mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
This Just In, From: The United Police State of America - business as usual Options
Absurdicuss
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:37:00 PM

Neurons: 30,654

More routine American police behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5z0IEwxtj4
fireflame
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:07:30 PM

Neurons: 4,134
That was weird.
Robin Herbert
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 12:15:40 AM

Neurons: 104,868
This just came in:From the United Police of the States of America
excaelis
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:27:32 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Canadian police officers are generally less obnoxious, which is a good thing for a mouthy get like myself. It probably helps that I'm a) not young and b) not black.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 9:15:39 PM

Neurons: 230,733

Interesting, though, that it was a black cop and black youth, white cop and white youth.

Didn't really understand the second one, though. I always make eye-contact with people as I pass by, and often acknowledge policemen with a nod or "Morning!"

In my view, someone who can't make eye contact has a guilty conscience or something.
excaelis
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 9:43:01 PM

Many officers regard a perceived inferior making sustained eye contact as a challenge.
Absurdicuss
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 9:51:44 PM

Canines regard direct eye contact in the same manner. Could it be a new psych profile template for new cadets?

here's a brief article by right winger Chuck Baldwin, from whom I obtained the reports:

://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/149aa2be3c31ae92
Articulate Dreamer
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 11:27:02 PM

Neurons: 98,120
Abs, That was horrid but not shocking.

This sort of verbal brutality is very common here in India.
In fact we often get examples of worse: Physical attacks by cops if you so much as question them even in a civilized manner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGwouBrgans

A scooterist dared to ask the traffic cop why he alone was being fined for an offense others too had visibly committed right there.

Policing is a stressful job and takes its toll on us, the populace. But explanations of course do not amount to justification.
thar
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:46:12 AM

Neurons: 93,553
People complain, but what are they doing about it? Are they becoming policemen? Volunteer policemen in their spare time? Are they standing for the local council, the police advisory/civilian committee?
Are they making friends with their local police, signifying they have a common purpose, to keep people safe? I am not trying to sound naive here, just to put an alternative viewpoint. There are countries where one group, race, religion or ideology acts as an occupying force, subjugating others. There are other countries which do have mechanisms of democracy and inclusive recruitment, however flawed - and what do they do? Expect other people to look after the tough stuff, the crime and the public safety and the democratic oversight. Piss it away and then complain about the results.
People get the country they can be bothered to build.

(edit - 'people' is not aimed at you guys, just the population in general).
Absurdicuss
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 6:47:36 AM

Point well taken thar, and speaks to the heart of why I continue these posts...to wake up Americans!

Abraham Lincoln said - the power to govern, rests ultimately with "the people". (paraphrased)

It is imperative that the citizenry wake up and realize that in order for governance of the many by the few to work it must be continually scrutinized and held accountable by the many.

I am a member of the South Carolina Sheriffs Association. I befriend cops, and on when I am compelled to interact with them - traffic violation - politeness and respect are my M.O.

To be fair, I have never been mistreated by an officer of the law.

AD - Yeah, that's a bad rap on the assaulting officer. Good thing he wasn't armed. I'm thinking that scenario in the USA would involve a baton beating gang of police in military style garb, tazing and lots of blood.

excaelis
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 12:24:17 AM

My interactions with the constabulary have been very calm. But then I'm very white and respectable.