mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Why does America have to be the policeman of the world? Options
pljames
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 7:19:14 AM

Neurons: 15,207
I think I have asked this question before, but my memory does not remember. Why do our people have to die for another countries problems? If the other country cannot or will not fight for there freedom, then that's there problem. America as I understand it has always been slow getting into any war and still is, yet we have always have been the policeman of the world. There will never be peace in this world until judgement day because of peoples beliefs. Paul
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 7:47:35 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
Americans believe USA is the world's policeman. Most other countries look to the UN in this role.
In recent history, the first gulf war, Bush rushed US troops into war before the UN could check for the alleged weapons of mass destruction. There were no weapons of mass destruction. This is one instance when it would have been better to have let the UN handle the situation.
Peace in this world? If we look at the world in the short term, we see civil wars, genocide, & oppression by dictators. If we look in the longer term, we're able to see a reduction in the world casualties from starvation & disease, more people can read & have access to education than was ever dreamed of by the Ancient Greeks.
We're moving forward, even if sometimes it seems to be two steps forward then one step back.
Keep positive Paul. It can be very depressing watching the news. Focus on the long term.
kasparijus
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 7:54:45 AM

Neurons: 174,194
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
Focus on the long term.

In long terms we are all dead.Angel
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 8:39:07 AM

Neurons: 637,111
kasparijus wrote:
NeuroticHellFem wrote:
Focus on the long term.

In long terms we are all dead.Angel

In the long term we are replaced by new life. 'we' are the generations to come
Akram Jameel
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 8:56:51 AM

Neurons: 21,943
I think this is the nature of history, if we could look deep inside history we will discover that, each chapter of history have " an empire"
that control political issues of the world thus spreads it's troops and culture. **** police****
Jadesqr
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 8:58:26 AM

Neurons: 25,255
Hey pljames,
Good question which deserves debate outside the confines of a 'TheFreeDictionary' forum, but just let me say that the USA has not always responded as the 'worlds policeman' as maybe is should have. The atrocities in Africa come to mind, as well as Czechoslovakia and Hungary in my lifetime, maybe not in yours. Along with the 'American dream' comes the responsibility to remember and respond to the affirmation written on the 'Statue of Liberty', '...your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'. Unlike some who expect the UN to live up to their charter, in most if not all cases, civilized people will not wait while others dither.
Neurotic forgets the Persian Gulf War was in response to the unprovoked attack by Saddam Hussein and Iraq into Kuwait, it was the US action that freed Kuwait who had no means to defend itself, how soon we forget. Enough said here, someone please continue.
Jadesqr

PS: Akram deserves the benefit of doubt here. Obviously he refers to 'Saudia Arabia', as " an empire" that control political issues of the world thus spreads it's troops and culture." We in the USA remember well 'September 11', and know where those who attacked us came from and who supported and cheered in the streets. We as well 'hear' those in your ranks who are '...yearning to be free.' We have long arms and long memories as well!

FounDit
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:42:24 AM

Neurons: 69,802
Countries are like people. In any group of people, a leader will eventually be followed by the group; sometimes several at a time will be chosen as someone to follow.

Not all of these will be people worthy of followers, but will try to take the lead because they are the strongest, or meanest of the bunch. As well, there may be some who genuinely want the best for the group.

Just as this is true for any group of people, if a leader steps down, or pulls back from the role, others will step forward to take his or her place. This will always happen.

As the U.S. has been pulled back from its leadership role in the world by our current president, we see Russia and China stepping in to try to take over that position. So it always comes down to who you want to see in the role of the world's policeman — good cop, or bad cop. You're always going to get one or the other...so, choose.
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:49:40 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
Jadesqr wrote:
Hey pljames,
Good question which deserves debate outside the confines of a 'TheFreeDictionary' forum, but just let me say that the USA has not always responded as the 'worlds policeman' as maybe is should have. The atrocities in Africa come to mind, as well as Czechoslovakia and Hungary in my lifetime, maybe not in yours. Along with the 'American dream' comes the responsibility to remember and respond to the affirmation written on the 'Statue of Liberty', '...your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'. Unlike some who expect the UN to live up to their charter, in most if not all cases, civilized people will not wait while others dither.
Neurotic forgets the Persian Gulf War was in response to the unprovoked attack by Saddam Hussein and Iraq into Kuwait, it was the US action that freed Kuwait who had no means to defend itself, how soon we forget. Enough said here, someone please continue.
Jadesqr

PS: Akram deserves the benefit of doubt here. Obviously he refers to 'Saudia Arabia', as " an empire" that control political issues of the world thus spreads it's troops and culture." We in the USA remember well 'September 11', and know where those who attacked us came from and who supported and cheered in the streets. We as well 'hear' those in your ranks who are '...yearning to be free.' We have long arms and long memories as well!

