mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
A Conscientious Spouse Can Help You Get Ahead Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,932
A Conscientious Spouse Can Help You Get Ahead

Who you marry may influence the trajectory of your career. Previous studies have found that home life can influence work life, and new research shows that a spouse's personality could play a role in on-the-job success. Workers whose spouses are conscientiousness and help foster a satisfying home life score highest on measures of job success like job satisfaction, likelihood of promotion, and salary increases. More...
Corner of Josh
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 3:00:02 AM

Neurons: 37,558
I would have told you this without any studies.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:10:41 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Wisdom of Josh wrote:
I would have told you this without any studies.

Exactly!

Everyone knows that a woman's first job is to her husband and family.

It is absolutely true that a woman has often been behind every great man.

And almost all good children have good parents.

We have a lot of brats running around because they usually do not have good parents.

IMcRout
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:05:25 AM

Neurons: 563,379
Si tacuisses, James.

Please don't start again. It's really becoming old.
Stick to the grammar and vocabulary threads where your knowledge is respected and accepted.
Here it is not. Not in 2014.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:43:10 AM

Hello, IMcRout:

I am replying because I have long respected you.

I did not post the topic.

I agreed that a "conscientious spouse can help you get ahead."

So what does that have to do with 2014 or 1960 or 2050?

Please do not be like certain other individuals who want to ban anyone who does not hold their views. This is a forum of DIFFERENT opinions.

In theory, at least, this world WOULD be a better place if the husband worked and the wife took care of the home. Even I realize that "in 2014," economic and social conditions make such an ideal situation most unlikely. And that is one reason why many kids are running wild.

There ARE some young ladies who WANT to be homemakers. But social pressure forces them to feel ashamed that they are not working. So they go out and compete -- even though they do not REALLY want to. Is that right?

You have a right to your opinion.

So do I.

This forum is NOT entitled the "Politically Correct Forum." When I started posting in the sub-forums last year, it was a closed club where everyone with similar views simply slapped one another on the back and repeated the same old politically correct views.

There are now many new members. I think that they are astonished that you feel that you have the right to tell me which forums in which I may post and which forums I may not post in.

IMcRout
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 11:19:13 AM

Neurons: 563,379
Dear Parser, you did not write
Quote:
I agreed that a "conscientious spouse can help you get ahead."
you wrote
Quote:
"Everyone knows that a woman's first job is to her husband and family.
It is absolutely true that a woman has often been behind every great man."

If you read the article again without your gender-biased glasses, you will notice that the word 'spouse' - not only in that article but also in real life - relates to both husbands and wives, it is not restricted to women.

Your reaction, for me, shows a world view, which I consider obsolete in the year 2014.

Of course you have a right to your opinion. I have no problems when either women or men decide to be homemakers, but that is not the point here, as I mentioned above.

But I have the right to consider your opinion not only as old-fashioned, but also as macho, and say so.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:21:15 PM

IMcRout wrote:
[1] you will notice that the word 'spouse' - not only in that article but also in real life - relates to both husbands and wives, it is not restricted to women.

[2] Of course you have a right to your opinion.

[3] But I have the right to consider your opinion not only as old-fashioned, but also as macho, and say so.

[1] You are right. So I guess that we can say that Mr. Clinton will be the spouse who helps President Hillary Clinton in 2016.

[2] Thank you. In your post, you had ordered me not to post in the sub-forums because my views were not respected or accepted.

Respected by whom?
Accepted by whom?

You might be shocked by the number of (silent) members and guests who agree with some of my views but who are afraid to participate in these discussions after seeing the abuse that has been heaped on me. It has been so blatant that at least two decent members have told two individuals to stop picking on the old man!

[3] Well, of course, you do. You can say that my views are old-fashioned, macho, stupid, crazy, etc.

That is my point: you have a right to say whatever you want.

And I have the right to post my "old-fashioned" views, which I deeply believe in and which I am confident will return in some form or another down the road.

In one thread, idk made a brilliant suggestion: Ignore me! Then, he said, I would fade away.

striker
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:52:56 PM

Neurons: 5,079,026
a good strong women behind men it a great combination
Gary98
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 2:13:14 PM

Neurons: 5,972,038
a Chinese proverb says: "a harmonious family is a prosperous family"
TB Turtle
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:23:49 PM

Neurons: 4,068,781
The three A's are important in any relationship; affection, attention and affirmation. The recipe requires all three ingredients. Think of your most beloved pet and treat your spouse with that same level of patience, attention, affection and it will change your life.