other stuff out of your original post.

Bill.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 11:39:43 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
WOwara wrote:
I do not see where all the side issues came from kisholoy, from the start you made it very clear the issue was the insult to legitimate national organization, and not individuals, which any country has a sovereign right to deny entry to, as you said. I do not see how anybody got this other stuff out of your original post.

Bill.


Yes indeed Bill, I do not know either.
abcxyz
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 2:42:49 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,056
Neurons: 3,200
Location: India
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
Yes, Uncoverer is hinting at me and abcxyz all right. Since he has been making these accusations for some time now.


I had the idea that he was insinuating that you and avonlea were the same person, as he did in another thread. Funny whenever there is an accusation, however baseless it may be, the onus seems to be on the accused to vindicate him/herself. To most TFD members it's 'guilty until proved innocent'. So it's pointless even to try and reason with them, because they have already made up their minds to believe the worst.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 3:14:42 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
abcxyz wrote:


I had the idea that he was insinuating that you and avonlea were the same person, as he did in another thread.


Did he? Well, that would add some variety, wouldn't it?d'oh!

Anyway, I was thinking Avonlea is more akin to Uncoverer himself, since Avonlea has been targeting Peter right from the moment he joined this forum, just like Uncoverer has been targeting me. I don't know why the latter is happening of course, while I do know why uncoverer is doing it, as I have explained in my post in blue.

abcxyz wrote:

Funny whenever there is an accusation, however baseless it may be, the onus seems to be on the accused to vindicate him/herself. To most TFD members it's 'guilty until proved innocent'.


Agreed. I wouldn't say most TFD members, but certainly some have made up their minds, it seems. Well, to them all I can say is, mai pen rai.Speak to the hand
dingdong
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 7:26:34 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/7/2010
Posts: 1,139
Neurons: 3,370
Location: Philippines
KM wrote:[b] Anyway, I was thinking Avonlea is more akin to Uncoverer himself, since [b]Avonlea has been targeting Peter right from the moment he joined this forum, just like Uncoverer has been targeting me. I don't know why the latter is happening of course, while I do know why uncoverer is doing it, as I have explained in my post in blue.


I have seen Avonlea's other posts - in fact I have replied - and they are nothing to do with Peter. Further, unless Avonlea is fibbing, Avonlea is a she.
All these conspiracies! Wow. Anyway, keep it up; great entertainment.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:04:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
dingdong wrote:
KM wrote:[b] Anyway, I was thinking Avonlea is more akin to Uncoverer himself, since [b]Avonlea has been targeting Peter right from the moment he joined this forum, just like Uncoverer has been targeting me. I don't know why the latter is happening of course, while I do know why uncoverer is doing it, as I have explained in my post in blue.


I have seen Avonlea's other posts - in fact I have replied - and they are nothing to do with Peter. Further, unless Avonlea is fibbing, Avonlea is a she.
All these conspiracies! Wow. Anyway, keep it up; great entertainment.


Avonlea and I don't have any problems. As for uncoverer, you don't have to bother. I have enough proof and can establish everything I have said about him. No conspiracy theory there. Just bare facts. This isn't the 'toaster' thread.
Everyone has seen that uncoverer has been following me around and heckling me, but you conveniently pretend to overlook it. Shame on you
Stop trying to exploit my situation where I am not being able to give out the proofs because of forum rules. Stay out of it. The admins are watching.
dingdong
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:09:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/7/2010
Posts: 1,139
Neurons: 3,370
Location: Philippines
KM wrote: Avonlea and I don't have any problems. As for uncoverer, you don't have to bother. I have enough proof and can establish everything I have said about him. No conspiracy theory there. Just bare facts. This isn't the 'toaster' thread.Everyone has seen that uncoverer has been following me around and heckling me, but you conveniently pretend to overlook it. Stop trying to exploit my situation where I am not being able to give out the proofs because of forum rules. Stay out of it. The admins are watching.

DD relies: Bothered? Eh? Don't flatter yourself - as I said, it's entertainment. Drool

Haha. Yes, I love toasters.

Again, KM, I'm not 'overlooking', or 'exploiting' or doing anything, other than pointing out a little inconsistency. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I couldn't care less whether you have proof, or not. It's your paranoia, no one else's.

'Stay out of it!!!!' Shame on you And who are you to tell anyone what they can participate in here? (no answer needed)

Now, please get back to business, and leave me in peace. I want some more laughs before I go to bed.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:14:43 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
dingdong wrote:
KM wrote: Avonlea and I don't have any problems. As for uncoverer, you don't have to bother. I have enough proof and can establish everything I have said about him. No conspiracy theory there. Just bare facts. This isn't the 'toaster' thread.Everyone has seen that uncoverer has been following me around and heckling me, but you conveniently pretend to overlook it. Stop trying to exploit my situation where I am not being able to give out the proofs because of forum rules. Stay out of it. The admins are watching.

DD relies: Bothered? Eh? Don't flatter yourself - as I said, it's entertainment. Drool

Haha. Yes, I love toasters.

Again, KM, I'm not 'overlooking', or 'exploiting' or doing anything, other than pointing out a little inconsistency. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I couldn't care less whether you have proof, or not. It's your paranoia, no one else's.

