mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Writing in another language. Options
pljames
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:03:31 PM

Neurons: 15,207
Can I write a German member a letter in English and transfer the language in German and he does the same written in German, but transferred and sent in English...on this forum? Paul
Jagadeesh Bangalore
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:18:41 PM

Neurons: 633,655

You could perhaps use <translate.google.com> to translate from English to German - or any other major language. Of course, it may not always be the best translation or even 100% correct. But it comes pretty close, and readily available.

Antonia40
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:22:16 AM

Neurons: 576
pljames:
you can send me it via email, i am bilingual- german and english too, i will translate the letters into German and English language.
my email: tokarka73@gmail.com

have a nice day
tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:29:57 AM

Neurons: 53,503
Antonia.

It is not a good idea to give your email address in a public forum. You are likely to receive all sorts of things you don't want. Members of the forum can always send you a private message.
Romany
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:20:02 PM

Neurons: 57,489
Antonia40,

That was a kind and lovely gesture: - to offer to translate Paul's letter.

I have to add my voice to Tuna's and add that it is especially dangerous for females to give out ANY personal information in public. I have just seen that 167 people have read this thread: - that means 167 people have viewed your email address. Only a small percentage of those would be members: others could be from anywhere!

I strongly urge you to CHANGE it now (yes, I know it's a nuisance) - and to contact Paul through the PM (private message) feature on TFD to give him the new address. He'll be so happy to hear from you!
IMcRout
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:41:24 PM

Neurons: 563,379
You can give it a try with a PM to me, but make sure to include the original, English version. The results of computer translations are often too funny.

Edit: I include here the IM translated version of the above text.
Especially the first part is interesting, with the PM becoming the Prime Minister.

Sie können ihm einen Versuch mit einem PREMIERMINISTER zu mir geben, aber sich überzeugen, um das Original, englische Version einzuschließen. Die Ergebnisse von Computerübersetzungen sind häufig zu komisch.