The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Hospital Garb Could Be Your Own Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 92,439
Hospital Garb Could Be Your Own

Traditional hospital gowns have been the butt of many a joke, but for those who have to don them, they are no laughing matter. Being hospitalized can rob a person of much of his dignity, and while aspects of this are unavoidable, hospital apparel does not have to be one of them. In many cases, researchers say, it is clinically reasonable for patients to wear their own clothing, or at least pants underneath their open-backed gowns, but few take advantage of this because most are unaware that it is an option. More...
NeuroticHellFem
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 1:40:29 AM

Neurons: 2,590,862
My first stay in hospital was unexpected, I was in a car accident. They kept me in for 'observation', ie to give everyone a chance of observing my arse. I had the brains to ask for a second gown, which I wore with the opening at the front, like a dressing gown. The nurses shook their heads in amazement that I could devise such a brilliant idea.
My second stay in hospital was a booked appointment. I took my own pyjama pants AND a dressing gown. It amazed me that I was the only one to do so. I watched the woman in the bed next to me clutch her gown in the rear every time she sidled down the aisle. The old may opposite me with his pronounced stoop had his arse poking well out of the back of his gown. It was untied too, so I was in constant fear that it would slide right off him.
If you go into hospital for 'observation', have the dignity & consideration not to give everyone an awful eyeful.
MechPebbles
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 2:10:41 AM

Neurons: 226,313
Triviality.
moniquester
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:10:02 AM

Neurons: 87,227
I've always taken my own pajamas and dressing gown into hospital unless it was an emergency admission. Then I had family bring me the articles of clothing I requested, and changed as soon as feasible. I absolutely detest those open-backed let-the-whole-world-see-your-rear-end niteys that hospitals are so fond of providing!!!
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:50:52 AM

Neurons: 22,062
I only wish that nurses would dress like nurses.

Here in the United States, it is a rare nurse who wears a nurse's uniform.

Most nurses dress in street clothes.

And doctors should dress like doctors.

The lowering of standards has, no doubt, contributed to the general bad behavior of so many individuals in real life -- and on the Internet.
Pieter_Hove
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:04:59 AM

Neurons: 694,086
Funny. Oh, how vulnerable and strong we all are.
Tyrome Homes
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:24:06 PM

Neurons: 3
Hospitals are never fun, the needles, the constant beeping of machines And showing your goods to everyone.. But then again I'm lucky to afford to go to one now. Use to have a bunch of health issues. Between my bills and cost of daily living I just couldn't afford health insurance. So I just kept getting sicker. Till I found out how to make more cash from home. . All I do is take surveys for market research. I honestly didn't have much hope for it to work out.. or that it would be a scam and I'd have to cancel my creditcard.. but I was desperate willing to try anything! Then I found this site "smarthomejob .biz" Anyone else every use it? Anyways back to point, once I got good health insurance (real insurance not that obamacare crap) I was so relieved. I don't mind being the butt of someone's joke especially if it means me getting better. I Mean an ass in an ass no matter how big or small. It still has a crack in it, you still go to the bathroom like everyone else.
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:32:16 PM

Neurons: 37,072
I have had the experiences of this ordeal from 1959 to the present, as I have been "cut-on" 23 times and though many were local in area, I was required to strip and walk about with my ass hanging out. But those early days were in the military where in the men's-room (pun intended) was a row of commode's without partitions. While the urinal's were, at times just a troth. In Red Lodge Montana, at the bar "the swinging doors", I was a ski bum in Montana 1962-'63, there was a troth with running water going through it, which replaced the foot railing found in other bars. Though it was originally designed as a spittoon for the cowboys, towards the end on an evening of partying it usually became the opportunistic urinal for some.
striker
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:43:27 PM

Neurons: 2,240,255
being sick is not styling