The first Gulf War was more about the liberation of petrol than the liberation of Kuwaitis. Of all the atrocities in Africa, Czechoslovakia, Hungary &c, US didn't get send troops. Nobody's mentioned North Korea.
Please understand that my initial answer was tailored to pljames, who requires simple answers.
MelissaMe
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:58:37 AM

Neurons: 347,528
The United States of America doesn't have to be the world's policeman. It just is.

redgriffin
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 11:28:26 AM

Neurons: 160,127
Paul believe it or not it comes with being a superpower because you have the superpower nation or nations are the ones with the power to do it. It isn't that it I think it is right it is just the way it is and has been for millennium. Oh and NeuroticHellFem in 1995 Bush'41 sent in the troops after the UN agreed that Kuwait should be liberated that was the 1st Gulf War the second was when Bush'43 sent the troops using you scenario.
James Yohanna
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 12:50:03 PM

Neurons: 10
"Police of the world," is in itself a misleading phrase and an excuse to meddle in world's affairs. Some smart fellows threw this phrase into peoples' face and we are stuck with it; it is nothing but a big lie! America has never been the world's police and given the opportunity no other country will volunteer for this job. Being a police means rushing to help others under even the most dire situations when no one else would take a step; it operates out of sheer responsibility to maintain justice and the applicants for this job are tend to be from among individuals with an innate sense of love towards the helpless. It does not evolve around the money-making habit or the need to exercise power and control. Having said all this, can a man really be convinced that America walks a pools of blood around the world out of love towards other? I, of course am not talking about the people of America but its ruling elites who own the banks. American are and always been the first to rush for helping others when there is an earthquake, flood, plaque, famine, and alike, but visiting people by wearing uniform with rifle in hand is not one of them. This ruling elite group is a hungry machine. Hungry for power, money and control; they are full of anxieties and out of the fear of losing it, sleep with one eye open. No, America is not the world's police to help but to maintain its position as an exploiter.
What saddens me, however, is the good-natured Americans who were the first in human history to shed their blood for justice and peace and democracy - we can still see the outcome of abolishing slavery and giving lives to rescue the world in WWII. These ruling elites have discredited Americans around the world, despite being a superpower, American citizens aren't safe to travel anywhere they want; American passport has lost its once powerful and respectable nature. Americans aren't blind and know all I said but themselves being oppressed due to unemployment, lack of housing, healthcare, poor education system, addiction and crime and as a result number one in consuming anti-anxieties and anti-depressants, the people of America are in no mood for being the world's police. In the same breath that I say Alas, I know that hope exists and Americans will overcome their enemies from within, Lord willing, Amen!
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 1:34:29 PM

Neurons: 350,106
pljames wrote:
I think I have asked this question before, but my memory does not remember. Why do our people have to die for another countries problems? If the other country cannot or will not fight for there freedom, then that's there problem. America as I understand it has always been slow getting into any war and still is, yet we have always have been the policeman of the world. There will never be peace in this world until judgement day because of peoples beliefs. Paul

The United States is financed, and therefore controlled (the borrow is servant to the lender and all) by the Debt Money Monopoly. The subjects of the American Debt Money Empire never get to vote on the method of financing their country and the establishment conceals the machinations of this system from the masses.

As such, America’s infrastructure, including its military, operates as a vassal entity to the Debt Money Power that rules over us, albeit, in a covert velvet glove kind of way. They learned from Sun Tzu that “all war is deception” and that the oppressors would do well to oppress a people that didn’t have the wherewithal to comprehend they were being oppressed.

The Debt Money Monopoly is using the US military to further its own interests while spinning their use as “protecting freedom.” Any thoughtful person would know that the government is eliminating freedom, therefore, they can’t be using the military to protect what they, themselves, are actively subverting and destroying.

Most will blow these facts off simply because they aren’t emotionally developed enough to deal with such big picture bad news. Call it self-induced trauma aversion mind control.

Since the Debt Money Monopoly doesn’t reveal their agenda publicly, the reality based community is left observing reality and applying inductive reasoning to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. Some observations I’ve made include:

1. Every country targeted and attacked by the Debt Money Monopoly had its own monetary system which was then taken over by the Debt Money Monopolists and rolled into their system of debt based monetary fraud that systematically assets strips society over time. This includes Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya. Libya’s government was brazenly overthrown by Debt Money Monopoly corporate and nation state front financed al Qaeda… while the people of America were told al Qaeda was the dangerous enemy their own government was providing weapons to them. I think even Eric Blair would be a bit shocked if he were alive today. BTW, this also includes the Ukraine. Their democratically elected government rejected the Euro debt based monetary system, they were then overthrown in a Debt Money Monopoly financed violent coup, and the junta government then fired up a pogrom against the pro democratic peoples who simply wanted their democratic government back in place.
Amazingly, the new Euro junta government just signed on to the debt based Euro monetary system.

2. The Debt Money Monopoly needs drug cultivation ground zero so they can run their half trillion dollar drug running operations throughout the world for financial and political advantage – think Opium Wars 2.0 – and the same class of people managed the Opium Wars and the Opium Wars 2.0. Afghanistan produces 90% of the world’s heroin – a fact that is never revealed when movie stars or Google executives end up dead due to heroin overdose. Afghanistan also produces more marijuana than any other country on the planet. If you think the distribution logistics includes packing this massive amount of drugs worldwide on the back of donkeys then you are one naïve subject. Wachovia was protected from criminal prosecution when they were caught laundering up to $378 billion in drug money and leasing the planes for the Sinaloa drug cartel. They kept the money, tax free, after they were caught. The DEA was busted cutting a deal with the Sinaloa Cartel to import cocaine into America on its way to your child’s playground, too. Oh, and let’s not forget that the government was funneling guns to the Sinaloa Cartel as well. Do you really think the banks can’t track $100s of billions of cash transactions related to drug money laundering? They can, and they do – because they launder the money with a government sanctioned “avoid jail altogether” card. Nick Rockefeller called it a “KMA cad,” as in Kiss My *ss card (Reference, Aaron Russo Reflections and Warnings free on Youtube).

