mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Depression Glass Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,540
Depression Glass

Depression glass is clear or colored translucent glassware that was distributed throughout the US during the Great Depression era of the 1920s and 30s. During that time, the Quaker Oats Company began putting glassware in boxes of food as an incentive to purchase, much like modern cereal box prizes. Movie theaters and businesses sometimes offered pieces simply for coming in the door. Though of marginal quality, Depression glass has become highly collectible. In what colors was it made? More...
striker
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 10:34:13 AM

Neurons: 4,972,229
glass blowing is a art form
PDX1209
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 2:49:42 PM

Neurons: 1,138
Maybe they could make the glass ware with Prozac or Zoloft infused in the glass so it won't be so depressed ?
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 4:42:56 PM

Neurons: 156,985
Depression Glass
Depression glass is clear or colored translucent glassware that was distributed throughout the US during the Great Depression era of the 1920s and 30s. During that time, the Quaker Oats Company began putting glassware in boxes of food as an incentive to purchase, much like modern cereal box prizes. Movie theaters and businesses sometimes offered pieces simply for coming in the door. Though of marginal quality, Depression glass has become highly collectible. In what colors was it made? More...

... from depression glass to collectors' glass - got into the hands of money worshiping "alchemists" - per aspera ad astra ...
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 5:23:14 PM

Neurons: 37,072
As a child, this is what we ate our meals off of. Only later when plastic came out did my mother change, as my kid sister was a real klutz and I wasn't much better. Also, breaking the dishes was how my older sister and I would get out of doing the dishes every night, after dinner. And who said we were not creative in those early years..... :-( :-)
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 7:42:26 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
PDX1209 wrote:
Maybe they could make the glass ware with Prozac or Zoloft infused in the glass so it won't be so depressed ?

Ha ha! I wouldn't want to drink alcohol out of one of these glasses. Whistle