mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
The Mona Lisa Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,209
The Mona Lisa

One of the most famous paintings in history, Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa can be seen at the Louvre museum in Paris, where it is on permanent display. The work's name was not chosen by the artist; rather, it was derived from a posthumously published biography of da Vinci, which identifies the subject as Lisa, wife of a wealthy Florentine businessman. Still, her identity remains the subject of debate, and theories regarding the owner of the enigmatic smile abound. What are some of them? More...
LucOneOff
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:37:08 AM

Neurons: 696,826
Several other individuals have been proposed as the subject of the painting.Isabella of Naples, Cecilia Gallerani, Costanza d'Avalos, Duchess of Francavilla, Isabella d'Este, Pacifica Brandano or Brandino, Isabela Gualanda, Caterina Sforza, even Salaì and Leonardo himself, are all among the list of posited models portrayed in the painting. Currently, the consensus of art historians is that the painting depicts Lisa del Giocondo, which has always been the traditional view.

Eng. Fawad Ahmad
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:12:04 AM

Neurons: 47,805
Why this portrait worths so much?
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:27:31 PM

Neurons: 7,559,187
Who Was Mona Lisa?
Historically, Mona Lisa was the wife of a Florentine gentleman. Her name was Lisa del Giocondo. But this woman in the painting is shrouded in mystery because no other proof of her actual appearance survive.

Mona Lisa Was Leonardo's Mom Some historical testimonies also suggest that Leonardo might have painted the Mona Lisa in likeness of his mother, Caterina Da Vinci.

Mona Lisa Was Da Vinci Himself! Some theorists also believe that Mona Lisa might have been a young and beardless version of Leonardo Da Vinci himself. The painting has amazing similarities with his self portrait.

Amon And Elisa: Men And Woman Some historians have also claimed that Mona Lisa is a combination of a man and woman. The Latin words Amon and Elisa combine to form Mona Lisa. That makes Mona Lisa a hermaphrodite.

Why No Eyebrows? Mona Lisa looks strange because she has absolutely no facial hair. Even her eyebrows are plucked clean. Some historians say that it was customary for noble women to shave their eyebrows in the 16th century though.

The Golden Triangle Some theorists believe that the Mona Lisa is perfect in terms of symmetry. It forms the ancient symbol of the chalice that is an indirect hint to the mystical holy grail. Dan brown has elaborated about this theory in his bestseller book, 'Da Vinci Code'.

Read more at: http://www.boldsky.com/insync/pulse/2013/mona-lisa-secret-conspiracy-theories-032144.html#slide3417
GreenBanana
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:32:01 PM

Neurons: 20,818
She hasn't got any eyebrows.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:26:50 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Fleas. Noble women stuck mouse skins on their eyebrows, and wore merkins ( pubic wigs ). Many were bald and wore elaborate wigs.

Why is it worth so much ? Because there's only one of it.
Miriam...
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:56:35 PM

Neurons: 12,634
Apparently, The Mona Lisa DID have eye brows and eye lashes, which, in the painting, have faded over time...Personally, I can't imagine
anyone plucking their eyelashes.

Also, I think it is odd that Da Vinci would take so long to paint a portrait of someone. I think he meant it to mean something more than just a picture of a lady.

I think its meaning is probably encoded in her name.

I think too, it is possible that it was not he who finished it.

(Just as I think it it was some other sculptor who sculpted the hand on the statue of David. What originally might have been his hand, may have broke off or had been damaged...It might have even been holding something.)

I'm too tired to offer suggestions. Sorry, maybe tomorrow.

Excaelis, you have a vivid imagination. Maybe you can.:)(This is a joke, a joke a joke.)