3. The Debt Money Monopoly narrative is that they were “liberating oil,” but that’s factually false. Gas was $1.20 a gallon in the years leading up to the Iraq war. The Debt Money Monopoly actually consolidated control of oil so that people like Saddam could no longer dump oil on the world market and drive down the price. The Debt Money Monopoly wanted to eliminate competition in the oil industry so they could better monopolize the oil industry and triple and quadruple prices they received while actually selling less product. Gas was about $1.00 a gallon during the bubble phase and it often surpasses the $4.00 mark in a Main Street Depression – at least the beginning phases of depression.

4. War generates inextinguishable debt for the host nation. There is no better way to bankrupt a host nation that to promote endless war, a fact not lost on Sun Tzu over 2,000 years ago when he said, “if you must fight a war, end it quickly or you will bankrupt the country.” Eric Blair, aka, George Orwell, also commented in his book 1984 that war is an excellent way to keep the Debt Money Monopoly corporate fronts active in generating profits while denying the citizenry the benefits of their paid labors into the future. Consider the difference between organizing and building a $10 million dollar city level technical center vs. building a $10 million bomb. The former enriches the Debt Money Monopoly corporate fronts (money is debt, so the more money siphoned off by the Debt Money Monopoly financed and controlled corporatocracy is inextinguishable debt to society) without providing ongoing benefits to the subjects of society.

I’m sure there are other reasons. It looks like they are trying to isolate Russia and, perhaps, even China.

The police state is for American subjects. The Debt Money Monopoly is policing the world ahead of the debt money bubble bust presaged by the debt money bubble that is reaching its outer limit.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 1:51:22 PM

James Yohanna wrote:
"Police of the world," is in itself a misleading phrase and an excuse to meddle in world's affairs. Some smart fellows threw this phrase into peoples' face and we are stuck with it; it is nothing but a big lie! America has never been the world's police and given the opportunity no other country will volunteer for this job. Being a police means rushing to help others under even the most dire situations when no one else would take a step; it operates out of sheer responsibility to maintain justice and the applicants for this job are tend to be from among individuals with an innate sense of love towards the helpless. It does not evolve around the money-making habit or the need to exercise power and control. Having said all this, can a man really be convinced that America walks a pools of blood around the world out of love towards other? I, of course am not talking about the people of America but its ruling elites who own the banks. American are and always been the first to rush for helping others when there is an earthquake, flood, plaque, famine, and alike, but visiting people by wearing uniform with rifle in hand is not one of them. This ruling elite group is a hungry machine. Hungry for power, money and control; they are full of anxieties and out of the fear of losing it, sleep with one eye open. No, America is not the world's police to help but to maintain its position as an exploiter.
What saddens me, however, is the good-natured Americans who were the first in human history to shed their blood for justice and peace and democracy - we can still see the outcome of abolishing slavery and giving lives to rescue the world in WWII. These ruling elites have discredited Americans around the world, despite being a superpower, American citizens aren't safe to travel anywhere they want; American passport has lost its once powerful and respectable nature. Americans aren't blind and know all I said but themselves being oppressed due to unemployment, lack of housing, healthcare, poor education system, addiction and crime and as a result number one in consuming anti-anxieties and anti-depressants, the people of America are in no mood for being the world's police. In the same breath that I say Alas, I know that hope exists and Americans will overcome their enemies from within, Lord willing, Amen!

James, welcome. I'm glad to come across someone who, in the words of the movie They Live, “can see.” Have you read (or listened to) The Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto and Tragedy and Hope by Carroll Quigley. If not, make some time as they represent a brilliant “outsider” reverse engineering the Debt Money Monopolist engineered operant conditioning schooling system that underlies the masses of people who put up with this tyranny and an “insider” who scoured the inner documents of the Debt Money Monopoly’s Council on Foreign Relations think tank front laying out far more truth of the world in which we live than you can get pretty much anywhere else.

"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
-- Quote from Caroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope, Chapter 20

You should get the physical books as there is an incentive to censor on the internet.

You can download The Underground History of American Education audio book here (look for zip file – it is a relatively big file):

http://www.unwelcomeguests.net/The_Underground_History_of_American_Education

You can download a PDF version of Tragedy and Hope at archive.org.

