The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Matt Drudge Breaks the Lewinsky Scandal Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 92,709
Matt Drudge Breaks the Lewinsky Scandal

Matt Drudge is the proprietor of the popular Drudge Report website that gained notoriety for breaking a series of news reports ahead of the mainstream media. He won fame for his coverage of the Monica Lewinsky affair, a scandal that led to the impeachment of US President Bill Clinton. He was inspired to start his news site after becoming privy to insider gossip at CBS studios while working as its gift shop manager. What other odd jobs did Drudge hold before his breakthrough in journalism? More...
diannebf
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:29:27 AM

Neurons: 91,507
Umm.. US President Bill Clinton was not impeached. Although there was talk of it, it never happened. You need better fact checkers Farlex.
ellana
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:13:37 AM

Neurons: 127,313
I think it is a fact that Bill Clinton WAS impeached on two charges, one of perjury and the other, obstruction of justice... however he was later accquitted by the Senate which failed to reach a 2/3 majority vote to remove him from office.

striker
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:07:36 AM

Neurons: 2,240,255
they both know better
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 2:51:27 PM

Neurons: 1,976,791
ellana wrote:
I think it is a fact that Bill Clinton WAS impeached on two charges, one of perjury and the other, obstruction of justice... however he was later acquitted by the Senate which failed to reach a 2/3 majority vote to remove him from office.

It is right, he was acquitted, but impeachment procedure was initiated.
Corner of Josh
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:54:35 PM

Neurons: 37,558
Good old Lewinsky days when the US was actually in surplus. Remember anyone?
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 7:22:02 PM

Neurons: 37,072
Who was more responsible for this extremely stupid charade? More likely then not, the man was wrong, even though the women pushed the "envelope" (pun intended)
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:05:42 PM

Neurons: 156,985
Think If we had more people like Matt Drudge, there would be fewer shameless affairs/sex scandals that drag themselves in work places and elsewhere.
idk
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 5:32:29 PM

Neurons: 5,470
So this happened in 1996? Almost twenty years ago. It seems to me it is about time to let Monica Lewinski alone. She has tried various ventures using her notoriety to pay off legal bills but cannot find a job in her field. Nor has she found the stable relationship she desires. Drudge, a self-professed conservative, on the other hand, owns million dollar properties.

Clinton was stupid for indulging while in office and for not owning up completely immediately instead of trying to use semantics. And so was Lewinsky because of who he was, but a consensual relationship should have been only the business of the parties involved including Hilary. While I do not condone extra marital affairs, all the rigamarole, publicity, enquiries, and attempted impeachment should never have occurred. Politics gone from bad to worse.

JFK is a martyr and his womanizing is just a footnote, as is that of other presidents.

If certain Americans would do what they did to their president, Clinton, imagine what might happen to the average Joe's rights.

NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 10:13:01 PM

Neurons: 2,590,862
idk wrote:
So this happened in 1996? Almost twenty years ago. It seems to me it is about time to let Monica Lewinski alone. She has tried various ventures using her notoriety to pay off legal bills but cannot find a job in her field. Nor has she found the stable relationship she desires. Drudge, a self-professed conservative, on the other hand, owns million dollar properties.

Clinton was stupid for indulging while in office and for not owning up completely immediately instead of trying to use semantics. And so was Lewinsky because of who he was, but a consensual relationship should have been only the business of the parties involved including Hilary. While I do not condone extra marital affairs, all the rigamarole, publicity, enquiries, and attempted impeachment should never have occurred. Politics gone from bad to worse.

JFK is a martyr and his womanizing is just a footnote, as is that of other presidents.

If certain Americans would do what they did to their president, Clinton, imagine what might happen to the average Joe's rights.

I don't follow American news or politics, but this hit the headlines worldwide. I don't understand the issue either: the guy had an extramarital affair, should that be world news? I'm with idk on this one.