mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Leo Frank Lynched (1915) Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,236
Leo Frank Lynched (1915)

Frank was a Jewish-American factory manager accused of murdering his employee, 13-year-old Mary Phagan, in 1913. Frank was convicted, but when Governor John M. Slaton examined evidence that had not been presented at the trial, he commuted Frank's death sentence. In the public outrage that followed, a group with ties to the Ku Klux Klan kidnapped and lynched Frank. The highly publicized ordeal turned the spotlight on anti-Semitism in the US. Frank's trial led to the founding of what organization? More...
walirlan
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:49:51 AM

Neurons: 253,078
walirlan
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:51:14 AM

Neurons: 253,078
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:43:01 AM

Neurons: 22,062
The pendulum always swings to the far right or to the far left.

In those days (1915), it was to the far right. So horrific things like lynchings regularly occurred in the United States.

Today (2014), it is to the far left. There is no more capital punishment for murderers in the United States. Here in California, there are about 800 individuals waiting to be executed, but everyone knows that it will never happen.

A few states still have capital punishment, but the number is becoming smaller. Recently, an individual was put to death and it seems that he may have suffered for a few minutes. The liberals / progressives / left-wingers were all up in arms about the "poor man's suffering." No one said anything about the suffering of the victim and his family.
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:26:55 PM

Neurons: 7,576,446
Ku Klux Klan

In November, 1915, William Joseph Simmons invited some of the men who hung Leo Frank to a meeting he was organizing. Because the death of Leo Frank was still vivid in the minds of Georgians, he felt these men would be important to the success of the organization. On a cool Thanksgiving evening Simmons, some of the Knights of Mary Phagan, along with a number of other men (34 in all) burned a cross and read from the bible atop Stone Mountain, east of Atlanta. Simmons then declared the founding of the Knights of the.

http://www.aboutnorthgeorgia.com/ang/Little_Secrets
Anatolian
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:03:00 PM

Neurons: 79,198
TheParser wrote:
The pendulum always swings to the far right or to the far left.

In those days (1915), it was to the far right. So horrific things like lynchings regularly occurred in the United States.

Today (2014), it is to the far left. There is no more capital punishment for murderers in the United States. Here in California, there are about 800 individuals waiting to be executed, but everyone knows that it will never happen.

A few states still have capital punishment, but the number is becoming smaller. Recently, an individual was put to death and it seems that he may have suffered for a few minutes. The liberals / progressives / left-wingers were all up in arms about the "poor man's suffering." No one said anything about the suffering of the victim and his family.

I think that capital punishment is no more scientifically reasonable than the white supremacy claims of the Ku Klux Klan.
nkelsey
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:23:15 PM

Neurons: 192,145
"Wrongly accused. Falsely convicted. Wantonly murdered."
Pieter_Hove
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:10:18 PM

Neurons: 805,365
Why is it that some people want to prosecute minority groups in society? Leo Frank was a fine man to my belief. Handsome and prosperous. Jealousy is a bad thing. The Leo Frank case makes me think of the way Sam Cooke (the entertainer en entrepreneur) died.
Vicki Holzknecht
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 10:08:30 PM

Neurons: 61,514
I don't know why but I enjoyed this article a lot, probably because I'm not far from Marietta, GA.
TheParser
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 7:34:43 AM

Anatolian wrote:

I think that capital punishment is no more scientifically reasonable than the white supremacy claims of the Ku Klux Klan.

Here in Los Angeles the other day, a young man was walking down the street with his skateboard.

Three "human beings" came up to him and demanded his skateboard.

He refused.

They knifed him to death.

I think that it would very scientific if the family of that young man could knife to death those three "human beings."
TheParser
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 7:42:28 AM

Flam boyant wrote:
Why is it that some people want to prosecute minority groups in society?

I have lived in the United States for 77 years.

I can assure you that in 2014, no one wants to persecute minority groups.

Minority groups are actually becoming the majority.

When you read about unpleasant incidents between various groups in this country, it has nothing to do with "persecution."

It usually has to do with very bad behavior on the part of various individuals.

Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 8:34:12 PM

Neurons: 37,072
Why shouldn't we begin to seriously consider, that the crimes of the parents be past on to the children? In so doing the children will be held responsible for those acts and/or deeds that the parents committed and would be required to paid for those acts. I do believe that if this were to occur,e6m1wn there would be less criminal acts committed by the parents. In other words, lynch those that lynched, or at the very least, life imprisonment.