mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those... Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,540
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.

Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804)
moniquester
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:54:58 AM

Neurons: 87,227
Yeah.... It's true.....
Karthikeyan Ganesan
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:01:40 AM

Neurons: 475,088
It's true. Many a times people go by who says what than seeing what is being said!!
MechPebbles
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:56:05 AM

Neurons: 226,313
I'm now reading Trollope's Phineas Redux and this quote makes a great commentary.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:15:08 AM

Neurons: 32,652
It is not enough that I succeed ; My friends must also fail. ( DeSade ?)
Bully_rus
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:22:42 AM

Neurons: 332,932
Daemon wrote:
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.

Men are very strong creatures and can get used to very harsh and even inhumane conditions... You must be patient and of good faith too.
Dilip Singh 2
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:51:08 AM

Neurons: 1,698
If this is true, then how to understand the psychology when children says i donit like a particular food or fruits.
walirlan
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:30:41 AM

Neurons: 253,078
These words are close to the truth!
Vit Babenco
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:55:27 AM

Neurons: 559,249
Oftener than not people oppose new things out of conformity and inertia.
TB Turtle
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:42:42 AM

Neurons: 4,068,781
I concur. Alex was a very smart man....well, until he fired his pistol in the air instead of at his target. However, he was a true gentlemen to the end.
Tomahawk71
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:18:23 AM

Neurons: 123,003
It's not a universal truth.
Ozolinsh V.
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:22:24 AM

Neurons: 136,914
Pinpoint accuracy, precisely about me.
Lestibournes
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:14:50 AM

Neurons: 30,664
Infact my sister-in-law dislike everything I planned just because "I" planned it.
It's sometimes frustrating.
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:20:15 AM

Neurons: 6,737,816
The quote in context :

From, Federalist No. 70 -The Executive Department Further Considered From the New York Packet Tuesday, March 18, 1788.
To the People of the State of New York:

"Men often oppose a thing, merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike. But if they have been consulted, and have happened to disapprove, opposition then becomes, in their estimation, an indispensable duty of self-love. They seem to think themselves bound in honor, and by all the motives of personal infallibility, to defeat the success of what has been resolved upon contrary to their sentiments. Men of upright, benevolent tempers have too many opportunities of remarking, with horror, to what desperate lengths this disposition is sometimes carried, and how often the great interests of society are sacrificed to the vanity, to the conceit, and to the obstinacy of individuals, who have credit enough to make their passions and their caprices interesting to mankind. Perhaps the question now before the public may, in its consequences, afford melancholy proofs of the effects of this despicable frailty, or rather detestable vice, in the human character."

The essay here :http://thomas.loc.gov/home/histdox/fed_70-2.html

Federalist No. 70, titled “The Executive Department Further Considered,” is an essay written by Alexander Hamilton arguing for the unitary executive provided for in the United States Constitution.It was originally published on March 15, 1788 in The New York Packet under the pseudonym Publius as part of the Federalist Papers and as the fourth in Hamilton’s series of eleven essays discussing executive power.[

Hamilton argues that unity in the executive branch is a main ingredient for both energy and safety.[2][7][8] Energy arises from the proceedings of a single person, characterized by, "decision, activity, secrecy, and dispatch," while safety arises from the unitary executive’s unconcealed accountability to the people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._70
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:50:14 AM

Neurons: 350,106
Daemon wrote:

Or because the governing establishment hasn't stamped the idea with its approval.

In short, people lack intellectual self-defense and the confidence to trust in it when the special interests within society promote counter arguments - even when the establishment false narrative is devoid of data and logic.

Debt based monetary systems are predatory frauds. Period.

The special interests that finance government and politicians never talk about it, so the average person is unable to apply 5th grade math to prove the prima facie fraud.

If I, the private banking cartel, lend $20 billion to government and society @ 5% interest, in one year government and society owes me $21 billion due to double entry bookkeeping that adds a $1 billion interest expense to society's and government's balance sheet and a $1 billion interest asset to my private banking cartel balance sheet.

