mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move. Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 95,541
Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.

Sun Tzu (544 BC-496 BC)
pi
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 8:57:46 AM

Neurons: 263
and I would have like to share more information related to this quote but they are all classified.
MarySM
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 9:24:18 AM

Neurons: 6,084
Old proverb: To him that you tell your secret you resign your liberty.
susanstar1234
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 9:32:32 AM

Neurons: 230
Boo hoo! in secret or not, 8 people don't belong together. What is essential here is that between women and men, and maybe the best place for a person is where they "position" themselves. Now, all of us are not military and not all of us equate the sergeant with the troops. Wave the flag, and then say "me, me, me, me, me".
erich
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:25:12 AM

Neurons: 3
Boo hoo! secret operations are essential in all criminal activity, nothing revealing here, as war is the consumate absurdly insane criminal activity ever inacted
tgabriel11
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 8:20:32 AM

Neurons: 36
I feel that this can be taken two ways. One goes along with what erich has said. That is, most wars have an alternative (or secret) motive that the armies are not told of, but are in fact working towards. The other is that with out secret operations there can not be a victory. If the opposing side knows what is coming they can easily defend it. One can not tell a whole army of plans, so a select few know the secrets while the rest follow.
LadyRose
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:22:35 AM

Neurons: 84
tgabriel11 wrote:
The other is that with out secret operations there can not be a victory. If the opposing side knows what is coming they can easily defend it.

And this is true for so many other things: business, love, an argument - sometimes it is wise to observe this.
DarkMoon
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:41:42 AM

Neurons: 46,684
I agree with the preceding speakers. I guess Sun Tzu refers to the activity I would call the invisible war. All actions and ventures undertaken by sides involved in a conflict, and openly carried out, depend on its 'silent' and usually hidden results.

I think General Sun Tzu is a quite interesting person. I've read his treatise on war and military strategy called "The Art of War" along with the Sun Pin's work entitled "Military Methods". It was intriguing to find out that so many of the strategies and war theories described and presented by them, appeared useful for the contemporary commanders and leaders.

To start with the other discovery, some readers also assess and point out the usefulness of Sun Tzu's theories and strategies in negotiations, competition, marketing, human resources management, and finally in the broadly understood business and financial markets. I concede, it would be quite interesting reading to leaf through the books, where the ancient philosophy is mixed with the current theories of economics, and directly quotes the rules mentioned above.
Carmelo
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:21:00 AM

Neurons: 750

Way to go,Applause TGabriel11
susanstar1234
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 2:53:48 PM

Neurons: 230
every individual have their right to the perspective that life entails. Whether it is back emotional problems or their dad didn't leave them his lint in his pockets. So, point being is that, no one has the right to engage is something considered wrong.