Here are some of the more choice quotes directly from a chief Debt Money Monopoly historian and Presidential mentor (praised by name by Bill Clinton).
Milica Boghunovich
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 3:10:21 PM

Neurons: 156,985
"I think I have asked this question before, but my memory does not remember. Why do our people have to die for another countries problems? If the other country cannot or will not fight for there freedom, then that's there problem. America as I understand it has always been slow getting into any war and still is, yet we have always have been the policeman of the world. There will never be peace in this world until judgement day because of peoples beliefs." Paul

Think Any military, and especially American military will fight only for economic interests. Look at Africa, for example, gold mines, diamond mines and other earth resources are the real reasons, not their "care" about other peoples. Look at Iran and Iraq ... the military does the dirty job for the British and the American governments to exploit others' territories for oil and other natural resources.
Nobody has to be too smart to understand that kind of greedy politics.
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 4:41:51 PM

Neurons: 54,261
Milica Boghunovich wrote:
"I think I have asked this question before, but my memory does not remember. Why do our people have to die for another countries problems? If the other country cannot or will not fight for there freedom, then that's there problem. America as I understand it has always been slow getting into any war and still is, yet we have always have been the policeman of the world. There will never be peace in this world until judgement day because of peoples beliefs." Paul

Think Any military, and especially American military will fight only for economic interests. Look at Africa, for example, gold mines, diamond mines and other earth resources are the real reasons, not their "care" about other peoples. Look at Iran and Iraq ... the military does the dirty job for the British and the American governments to exploit others' territories for oil and other natural resources.

Agree

"FounDit" wrote:
As the U.S. has been pulled back from its leadership role in the world by our current president, we see Russia and China stepping in to try to take over that position.

Regarding foreign policy I don't see any difference between George W Bush and Barack Obama , they are the same BS. Bush invaded Iraq and Obama invaded Libya plus fostered the coup in Ukraine.
It's said that Obama has deported more immigrants than Bush
There are many people from around the world in this forum. Have anyone of you seen any goddam difference?
FounDit
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 4:55:55 PM

Milica Boghunovich wrote:

Really? And exactly when was it established, or when was it decreed that the U.S. must "care" for other peoples of the world above our own?

And I can't recall the U.S. ever taking over another country for the purpose of "exploiting" its resources. The U.S. Government, and it's business leaders, negotiate contracts with the leaders of other countries for the purpose of obtaining those resources, often because we had the technology to do so when they did not. Those contracts benefited us as well as them. If someone doesn't like that, they should blame the people in the other Government who made the deal. If the money made didn't make it to the people of that country, that is their responsibility, not ours.

I'm getting really tired of hearing how we shouldn't be the policeman of the world, yet are called upon for aid in every situation, only to be blamed by every wimp for all that afficts them. Grow a pair, or STFU!

My rant of the day.
L.Rai
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 4:57:02 PM

Neurons: 1,867,794
Great questions with no simple answer. Many of us in the US would rather not be "police" let's face it we aren't good about the job we do at home so what makes us any better doing it abroad. However, if we don't step in other countries will and they won't do much better...watch and see.

Oh BTW if you want to understand how things in the world are shaping up..please take the time to see where China has been and what they have been doing for the past two decades in Africa. There is a motive behind their offers of assistance. If you don't understand it feel free to ask me.

________

Aside: TD do you know any short answers that don't include the word Monopoly? Just curious Think
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:13:08 PM

LRai wrote:
Aside: TD do you know any short answers that don't include the word Monopoly? Just curious Think

Ha ha – that’s like asking do I know the answer to 2+2 without using a number. ;-)

Voltaire quipped that you would know who rules over you by the fact you are not able to criticize that group. What better way to make Machiavelli burn with envy than to remain unknown to the masses such that they can’t criticize you simply because they don’t know you exist!

There is a small coterie of private individuals that own and exert authoritarian control over the corporate fronts that define money for society as debt (but not for themselves when it serves their interests, read Chapter 19 of Tragedy and Hope for a more information), issue said debt money into society, and collects interest on the debt money supply they created.

Can you imagine collecting annual interest on the totality of the money supply and the people who pay you don’t even know it?

What name would you use for this private group of individuals that exert total control over the definition and issuance of debt money to government and society if you think have an aversion to Debt Money Monopoly? I can think of no more apt name.

“In our time, the curse is monetary illiteracy, just as inability to read plain print was the curse of earlier centuries.”
~Ezra Pound

"We have suffered more from this cause (debt based paper money) than from every other cause or calamity. It has killed more men, pervaded and corrupted the choicest interests of our country more, and done more injustice than even the arms and artifices of our enemy."
- Daniel Webster

“Mr. Jefferson, who was once regarded as good Democratic authority, seems to have a different opinion from the gentleman who has addressed us on the part of the minority. Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business.”
~William Jennings Bryan, Cross of Gold Speech

"There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960″s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies….but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."
~Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (Council on Foreign Relations chief historian)

"The Money Power Seeks to Create a World System of Financial Control in Private Hands Able to Dominate Every Nation on Earth

In addition to these pragmatic goals, the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank, in the hands of men like Montagu Norman of the Bank of England, Benjamin Strong of the New York Federal Reserve Bank, Charles Rist of the Bank of France, and Hjalmar Schacht of the Reichsbank, sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world.
~Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope, President Clinton mentor (handler?) and Council on Foreign Relations historian.

