mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Neil Simon Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 94,569
Neil Simon

Simon is an American playwright whose popular comedies touch on various aspects of modern middle-class life. Despite being known as a master jokesmith, Simon often tackles serious topics. His Pulitzer Prize-winning Lost in Yonkers, for example, deals with the painful subject of parental rejection. His many other plays include The Odd Couple and Brighton Beach Memoirs. Many have been adapted into films, and Simon has written numerous screenplays. How did he get his start? More...
LucOneOff
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 3:58:25 AM

Neurons: 696,826
At the age of fifteen, Simon and his brother created a series of comedy sketches for employees at an annual department store event.
excaelis
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 4:13:01 AM

Neurons: 32,652
I was once forced to read the female version of ' The Odd Couple ' ( the original of which was loosely based on Matthau and Bronson ).

It was not fun, but fortunately Act 2 was missing from my copy which saved me from gnawing my own leg off.
stefan
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 4:37:48 AM

Neurons: 3,293,044
..."he enjoyed watching the early comedians like Charlie Chaplin, which inspired him to become a comedy writer."
monamagda
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 10:06:13 AM

Neurons: 6,499,429
Great quote!!

"Don't listen to those who say, you are taking too big a chance. Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today. Most important, don't listen when the little voice of fear inside you rears its ugly head and says "They are all smarter than you out there. They're more talented, they're taller, blonder, prettier, luckier, and they have connections." I firmly believe that if you follow a path that interests you, not to the exclusion of love, sensitivity, and cooperation with others, but with the strength of conviction that you can move others by your own efforts, and do not make success or failure the criteria by which you live, the chances are you'll be a person worthy of your own respects."

By Neil Simon