mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
June is Audio Book Month! Options
monamagda
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:00:41 AM

Neurons: 6,704,770
June is Audio Book Month!

And to celebrate it Spoken Freely, a group of 40+ professional narrators, has teamed with Going Public by offering 40 audio short stories, poems, and essays read by 40 great narrators. You'll hear short stories from authors like Edgar Allan Poe and O. Henry, poems by authors like W.B. Yeats and Walt Whitman, and essays by authors such as Dave Barry. Each selection is read by a great narrator from the audio book industry. On the Spoken Freely site you can go to the various blogs that are hosting the selections and stream them through SoundCloud. The stories and narrators included through the month of June are as follows:

http://www.learnoutloud.com/Free-Audio-Video/Literature/Short-Stories/Spoken-Freely-Summer-Shorts-2014/47028?utm_source=FROTD&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Free%2BResource%20of%20the%20Day
Jeff Siemers
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:14:53 AM

Neurons: 18,444
Where can you actually listen to anything on that site? None of the links take you to any stories that I can see. The user's reviews on the bottom say the same thing.
boneyfriend
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:03:23 PM

Neurons: 10,546
I listen to audio books in the car because I have a slight case of narcolepsy and I fall asleep when I read. The last one I listened to was the Absolutely True Story of a Part Time Indian, before that Gone Girl, and many other good ones. I love that there are audio books.
moniquester
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:04:59 PM

Neurons: 87,227
boneyfriend wrote:
I listen to audio books in the car because I have a slight case of narcolepsy and I fall asleep when I read. The last one I listened to was the Absolutely True Story of a Part Time Indian, before that Gone Girl, and many other good ones. I love that there are audio books.

You are lucky that audio books work for you! When I listen to audio books, it takes me about 5 minutes (sometimes less) to fall into a deep sleep. Imagine me listening while driving!!! NOT a pretty picture!!!