mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Lego Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,932
Lego

Lego is a line of toys featuring colorful plastic bricks, gears, and minifigures that can be assembled to create models of almost anything imaginable. The company had very humble beginnings in the workshop of Ole Kirk Christiansen, a poor carpenter from Denmark, but today manufactures about 20 billion bricks a year. A substantial fan culture has developed that has used the toys to build such things as a harpsichord, a pendulum clock, and an electronic lab kit. What does "Lego" mean? More...
Bit
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:50:40 AM

Neurons: 575,534
Andy Warhol would have been knocked sideways by The Lego Movie. The new animation from Warner Bros. takes art and commerce and clicks them together as naturally and satisfyingly as a pair of plastic bricks on their way to becoming a castle or spaceship. Never before have I felt less like a film was selling me a product, and then left the cinema more desperate to fill my house with the product it wasn’t selling...

These lines are from a review of "The Lego Movie" by Robbie Collin from the Telegraph. Read the full review here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/10614055/The-Lego-Movie-review.html
Bit
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:01:38 AM

Neurons: 575,534
The Lego Group's motto "Det bedste er ikke for godt" as mentioned in the article is to be understood as "The best is never good enough".
striker
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:50:32 AM

Neurons: 5,079,026
timeless toy
Omar Mariani
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:01:22 AM

Neurons: 76,546
From the Danish phrase "leg godt", meaning "play well." Later the Lego Group discovered that "Lego" can be loosely interpreted as "I put together" or "I assemble" in Latin
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:32:19 AM

Neurons: 2,599,403
Don't step on a piece of Lego in bare feet! Great to play with, but I've sure sworn a lot from stepping on pieces as a kid, & now as an aunty. d'oh!
monamagda
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:56:31 PM

Neurons: 7,758,423
The Lego Movie a $468 million global hit.

https://youtu.be/StTqXEQ2l-Y

In the movie, the song is used satirically. The Lego people living in a Lego world sing it because they’ve been brainwashed by an all-powerful corporation to mindlessly—but joyfully—accept a prepackaged set of beliefs and desires, including adamant rule-following. It is, as the film goes on to demonstrate, the opposite of the free-range creativity that’s made Lego’s toys beloved by kids and their parents for decades, and it’s a slightly ironic choice for the meeting today. But taken at face value it’s an effective team-building exercise, and the Future Lab can definitely use the boost, because their job is hard.

Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you’re part of a team!
Everything is awesome!
When we’re living our dream!

http://www.fastcompany.com/3040223/when-it-clicks-it-clicks

Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:08:46 PM

Neurons: 156,985
Daemon wrote:
Lego

Lego is a line of toys featuring colorful plastic bricks, gears, and minifigures that can be assembled to create models of almost anything imaginable. The company had very humble beginnings in the workshop of Ole Kirk Christiansen, a poor carpenter from Denmark, but today manufactures about 20 billion bricks a year. A substantial fan culture has developed that has used the toys to build such things as a harpsichord, a pendulum clock, and an electronic lab kit. What does "Lego" mean? More...

Play well putting things together!