mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
The Curse of the Bambino Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,209
The Curse of the Bambino

According to baseball lore, the Boston Red Sox became cursed after Babe Ruth, the "Bambino," was sold to the New York Yankees in 1920. Before the sale, the Red Sox had won five World Series titles. After the sale, Ruth became a superstar, and the previously lackluster Yankees went on to win 27 World Series titles. The Red Sox, meanwhile, failed to win another series for more than eight decades, finally breaking the "curse" in 2004. How did some Red Sox fans attempt to "reverse the curse"? More...
striker
Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:31:58 AM

Neurons: 5,079,026
we ended it in 2004
Gary98
Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 2:13:26 PM

Neurons: 5,916,381
The curse had been such a part of Boston culture that when a "reverse curve" road sign on Longfellow Bridge over the city's busy Storrow Drive was graffited to read "Reverse The Curse",[6] officials left it in place until after the Red Sox won the 2004 Series.[6]
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:58:26 PM

Neurons: 37,072
Was never very much into the baseball "thing", swimming was more fun and also made a lot more sense, cause when I played as a kid I stood in the out field and just became really bored. While swimming allowed me to work out and years later the sports I enjoyed and continue to this day is skiing in the winter, swimming in the summer and running long distances; still at 75 years plus.