mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Hugo Junkers Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,236
Hugo Junkers

Junkers was a pioneering German engineer who held many patents for his original developments in the fields of gas engine and aircraft design. He had innovative ideas about metal airplanes and flying wings, and he put them to the test—somewhat ironically, as he was purportedly a pacifist—developing warplanes for World War I. In the lead-up to World War II, the Nazis stripped Junkers of control of his company and sentenced him to house arrest. He died soon after. What was the "Sheetmetal Donkey"? More...
ScotteeBeth
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:04:20 AM

Neurons: 40,972
I find it interesting that he died on his birthday. Does anybody know his cause of death?
striker
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:10:37 AM

Neurons: 5,079,026
germany always has great innovative engineers
Omar Mariani
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:33:21 AM

Neurons: 76,546
Junkers nicknamed the Blechesel "Tin Donkey" or "Sheet Metal Donkey". IT was the world's first practical all-metal aircraft built early in World War I
monamagda
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:47:56 PM

Neurons: 7,576,446
The Junkers J 1, nicknamed the Blechesel ("Tin Donkey" or "Sheet Metal Donkey")

The Junkers J 1, nicknamed the Blechesel ("Tin Donkey" or "Sheet Metal Donkey"), was the world's first practical all-metal aircraft. Built early in World War I, when aircraft designers relied largely on fabric-covered wooden structures, braced with struts and exposed rigging lines, the Junkers J 1 was a revolutionary development in aircraft design, being built and flown only 12 years after the Wright Brothers had first flown the "Flyer I" biplane in December 1903. Herr Junkers' experimental all-metal aircraft never received an official "A" nor an "E-series" monoplane designation from IdFlieg and the then-designated Fliegertruppe, probably because it was primarily intended as a practical demonstration of Junkers' metal-based structural ideas, and was officially only known by its Junkers factory model number of J 1. It should not be confused with the later, armoured all-metal Junkers J 4 sesquiplane, accepted by the later Luftstreitkräfte as the Junkers J.I (using a Roman numeral).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_J_1
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:49:46 PM

Neurons: 2,599,403
ScotteeBeth wrote:
I find it interesting that he died on his birthday. Does anybody know his cause of death?

In 1935, to live to 76 was probably considered pretty good going. They would have attributed his death to natural causes or old age.
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 4:40:09 PM

Neurons: 156,985
Hugo Junkers
Junkers was a pioneering German engineer who held many patents for his original developments in the fields of gas engine and aircraft design. He had innovative ideas about metal airplanes and flying wings, and he put them to the test—somewhat ironically, as he was purportedly a pacifist—developing warplanes for World War I. In the lead-up to World War II, the Nazis stripped Junkers of control of his company and sentenced him to house arrest. He died soon after. What was the "Sheetmetal Donkey"? More...

Think The military forces bullied him to work for them! I do not believe any true pacifist would do it voluntarily. The world has to start taking money from the military, and giving it for good causes so that the military do not go about so cocky threatening everyone or insinuating threats to those who oppose their unethical "jobs".
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:37:43 PM

Neurons: 37,072
I have often wondered what the world would have become, if it hadn't been for Hitler's destructive acts, would it have been a better place or worse then what it has become?????
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:06:21 AM

Neurons: 2,599,403
Fredric-frank Myers wrote:
I have often wondered what the world would have become, if it hadn't been for Hitler's destructive acts, would it have been a better place or worse -t-h-e-n- than what it has become?????

What the ...?