“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”
—U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 (letter to Col. William F. Elkins)

“Now, my friends, let me come to the great paramount issue. If they ask us here why it is we say more on the money question than we say upon the tariff question, I reply that if protection has slain its thousands the gold standard has slain its tens of thousands. If they ask us why we did not embody all these things in our platform which we believe, we reply to them that when we have restored the money of the Constitution, all other necessary reforms will be possible, and that until that is done there is no reform that can be accomplished.”
~William Jennings Bryan, Cross of Gold Speech

The "invisible government" exists at the behest of the group of people who issue national debt based currencies and collect the interest on the entire global money supply - and it is one group that controls the dollar and the Euro...

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of today.”
~Theodore Roosevelt

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda
L.Rai
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:55:37 PM

Dear TD:

If one of my students gave me the answer you just provided in your last post I would FAIL them. The reason is simple, I'd rather read one original sentence by them then hundreds of cut and pasted words by other people.

That goes back to my original question to you...in a short simple paragraph can you articulate what you believe without relying on the words of other people? I'm just curious. Think
Litvinenko
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:31:34 PM

Neurons: 856
Jadesqr wrote:

The US should have attacked KSA first, not Iraq or Afganistan. Eh?
excaelis
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:32:14 AM

Neurons: 32,652
I guess there's a price to be paid for sucking up such a disproportionate share of the world's resources in the endless search for self-gratification and outrageous consumption. That price is having to protect those resources from everyone else who also want SUV's the size of Spanish galleons. Cynical ? Absolutely. But then most foreign policy is.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:28:12 PM

LRai wrote:
Dear TD:

If one of my students gave me the answer you just provided in your last post I would FAIL them. The reason is simple, I'd rather read one original sentence by them then hundreds of cut and pasted words by other people.

That goes back to my original question to you...in a short simple paragraph can you articulate what you believe without relying on the words of other people? I'm just curious. Think

From the original post...

>>There is a small coterie of private individuals that own and exert authoritarian control over the corporate fronts that define money for society as debt (but not for themselves when it serves their interests, read Chapter 19 of Tragedy and Hope for a more information), issue said debt money into society, and collects interest on the debt money supply they created.

Can you imagine collecting annual interest on the totality of the money supply and the people who pay you don’t even know it?<<

This ill-gotten wealth, through their prima facie fraudulent debt money system* imposed upon a nescient society, is then used to control schooling and the "viable" political parties to further the agenda of this small coterie of people.

The quotes I posted were intended to enlighten you in the context of a broader history, not pass some kind of arbitrary "test." The quotes are quite valuable to comprehending the issue and you would do well make an effort to comprehend their meaning in context.

Systems that are used to covertly control the majority of planet Earth can't be summed up in a headline...

*Debt Based Money Fraud Mechanics…

Private interests lend $20 billion to society (including citizens and government) @ an average 5% interest rate. In one year $21 billion is owed to the private banking cartel due to double entry bookkeeping adjustments that add a $1 billion interest liability to society and a $1 billion interest asset to the private banking cartel.

After one year, society has $20 billion available, but they owe $21 billion and the banking cartel CONTROLS the $1 billion (fully 5% of the society’s monetary wealth after just a single year, let alone 100 years since the Federal Reserve law was passed). Can you spell “special interest of all special interests?” How about "Too Big Too Fail and Jail?"

Now, since you like tests so much – can you pass this applied 5th grade level math test and admit that the monetary system is a Trojan Horse engineered to impoverish society and enrich the debt money producers in both wealth and special interest financed political power?

Word to the wise...
The Underground History of American Education
An Intimate Investigation into the Prison of Modern Schooling, by John Taylor Gatto (2001)
http://www.unwelcomeguests.net/The_Underground_History_of_American_Education

Start with Chapter 18 for solutions. If you've been a good "go along to get along teacher," you've failed your students. If so, it isn't your fault - until you reject the solutions.

If you can’t answer this question correctly – you’ve failed every one of your students…

“What systematic method do you employ to discern that which is real and exists, that which is unreal, and that which is simply unknowable?”

Anything taught without this type of “intellectual self-defense” is built on shifting sand – just the way the Rockfeller Interests engineered it.

Disciplined Minds
A Critical Look at Salaried Professionals and the Soul-battering System That Shapes Their Lives, by Jeff Schmidt (2000)
http://www.unwelcomeguests.net/Disciplined_Minds
early_apex
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:14:14 PM

Neurons: 12,855
Is there a country that exists for some other reason than to look out for their own interests? Just askin'.

The United States invaded Normandy and asked for nothing more than enough land to bury their dead.

Plentiful oil in the middle East has been a factor in many conflicts there, but don't assign the motive of greed to the US for getting involved repeatedly. Stabilization of energy prices helps our economy as well as the world's economy. If it were about greed we would have seized all the oil reserves long ago. Whose technology enabled the production of oil in the middle East to start with?

Years ago there were rumors that the entire reason we went to war in Vietnam was for the oil reserves over there. I never saw any benefit to this country from that conflict.
L.Rai
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:32:47 PM

early_apex wrote:
Is there a country that exists for some other reason than to look out for their own interests? Just askin'.

The United States invaded Normandy and asked for nothing more than enough land to bury their dead.

Plentiful oil in the middle East has been a factor in many conflicts there, but don't assign the motive of greed to the US for getting involved repeatedly. Stabilization of energy prices helps our economy as well as the world's economy. If it were about greed we would have seized all the oil reserves long ago. Whose technology enabled the production of oil in the middle East to start with?

