mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Man Picks Stranger for World Trip Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,155
Man Picks Stranger for World Trip

Canadian Jordan Axani plans to begin a trip around the world today with a traveling companion he chose based on an unusual criterion: she has the same name as his ex-girlfriend. Axani scheduled the three-week trip in May with his then-girlfriend. When the two broke up, he decided to avoid the hassle of changing airline tickets booked in her name by putting out a call for anyone with the same name and a valid Canadian passport. Axani said he received thousands of responses, including from many people who offered to legally change their names. He chose a woman after speaking with her on the phone. More...
Joy Frohlich
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:32:34 AM

Neurons: 240,520
Quite bizarre but we hear similar stories all the time. I think it is good that he chose someone who was doing something for the good of homeless people. I notice the story says "she is a homeless shelter volunteer". Is she herself homeless, I think not. It would be better that stated "she is a volunteer at a shelter for the homeless".
striker
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 11:11:56 AM

Neurons: 5,079,026
stupid
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 2:45:02 PM

Neurons: 37,072
Picking a stranger for a trip is an interesting concept, just maybe all of his "non-stranger", FRIENDS WERE TOO BORRING TO SPEND TIME WITH. I have some "friends" like that, so the stranger just maybe a welcome adventure; hope the stranger isn't a serial killer...
John J. Gerhardt
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:07:32 PM

Neurons: 28,595
Should be an interesting trip.
L.Rai
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:16:21 PM

Neurons: 2,035,636
Think I can see maybe a book and then a movie in the future....
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 6:31:12 AM

Neurons: 2,599,403
This sounds completely crazy, yet statistically, there is a lower divorce rate for arranged marriages than 'love match' marriages. It wouldn't surprise me if LRai's prediction of a movie come true. I'm not a romantic, I won't be watching it.
L.Rai
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 8:37:57 PM

Neurons: 2,035,636
NHF:

It's the classic story...boy meets girl, girl dumps boy (after planning expensive trip around the world), boy gets a crazy idea looks for girl with the same name (a good idea if you talk in your sleep), boy finds that girl, boy and new girl embark on long trip, some misadventures to add to the drama...maybe even the original girl appears, and by the end of the story, boy and new girl embark on a new life together, pass the tissues please. Hmmmm, maybe I may even write this one...LOL