After one year - government and society has been given $20 billion, they owe $21 billion to me AND I CONTROL THE ONLY $1 BILLION AVAILABLE THAT ENABLES GOVERNMENT AND SOCIETY TO AVOID DEFAULT AND LOSS OF PHYSICAL COLLATERAL USED TO GET THE LOAN (HOUSES, BUSINESSES, YELLOWSTONE PARK, PUBLIC ROADS, WATER COMPANIES, ELECTRIC COMPANIES, FARM LAND, ETC...).

BTW, Ukrainian People, THIS IS THE EXACT SCAM BEING USED ON YOU WHEN THE PRIVATE BANKS ARE LENDING YOU MONEY.

But it gets better, THE LOANS ARE GUARANTEED BY THE US GOVERNMENT, SO WHEN UKRAINE CAN'T PAY, THEY WILL COME TO BANKRUPT AMERICA AND SEIZE AMERICA'S COLLATERAL BECAUSE WE CAN'T PAY THE FRAUDULENT DEBT, EITHER.

Mini and not so mini debt crashes occur all the time. mini debt bubbles and debt busts occur all the time - so often the Banksters created a euphemism engineered to dupe the masses... "the business cycle." -lol-

Try "the fraudulent debt money cycle."

But the Big Kahuna is coming at some point in the future. This exponential debt function will collapse, just as all previous exponential debt functions have collapsed before it...

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt.”
~Henry Ford

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
~Napoleon

"If all the bank loans were paid, no one could have a bank deposit, and there would not be a dollar of coin or currency in circulation. This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the commercial Banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the Banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible, but there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon.
~Robert Hemphill (Credit Manager of Federal Reserve Bank, Atlanta, Ga.)

They don't teach you these doses of REALITY in Debt Money Monopoly engineered operant conditioning schooling!!!
S. Miranda-Hess
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:15:12 PM

Neurons: 42,315
I also concur. In addition, going against a plan just because you dislike the person who planned it can be just as bad as going with a plan just because you like the person who planned it. The quality of a plan does not rely on how well you like the person who planned it.
beefsteak101
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:01:22 PM

Neurons: 50
And note, sadly, how Mr. Hamilton includes the word "often" in his statement. I agree wholeheartedly. And strangely, at least in the USA, we value the concept of "team" and "collaboration". Imagine our plight if we actually followed this intent with action.
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:21:22 PM

Neurons: 37,072
If any of you observe politics in U.S. this quote is totally apropos for the Republican party; they just can't handle that a Blackman is their president. What a "bunch" of really sick & childish bastards.
nkelsey
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:39:58 PM

Neurons: 192,145
Applause
Verbatim
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:56:06 PM

Neurons: 248,592
Daemon wrote:

... planned by those whom they dislike from behind party lines, in particular, let it fail even if it brings the country down.
PiTi
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:13:18 PM

Neurons: 1,674
Hamilton can be referring to anything since I'm not sure regarding the context of this remark; however, if this quote is related to the 1st Bank of the United States specifically or central banking/bankers generally it is no wonder that he uttered it. Hamilton was THEE arch Federalist and is the single "founding father" most responsible for advocating and installing foreign, i.e. European, banking interests at the inception of our once great republic. Private banking interests (today manifested in the Federal Reserve, a private banking corporation) have laid low both our economy and civil liberties as originally adumbrated in the U.S. Constitution. May he, and the likes of him, burn forever in Hell!

Here is some information. Educate yourselves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeIM-4hJO44
Verbatim
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 7:26:18 PM

Neurons: 248,592
Daemon wrote:

The context for the quotation has been provided with ample enough explanation of the essence of Federalist No. 70, just a few posts above.

The quotation holds true in more than one way, Hamilton obviously having been mostly concerned with "how often the great interests of society are sacrificed to the vanity, to the conceit, and to the obstinacy of individuals...(and) the effects of this despicable frailty, or rather detestable vice, in the human character."

He was addressing the issue of a strong national unitary power, which he supported, to be included in the American Constitution under debate at the Constitutional Convention, 1787.

The great interests of the society are still sacrificed on the altar of party ideology dictated by the vanity of politicians and their supporters alike.