mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Use code ... for 50% off ... Options
soox
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 7:23:29 PM

Neurons: 95
It's a difficult article for me.

There are several places where I don't understand it.
Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Free shipping isn't all that hard to come by
Does come by meas bypass? The sentence means Free shipp often occurs.

Target has been doing this for two months.
What does Target refer to?

in today's promotion-heavy marketplace
I don't know what is meant by "promotion-heavy".

And free shipping alone shouldn't make you pull the trigger on any old purchase.
In the context, "pull the trigger on" means click on the purcharch you want to buy with your mouse on the online shops. Am I right?

Briton
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 8:40:27 PM

Neurons: 16,440
Hello Soox,

1. The phrase "hard to come by" means "difficult to get". So the sentence means that Free Shipping is not difficult to get, not necessarily "often occurring".

When it is part of this phrase, don't take "come by" literally. It does not mean to "pass by" here.

2. Target is the name of a large chain of stores (shops).

3.This means that these days, there is a large amount of advertising and selling of products in the financial markets of the world.

4.I am not so familiar with this expression, so maybe others could explain it better. I think, in this sentence it could mean what you say, or be less precise and just mean go ahead with the purchase.

idk
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:51:44 AM

Neurons: 5,470
Hi Soox,

'Pull the trigger' means to 'take decisive action'. In that saying, once you pull a trigger, you can't undo it and stop the bullet'.

They are saying that free shipping alone should not influence you to buy something you neither need nor want, that is to click and buy 'any old purchase'. Take all factors into consideration.

Briton already explained the first three, so if you read them together you should now know that free shipping is becoming more commonplace in online shopping as an enticement to buyers, so make sure you do comparison shopping for your purchases.