mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,932
Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

The Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary was first celebrated by the Greeks in about the 8th century and was not adopted by the Roman Catholic Church until the later Middle Ages; no one is quite sure when this festival was first introduced. As related in the apocryphal Book of James, it commemorates the presentation of the three-year-old Mary in the Temple to consecrate her to the service of God. More...
CheVegas ☁️ ✈ ☁️
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 3:18:51 AM

Neurons: 350,540
Hey, FARLEX Daemon...this is a website for building knowledge, right? There must be more interesting holidays happening in the world than some "feasts" of cultish superstitions.

I know you're based in Ohio, the breadbasket of Bronze Age thinking, but maybe try a little harder.
TB Turtle
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:28:13 AM

Neurons: 4,068,781
Someone just might want to move to Che land. Also known as Cuba.....oh, wait, they have Christians. Guess your out of luck, Christians have a way of springing up everywhere.

Che Guevara the Marxist Racist that adored Lenin and Engels. His God was himself....you sound like Che is yours. Only in America can you be Openly any and everything. The strange Che followers that hate their own country and daydream of blowing it up don't have to hide under rocks like Mr. Guevara. Every state in America has its "breadbasket". You can always try China.....oh...Christians are popping up there more and more too.

It is really quite strange how aggressive and obnoxious people can be about something they Don't believe. I view you as sadly lost wandering around in a tin foil hat. And its Ok with me if that is how you view Christians. The difference between us is I don't Want to hurt your feelings, your body or eliminate your right to feel and speak about Anything. It is very tantrum like, immature how Atheist attempt to bully and silence everyone. It really is no different than watching a three year child spinning around on the floor pitching a major fit. Very sad indeed.

Given the title of this article, why else would you click on something so repulsive to you other than what you deem as Easy pickings for bullying?
monamagda
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 10:32:27 AM

Neurons: 7,758,423

Better than to argue why not enjoy the iconography and religious art that is so beautiful !!

[image not available]

Domenico Ghirlandaio
Presentation of the Virgin at the Temple 1486-90 -
Fresco Cappella Tornabuoni, Santa Maria Novella, Florence

NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 11:05:45 AM

Neurons: 2,599,403
TB Turtle wrote:
Someone just might want to move to Che land. Also known as Cuba.....oh, wait, they have Christians. Guess your out of luck, Christians have a way of springing up everywhere.

Che Guevara the Marxist Racist that adored Lenin and Engels. His God was himself....you sound like Che is yours. Only in America can you be Openly any and everything. The strange Che followers that hate their own country and daydream of blowing it up don't have to hide under rocks like Mr. Guevara. Every state in America has its "breadbasket". You can always try China.....oh...Christians are popping up there more and more too.

It is really quite strange how aggressive and obnoxious people can be about something they Don't believe. I view you as sadly lost wandering around in a tin foil hat. And its Ok with me if that is how you view Christians. The difference between us is I don't Want to hurt your feelings, your body or eliminate your right to feel and speak about Anything. It is very tantrum like, immature how Atheist attempt to bully and silence everyone. It really is no different than watching a three year child spinning around on the floor pitching a major fit. Very sad indeed.

Given the title of this article, why else would you click on something so repulsive to you other than what you deem as Easy pickings for bullying?

You're wondering how aggressive & obnoxious people can be? Reread your own post! All that patronising talk of pity & a foil hat, a three year old throwing a tantrum, & you say the difference between you is that you DON'T want to hurt feelings? Reread your post AGAIN!
I think there's something in your eye, is that a log?
striker
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 11:33:20 AM

Neurons: 5,079,026
not as big as it uses to be
Beam
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 1:47:58 PM

Neurons: 615,902
I agree with monamagda -- let's not argue over beliefs. Let's at least enjoy the artwork.

We rarely believe others have good sense unless they agree with us.
Barnacle Barney Bill
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 2:58:12 PM

Neurons: 117,020
Everyone's belief is an opinion.
L.Rai
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:30:00 PM

Neurons: 2,068,604
Food for thought:

Bashing is easy, learning to co-exist is much harder. If more energy were spent on the latter the former would have no effect.
TB Turtle
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:52:19 PM

Neurons: 4,068,781
Neurotic might want to read the Che post again. Obnoxiously attacking the person who posted the article; "feast of cultish superstitions". Insulted Daemon's, what Che believes to be his state "Ohio, the breadbasket of Bronze Age thinking'. All in a Rant attempting to silence and intimidate Farllex to not post articles that embrace any religion.

Atheist in America are less than One Percent of our population. And yes, they are Obnoxious creatures! They think someday their little tail will wag the dog. It does Not matter if you are Hindu, Buddist, Christian Scientist, Christian, Jew or Muslim in America Every person has a voice. Even evil people who have their weird little Hitler camps in Idaho have a voice in America. Maybe Che and his friends would be happier there than being Outcast in Michigan.

Play back the daily derision on these threads of people of faith.....after you yank that Plank out your eyes. Call me whatever, I won't be silenced. Everyone does have an opinion and these threads are full of them, from around the world. That is why I love this site, I'm not intimated by others beliefs. Are you?