mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Brigham Young (1801) Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 98,814
Brigham Young (1801)

Young was an early leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or Mormon Church, who helped maintain the unity of the church after Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, was assassinated in 1844. He led the great migration west and established a settlement at Salt Lake City, where the Church is headquartered today. He defended Mormon interests during the Utah War, eventually losing his post as governor of Utah. A known polygamist, Young had how many wives and children? More...
LucOneOff
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 5:15:11 AM

Neurons: 696,826
Young was a polygamist, marrying a total of 55 wives, 54 of them after he converted to become a Latter Day Saint.[
Morzen
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 6:45:56 AM

Neurons: 737
Mmm... he got that right: Bring'em young. 55 wives indeed. Not exactly my kind of Jesus fellow, especially for a leader (prophet aka 'profit' of a so-called Christian church.
curmudgeonine
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 8:34:31 AM

Neurons: 170,308
Young was a polygamist, marrying a total of 55 wives, 54 of them after he converted to become a Latter Day Saint.[32] The policy was difficult for many in the church. Young stated that upon being taught about plural marriage, "It was the first time in my life that I desired the grave."[33] By the time of his death, Young had 56 children by 16 of his wives; 46 of his children reached adulthood
John J. Gerhardt
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 8:58:54 AM

Neurons: 28,595
The Mormons first settled in Missouri...as told in many Western novels, then were forced by public opinion to move, I believe to Iowa then eventually to Utah...quite an eventful group...having 56 children by 55 wives makes one wonder how he accomplished such an undertaking as this community in Salt Lake city.
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 11:54:02 AM

Neurons: 7,191,559

“'Mormonism' has made me all I am; and the grace, the power, and the wisdom of God will make me all that I ever will be, either in time or in eternity.”

[image not available]
Absurdicuss
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 11:54:17 AM

Neurons: 30,734

Mormonism is not a Christian sect. Mormon leadership adopted the Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ "slogan" so as to appear Christian, and many are erroneously offended when told this truth.

Mormonism, like Islam, unlike Christianity, relegates women to a second class status. Lucky Mormon gals, if they play their cards right i.e. - marriage slavery leading to ascension to something similar to godhood - get to spend their immortal lives in a state of eternal pregnancy.

WOW - this tempting offer only good for a limited time so hurry up ladies and get in line.

monamagda
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 4:48:41 PM

Neurons: 7,191,559
Absurdicuss wrote:

Mormonism is not a Christian sect. Mormon leadership adopted the Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ "slogan" so as to appear Christian, and many are erroneously offended when told this truth.

Mormonism, like Islam, unlike Christianity, relegates women to a second class status. Lucky Mormon gals, if they play their cards right i.e. - marriage slavery leading to ascension to something similar to godhood - get to spend their immortal lives in a state of eternal pregnancy.

WOW - this tempting offer only good for a limited time so hurry up ladies and get in line.

You are so right! I agree totally. Thanks for the comment. Applause
The Realist
Posted: Monday, June 2, 2014 12:14:10 AM

Neurons: 4,920
Mormons were against blacks attending their churches.
You ever notice those young caucasian males walking around in the minority area'a, dressed in black pants and white shirts, with a book bag on their back.
They never really stop to talk to anyone, I guess they are just doing their in the (hood) on clock hours.
I guess they are just praying to make it back to Utah.
Go back and preach about how the were traveling evangelist and how the helped the poor.
This is how people lie, and are what you call false prophets.