Years ago there were rumors that the entire reason we went to war in Vietnam was for the oil reserves over there. I never saw any benefit to this country from that conflict.

Dear Early Apex:

Kudos! Applause I couldn't have stated it better.

If it were oil we were after in Vietnam, then their economy should have done very well after we left. As it is they are now making a fortune in the coffee bean industry. They are quickly becoming a major exporter of beans. The prices for coffee will rebuild their economy plus it's a renewable sustainable crop.

Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:56:35 PM

Neurons: 39,933
By being the Worlds Policeman it has come at a huge cost and not just in loss of life of servicemen and women but for one country to carry the bulk of the financial burden is unacceptable.

I know the UK, Australia and other countries have been there on most occasions but surely the United Nations should get the occasional bill.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:35:26 AM

Tovarish wrote:
By being the Worlds Policeman it has come at a huge cost and not just in loss of life of servicemen and women but for one country to carry the bulk of the financial burden is unacceptable.

I know the UK, Australia and other countries have been there on most occasions but surely the United Nations should get the occasional bill.

Unfortunately, Tovarish, sending the bill to the U.N. is little different from sending it to the U.S.

U.S. Overpaid UN by Millions
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 5:44:27 AM

Do do wonder at the rubbery figures FD when hearing the UN expects the US to pay huge fees, strange logic.

Then again I have never seen eye to eye with my accountant possibly because he is so short

FounDit
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:37:48 AM

Tovarish wrote:
Do do wonder at the rubbery figures FD when hearing the UN expects the US to pay huge fees, strange logic.

Then again I have never seen eye to eye with my accountant possibly because he is so short

Never really surprised, Tov. It seems our politicians, and the world in general, think we in the U.S. are an inexhaustible supply of money that can be tapped for anything and everything.

This is related to Trivium's postings about the banks increasing our debt beyond our ability to pay it off. Taken to an extreme, it is a way to control, or even crash and destroy, a country.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 10:36:29 AM

Neurons: 230,637
One of the 'lies' in the last eighty years is the formation of the UN as an oversight or control force.

The UN is a discussion forum, that's all.

You can't have a gang in which, if any one of the biggest boys doesn't want to play, no-one plays.

In the UN, if any one of the USA, China, Russia, UK, or France vetoes the action, it does not happen.

Is it any wonder that the UN does nothing?

There is absolutely no necessity for the USA to jump in and act as 'policeman' - the American government likes to do it.

It gives them the chance to control who is in charge in other countries. It's not the American people - they just agree with the government, following the "the USA always does right" teachings that are drummed into them in school.

Some truths about the USA's 'policing'.

The USA backs whoever it wants - sometimes it backs the rebels against legally-formed governments.
- American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen (Osama Bin Laden) in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. - Bin Laden, along with a small group of Islamic militants from Egypt, Pakistan, Lebanon, Syria and Palestinian refugee camps all over the Middle East, became the “reliable” partners of the CIA in its war against Moscow.
- According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the regime in Kabul. - Zbigniew Brzezinski (National Security Adviser during Jimmy Carter's presidency)
- those involved in the decision to give the Afghan rebels access to a fortune in covert funding and top-level combat weaponry have said that they would make the same call again today even knowing what bin Laden would do subsequently. Sen. Orrin Hatch, a senior Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee making those decisions, said, “It was worth it,”.

The USA pays for Jihadi propaganda in Middle East primary schools.
- The United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings ….
The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system’s core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books …. The Washington Post
- The 9/11 Commission report (PDF) released in 2004 said some of Pakistan’s religious schools or madrassas served as “incubators for violent extremism.” Since then, there has been much debate over madrassas and their connection to militancy.
However, new madrassas sprouted, funded and supported by Saudi Arabia and U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, where students were encouraged to join the Afghan resistance. The Council on Foreign Relations

There's obviously more, but these are documented by pro-USA sources, not 'conspiracy theorists'.

This is not a condemnation of the USA - these groups (CIA, NSA, Senators, "The government" in general) are doing what they feel is the right action to protect the USA - the terrorist bomber on the street is better than the Communist under the bed.

Every other country does the same thing - they back those governments which will bring profit to their own country.

That's called 'politics'.
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 5:06:35 PM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:

Every other country does the same thing - they back those governments which will bring profit to their own country.

No, that's called Imperialism and the entire claim is a Tu quoque fallacy: I do it because you will do it if you were in my place. Believe it or not there are people in this world that are not profit motivated (Mother Teresa) not vengeful (Mandela). Those people should be in the ruling positions.

"FounDit" wrote:
The U.S. Government, and it's business leaders, negotiate contracts with the leaders of other countries for the purpose of obtaining those resources, often because we had the technology to do so when they did not. Those contracts benefited us as well as them. If someone doesn't like that, they should blame the people in the other Government who made the deal. If the money made didn't make it to the people of that country, that is their responsibility, not ours.

Well, well if some 70's something guy cheats your naive 14 year old daughter. It's your daughter and yourself to blame. Also maybe you will do it if you were in his position

Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:26:52 PM

Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM wrote:
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

No, that's called Imperialism and the entire claim is a Tu quoque fallacy: I do it because you will do it if you were in my place. Believe it or not there are people in this world that are not profit motivated (Mother Teresa) not vengeful (Mandela). Those people should be in the ruling positions.

