mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
The philosophy of knowledge. Options
pljames
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:29:34 AM

Neurons: 15,207
It seems we all want to understand where we fit in the scheme of things in this world, that's why we question everything. But I think the one question we alway ask and get no answer is, (why are we here)? And then the opinions are some of the answers we get. There are two opinions I see, one is God, two is Charles Darwin. I believe it's God. There is a saying that goes " we are human beings having a spiritual encounter"? I can't see that sentence reversed. Your logic is not my logic and vice versa,

One might think there is a rational reason for us to be here. But after perhaps millions of years we humans have not found peace within us to live is peace. Let's say some have and some don't. Each of us has our own beliefs, but one would think, why all this chaos, that seems to be a reason as well. I choose peace over chaos anyday,because I too have lived with chaos and now chose peace. Thoughts? curious Paul

tunaafi
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:18:29 AM

Neurons: 53,503
pljames wrote:
There are two opinions I see, one is God, two is Charles Darwin.

There are many people who think that Darwin was right but who also believe in God. Some of these people believe that the wonder of evolution is one manifestation of the wonder of God. I don't, but, as I have said elsewhere, I don't think that acceptance of evolution disproves the existence of God.
Kevin Faircloth
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:11:27 PM

Neurons: 3,934
The philosophy of knowledge as per my experience is similar to the knowledgeable origins of the word CONUNDRUM itself. As one example, take the famous author St. Aldhelm. He was admired within a King's court however, the enigmatographer's perplexity allows for different paths of understanding within the court of civilizations. As another example, take a Syrian Aleppo Synagogue's sexton. He was tolerated within a wise ascetic court however, the "janitor's" monotheism allows for the continued understanding within the court of civilizations. Both examples display a positive result for civilization while employing different acting mechanisms i.e., pluralism and singularity. So, the experience I'll share on the topic "philosophy of knowledge" is the actual act of action is "THE" moment in time when knowledge is made public and ready for digestion.
Elvandil
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:48:12 AM

Neurons: 150,707
Epistemology is the basis of all knowledge. Einstein said that no one could be a scientist without a thorough grounding in epistemology.

A fairly new discipline has arisen in recent decades called the "sociology of knowledge", and one that interests me in particular, "the geography of knowledge". Our thoughts and knowledge are taught to us at an early age and the way we see the world is dependent on where we were raised and by whom. Completely different perspectives on what is real and what is true exist, between East and West, for example, and neither is "correct". To understand others, you need to be able to see the world through their eyes.
Lizz Gzz
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 3:55:38 PM

Neurons: 69,724
I think the main question here is: why are we here in earth?
Well, I think that the purpose of life which do not necessarily depend on god like you have said. When we think in the focus of the life, first of all we have to answer the next question: What is life?
Everyone has a conception about this topic so, according with each personal idea will be the purpose that we will live, according to your conceptions, ideas, values and life goals.
Greetings.