'Stay out of it!!!!' Shame on you And who are you to tell anyone what they can participate in here? (no answer needed)

Now, please get back to business, and leave me in peace. I want some more laughs before I go to bed.


I stand by what I said. I have proof of what I am saying. What inconsistencies?? Point them out, if you can.
I asked you to stay out of the matter between uncoverer and me. That indeed is none of your business. You are provoking me to do something that is not part of the forum rules.
It is no paranoia, DD. Since you say you couldn't care less if I have proof, then why do you call it paranoia?? On what grounds? Why are you pushing this? Why are you taking sides, eh?
Anyway, since I know what I'm talking about, I don't need to bother about what you say. Shaanti. Speak to the hand
whizkid08
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 10:42:14 AM
Rank: Member

Joined: 5/16/2010
Posts: 13
Neurons: 39
Location: India
Fusillade of one-to-one, firm, backed-by-proof arguments!! Situation seems to be straitjacketed.
@KM: "Shaanti"!! Goes out to all other competent members. "PEACE"!!! Adios!
dingdong
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:41:15 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/7/2010
Posts: 1,139
Neurons: 3,370
Location: Philippines
KM wrote: I stand by what I said. I have proof of what I am saying. What inconsistencies?? Point them out, if you can.
I asked you to stay out of the matter between uncoverer and me. That indeed is none of your business. You are provoking me to do something that is not part of the forum rules.
It is no paranoia, DD. Since you say you couldn't care less if I have proof, then why do you call it paranoia?? On what grounds? Why are you pushing this? Why are you taking sides, eh?
Anyway, since I know what I'm talking about, I don't need to bother about what you say. Shaanti.

KM, your capacity to misinterpret is boundless. Now please calm down. I have never posted anything about yourself and uncoverer. I merely pointed out that Avonlea does not always attack Peter (and I am currently having as pointless a discussion with her as I am with you) Think Think .
OK? No side taking; I am not interested enough. Neither uncoverer, nor yourself, matter one jot to me. Got it?




kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:38:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
dingdong wrote:

KM, your capacity to misinterpret is boundless.


Lol Okay sorryd'oh!
Isaac Samuel
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:20:50 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/2/2009
Posts: 674
Neurons: 1,222
Location: United States
Mr.Mukherjee posted this topic to garner support from some of the members for his cause,but
I am not sure if he knew—even after 4 pages of posts—that so far no one except his ilk have supported him.

I like to give my objective analysis of this fiasco for the benefit of the members who have
not experienced similar debacle from both sides of the fence——which I happened to have. Although Mr. mukherjee put up a good fight, he lost the battle because most of us from the west were reading from a playbook which he does not possess, even though he argued in the same language.

We could not empathise with him because there is no country in the world,as a rule has ever rejected visa for our officials or guards, because we always follow a certain protocol that overrides almost all other countries' protocols due to our preeminent status.

Visa rejection to their honor guard elites is a national shame for all Indians,especially to the youth whose threshold for flash point to protest is generally very small and personal.In the last five years I know of three dignitaries from India ,when visiting USA were asked to go through secondary inspection on arrival at the port
of entry, which sparked protests and violence in India againt us for few days—That's how much they revere their Government officials of rank and celebrities.

Most of the western countries have fasttrack and priority clearing of visa procedures in place, which can be worked out with rank officers in respective embassies in India, if you are circumspect in meeting their specific security needs, unless you are a convicted felon. Indian Govt.has a reputation of a snail when taking care of their business. It is small thinking to demand apology from another Govt. even after it expressed regret.

There are lots of students from India of Mr. Mukherjee's age always get in trouble with the local authorities for some silly infractions because they sport a certain airs around them thinking they are above the law. Many of us,the expats get them released on our personal recognisance.

40 years is not enough for me to get ac·cul·tur·ised to this country,but mr Mukherjee and his ilk have the chutzpa to claim it through blogosphere in few months.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:14:02 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
It was no battle of any sort. And if there was any, I didn't start it. The focus was on what Canadian govt. was going to do after making ridiculous statements about established and esteemed Indian organizations, which are by no means any more shady and dubious in their work and worth than any of their foreign counterparts. So the real issue was understood by some members, including avatar, a non-Indian and not just fellow countrymen, who were so disrespectfully termed as 'ilks' (a petty ploy to group people in one category, characteristic of those prejudiced and biased). It is perhaps better that those expats who think that they are better than all the natives of the country living in it now keep their foolish pride and stigma against the nation's people to themselves.
This discussion was meant to be just that, a discussion, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who wants to make it look like a personal battle would be the 'ilks' of Mr. Isaac only, viz. uncoverer. With uncalled for personal attacks.

In the meantime, the matter has been well and truly resolved and the two countries have happily and responsibly settled the issue with a smartness and intelligence lacking in some clearly.

Of course, some people never like peace and they are always left fuming no matter what. Well, WTH, not everyone in this world can be made happy. Even with prudence, diplomacy, frankness, neutrality and other noble qualities. Sad, but that's their problem who are to be left to tear their own hair in frustration.

[image not available]
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.