mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Back from thearpy Options
pljames
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:15:20 PM

Neurons: 15,207
Think I have been in a psychotic hospital for ten days. I lost my mind. I could not think or speak or communicate, my mind went deep south. I love my mind to think too speak to learn etc. It's scary to have a emotional crisis and lose ones mind. Now I am back. What I learned was the doctors try to establish a medical profile from drugs and a idea why one lost their mind. The drugs were were established by, (try and see if this helps), I was a guinny pig for them.

It in the end, I did come to find out the...why? I am better for it because I now know and had the experience of it and now I am qualified with my opinion on losing ones mind. Inside one mind is the consciousness. But does that consciousness run through the body as well? Like all creatures everything has to have a consciousness. So I now equate my consciousness with my soul/spirit, which I know nothing about. It seems everything on this planet has some sort of consciousness or if you will a nature. Thoughts please. Paul
ChristineC
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:56:09 PM

Neurons: 1,492
How old are you?
moniquester
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:36:31 PM

Neurons: 87,227
Hi Paul!

Glad to hear you are recovering from mental illness. It's a hard road, but a very worthwhile road to travel. Take it from someone who has walked the walk! I'm glad you have chosen to return to this site. I find that most people on this site are caring folks. Keep communicating! That is key! And as I now tell everyone around me: don't sweat the small stuff! And in the end, it is almost all small stuff. What we perceive as mountains impossible to cross, ends up as only a small molehill, but we are too close to it, to realize that it is so little.

Keep smiling! Keep a positive attitude!

And--hang in there! Think
The Realist
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:14:14 PM

Neurons: 4,920
Hi Paul, I am happy for you that you came out of that dark cloud. You have to remember that, no one is going to love you more than yourself. There are some doctors out here that will use you as a ginny pig. Being out of control of your feelings, and thoughts is not a good position to be in. Having to trust someone to do right by you. Just remember that this illness that you have is not your fault. You can overcome this. Many have, overcome it.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:40:07 PM

Neurons: 39,933
Glad to see you back PJ, please can you clarify, are you asking do all creatures have a spirit?, we know all creatures have consciousness.

Is that the question?
HeartDisk
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:24:16 AM

Neurons: 7,415
Welcome Back
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:57:05 AM

Neurons: 32,652
The woods can be deep. and the light sometimes barely reaches that forest floor. But the light is there even though you may not see it all the time. The important thing is to know that there are always tracks that lead to the light. Welcome back Paul.

The body is perhaps the machine for living. Is there a ghost in the machine ? I like to believe so, but like you I find it elusive.
AndEng
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:37:11 AM

Neurons: 28,497
Hi pljames,
Welcome Back!!!
the paths of life are always hard to walk, and that one you are on is certainly pretty hard, but being one who has been facing metal problems, cured with medicines and psychotherapy since a few years, I tell you that what it seemed to me at first a big mountain that blocked abruptly, completely and pitilessly the smooth path I would have liked to walk with my hopes and wishes for the future, has shown slowly a mountain track to follow. By walking this track, although it is a tiring one, I was brought to meet my consciousness, to look at it, to find out how much I hadn't paid attention to it since, although I knew I had one, I wasn't able to hear its voice. I am much better now and I am sure you will feel better. You see, you have already started feeling better as proved by your coming back to the forum with the words you wrote about the searching of your consciousness. Like on a mountain track, sometimes you walk on sometimes you slip back. Be patient with yourself. Keep trying to walk on, the track is not a merciless, unjust, useless track, it is the way to discover your consciousness, your soul, your spirit and to learn to live tuning your choices on them as they are the innermost part of you, your essence. Do not heed most people's advices whatever they say about you, your problems, how you should face them, how you should do this or that,......most of the time these advices come from somebody who has never experienced mental problem and does not know how painful and scaring they may be. Talk to good friends, talk to your relatives, to people who love you, stick to what doctors say and to the medicines, post to the forum as well. I am sure you will feel better and you will learn a lot about you. Be positive since the trek is hard but certainly a positive one.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:40:24 AM

Neurons: 32,652
Sounds like hard-won wisdom AndEng.
AndEng
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:16:46 AM

Neurons: 28,497
excaelis wrote:
Sounds like hard-won wisdom AndEng.

Yes, hard-won indeed, excaelis. It's been a tough fight and one has always to be on guard although the fight, in the end, makes you stronger instead of consuming your energy and the hard-gained wisdom helps you make out the bad tricks. Thanks.
pljames
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:43:57 AM

Neurons: 15,207
Do animals have feelings.

There was a couple that just moved into their new community. The male had a problem with the change but not the female. The male had many run ins with the security there. One day he just went berserk and security had to shoot him. The security said we will let his female alone with him for a few minutes and come back to remove the body, which they did. When they came back the female was lying on her mates breast, and come to find out she to had died. The autopsy stated why he died, but as for the female it was put "she died of a broken heart".

This couple was two Lamas from Peru. Paul
ChristineC
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:44:50 AM

Neurons: 1,492
pljames wrote:
Do animals have feelings.

There was a couple that just moved into their new community. The male had a problem with the change but not the female. The male had many run ins with the security there. One day he just went berserk and security had to shoot him. The security said we will let his female alone with him for a few minutes and come back to remove the body, which they did. When they came back the female was lying on her mates breast, and come to find out she to had died. The autopsy stated why he died, but as for the female it was put "she died of a broken heart".

This couple was two Lamas from Peru. Paul

of course

(welcome back )
Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:09:17 PM

Absolutely, animals have intense feelings, some birds mate for life like our little black and white bird the Pee Wee and swans,they mourn too.

Dogs and horses also have deep feelings, epecially dogs, they fret when their owners are away.

That is a beautiful story about the lama couple, some humans could learn from the way cat mothers look after their kittens.
Kerry.P
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 12:06:27 AM

Neurons: 13,143
Yes, welcome back Paul.

I'd like to add that I'm very impressed at your improved self expression. When you first started posting I wasn't always sure what you were trying to say, but nowadays you are much more articulate.
Ray41
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:51:02 AM

Neurons: 45,980
Good to see you back posting Paul.Applause

Greyfriars Bobby is a well known example of an animals feelings and devotion.

Although the authenticity is questioned, I believe that the facts speak for themselves, after all, why would a statue and a headstone have been erected long before any 'doubters' came along?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Bobby

This statue was erected the same year that Bobby died.

Tovarish
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 2:57:28 AM

And our dog on the tucker box at Gundagai too Ray.