"FounDit" wrote:
The U.S. Government, and it's business leaders, negotiate contracts with the leaders of other countries for the purpose of obtaining those resources, often because we had the technology to do so when they did not. Those contracts benefited us as well as them. If someone doesn't like that, they should blame the people in the other Government who made the deal. If the money made didn't make it to the people of that country, that is their responsibility, not ours.

Well, well if some 70's something guy cheats your naive 14 year old daughter. It's your daughter and yourself to blame. Also maybe you will do it if you were in his position

Ni, research Mandela a littler more in depth. He might not be what his marketing represents.

As Hobbes pointed out in Leviathan, we need to first define terms. WHO controls US foreign policy?

Until that is determined, the conversation is terminally limited in what it can accomplish.

I contend it is the financiers of the US that control foreign policy - the borrower being servant to the lender and all.

I also contend they aren't "policing" so much as subjugating the world to their debt money system of Tyranny 2.0.

The following video brilliantly exposes the false reality financed and promoted for Debt Money Monopoly personal gain.

Renaissance 2.0 - Financial Empire - Full Length - Damon Vrabel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96c2wXcNA7A

Iraq - take out oil competition that drove gas prices from just over $1.00 per gallon in a debt bubble cycle to almost $5 per gallon in during the initial phases of the bubble bust cycle. They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Afghanistan - establish world's number heroin and marijuana production facilities from which to operate Opium Wars 2.0 (or 3.0 or 4.0 or who knows...). They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Libya - Create military complex income generating possibilities by using al Qaeda to assassinate a foreign leader and overthrow the country. They also stole billions in Libya's money (controlled by Gadhafi) and put an end to the Gadhafi's development in Africa that included bringing water up from below the desert. They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Ukraine - Ukraine's democratically elected government rejected the Euro debt money system, the government was overthrown by a Western Debt Money Oligarch financed coup that included arming real life Nazis, and now the government not only signed up for the Euro Debt Money system, they systematically bomb the Ukrainians that want the junta government ousted and their democratically elected reinstated. I described exactly what happened - but the Debt Money Monopoly financed media sums up the reality above as the "Putin is attacking the Ukraine" false narrative.

Syria - Next in line to be consumed by the Debt Money Monopoly Borg.

Iran - Next in line to be consumed by the Debt Money Monopoly Borg.

Russia - The Debt Money Monopolists are rattling Russia's cage by financing coups next door (an equivalency would be Russia financing a coup in Mexico). I'm watching this unfold.

China - The Debt Money Monopoly has an agreement with the Chinese authoritarian dictatorship that gave them confidence to move their manufacturing base over to dictator controlled China so they could leverage the slave labor. How deep is this oligarch level relationship? I don't know - but I keep on eye out for important events.

Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:51:35 PM

early_apex wrote:

WHOSE interests does the government represent? Your interests, your neighbor’s interests, or the interests of the people that control the financing of both the country (they only finance their own agenda items) and the political campaigns and media promotion?

early_apex wrote:

This might seem plausible, but it isn’t the whole story. Germany was a serious competitor to the Debt Money Monopoly. Hitler took a down and out country and turned them into a manufacturing marvel – primarily through the issuance of sovereign, debt free money. Now German is tied down under the yoke of Debt Money Tyranny like everyone else. This is not to promote a thug like Hitler. It is merely to point out that the Hitler Thug was a competitor to the Debt Money Monopoly Thugs and the latter used Western blood and money to overthrow and subdue their competition. In addition, the amount of debt generated by the banks is startling. Banks create debt, that is their “product.” The more debt they sell, the better their business – and war sells debt!

Search out and read up on “War is a Racket” by Major General Smedley Butler – the highest decorated Marine in US history at one point in time.

The Debt Money Monopoly coterie also owns and profits from the military complex. Billions were made off WWII – and if you research thoroughly you will find out that, among other traitorous actions, a subsidiary of Debt Money Monopolist Rockefeller owned Standard Oil was providing Germany with the fuel (or an additive) required to keep German planes in the air to bomb Britain!

Most nescient military men and women did their duty out of good conscience, but they were merely unwitting actors in someone else’s script… a script that included debasing Germany so badly after WWI that they were effectively excised from the world community – by the Debt Money Monopoly operatives.

early_apex wrote:
Plentiful oil in the middle East has been a factor in many conflicts there, but don't assign the motive of greed to the US for getting involved repeatedly. Stabilization of energy prices helps our economy as well as the world's economy.

Why do you think $1.20 a gallon previous to Iraq invasion and $4.00 per gallon oil after the invasion represents a “stabilization of prices?” The Debt Money Monopoly used US blood and treasure to eliminate their competition so they could quadruple their profits… not including the military complex $100s of billions they pocketed as well.

Again, this is the oligarchy at work, not the “boots on the ground” soldier. They really think they are protecting freedom while the politicians back home finance al Qaeda and eliminate our freedoms. The NDAA illegally claims that the President can assassinate anyone he deems a “terrorist” without public oversight. That is tyranny, not freedom.

early_apex wrote:
If it were about greed we would have seized all the oil reserves long ago. Whose technology enabled the production of oil in the middle East to start with?

The Debt Money Monopoly. You seem to conflate their assets with your own. They are very different. If you go bankrupt, they seize all your assets. If they go bankrupt, they seize your assets through “bailouts.” When you drive with cash in your car, the police seize it. When they get caught laundering up to $376 billion in drug money, the government protects them prosecution and allows them to keep the money – TAX FREE! You don’t have that kind of clout, but the financiers of government do.

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs

early_apex wrote:

But the oligarchs did. They made billions, they indebted society to billions and they took a country outside the Debt Money Tyranny system and put it under the Debt Money Tyranny system – now the Debt Money Monopoly collects interest on their entire money supply… cha-ching!
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:34:24 PM

Trivium_Discipulus wrote:
contend it is the financiers of the US that control foreign policy - the borrower being servant to the lender and all.

Yes, but that doesn't point out any solution. This Debt Money Monopoly seems like a group of guys lurking in the shadows plotting how to seize all countries. Who are and how many are they exactly? We don't know. Even if we get our hands on them, what do we charge them for? Being greedy? Lending money? The first is a sin with no legal implications. The second is not a crime.

It's not their goals but their methods we can can hinder. They need politicians to invade countries. Politicians are the points where their plans can fail. What happens when the borrower is not servant to the lender?

I know an example in Latin America, but there must be many more around the world: in 2003 Argentina was deeply indebted to the IMF, who asked for cuts to social expending to lend them more money (same in Greece and Spain more recently). But President Nestor Kirchner took a stand and said "no, I won't pay you now, and I won't sacrifice my people. I won't take any advice from you. I don't want anything from you from now on".

Oligarchs are nothing without their puppet politicians: Cameron, Stephen Harper, Rajoy, Angela Merkel. That's why West Oligarchs fear Vladimir Putin, he have not just the balls to say: no, but the military force to say no, if needed

Iraq - take out oil competition that drove gas prices from just over $1.00 per gallon in a debt bubble cycle to almost $5 per gallon in during the initial phases of the bubble bust cycle. They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Afghanistan - establish world's number heroin and marijuana production facilities from which to operate Opium Wars 2.0 (or 3.0 or 4.0 or who knows...). They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Libya - Create military complex income generating possibilities by using al Qaeda to assassinate a foreign leader and overthrow the country. They also stole billions in Libya's money (controlled by Gadhafi) and put an end to the Gadhafi's development in Africa that included bringing water up from below the desert. They also imposed their Debt Money Tyranny system to begin systematically asset stripping and impoverishing the people of Afghanistan while covertly siphoning off the wealth for themselves.

Ukraine - Ukraine's democratically elected government rejected the Euro debt money system, the government was overthrown by a Western Debt Money Oligarch financed coup that included arming real life Nazis, and now the government not only signed up for the Euro Debt Money system, they systematically bomb the Ukrainians that want the junta government ousted and their democratically elected reinstated. I described exactly what happened - but the Debt Money Monopoly financed media sums up the reality above as the "Putin is attacking the Ukraine" false narrative.

Russia - The Debt Money Monopolists are rattling Russia's cage by financing coups next door (an equivalency would be Russia financing a coup in Mexico). I'm watching this unfold.

China - The Debt Money Monopoly has an agreement with the Chinese authoritarian dictatorship that gave them confidence to move their manufacturing base over to dictator controlled China so they could leverage the slave labor. How deep is this oligarch level relationship? I don't know - but I keep on eye out for important events.

You go great lengths describing how and where this Debt Money Monopoly will strike in the same way an astronomer describes how stars are born and die. But they can't do nothing to alter the course of the events
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:26:46 AM

I have visions of 'lending countries' repossessing other countries that default on debt, cant pay the mortgage this month?,

OK I'll have this state and that state.
excaelis
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 2:52:17 AM

Neurons: 32,652
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM wrote:
contend it is the financiers of the US that control foreign policy - the borrower being servant to the lender and all.

Yes, but that doesn't point out any solution. This Debt Money Monopoly seems like a group of guys lurking in the shadows plotting how to seize all countries. Who are and how many are they exactly? We don't know. Even if we get our hands on them, what do we charge them for? Being greedy? Lending money? The first is a sin with no legal implications. The second is not a crime.

It's not their goals but their methods we can can hinder. They need politicians to invade countries. Politicians are the points where their plans can fail. What happens when the borrower is not servant to the lender?

I know an example in Latin America, but there must be many more around the world: in 2003 Argentina was deeply indebted to the IMF, who asked for cuts to social expending to lend them more money (same in Greece and Spain more recently). But President Nestor Kirchner took a stand and said "no, I won't pay you now, and I won't sacrifice my people. I won't take any advice from you. I don't want anything from you from now on".

Oligarchs are nothing without their puppet politicians: Cameron, Stephen Harper, Rajoy, Angela Merkel. That's why West Oligarchs fear Vladimir Putin, he have not just the balls to say: no, but the military force to say no, if needed

You go great lengths describing how and where this Debt Money Monopoly will strike in the same way an astronomer describes how stars are born and die. But they can't do nothing to alter the course of the events

How's Argentina doing ?