Welcome Guest
breast enlargements Options
Raparee
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:47:04 PM

Neurons: 18,102
nooblet wrote:
Raparee wrote:
nooblet wrote:
Haha, all the guys who have subscriptions read it for the articles. You would think that's a lie, but I've seen some pretty hilarious articles get passed around via email from some of my friends from back in high school. I, however, don't have a subscription (or plan on getting one). I am content with the second hand articles that get emailed to me, I probably get filtered only the funnier ones.

My mom used to steal my dad's mags and use some of the nicer pictures as nude studies for her art. I will admit, the jokes were hysterical and some of the articles were actually really good reads.

Okay, the nekkid chicks didn't do much for me besides make me realize I would NEVER look like that. Then I decided I'd rather look like one of Frank Frazetta's warrior women. Still working on that one. ;)

You have very good taste. They are way hot (forgive the poor grammar).

No worries, they are indeed, way hot. 100% woman - real curves, real bumps, and real attitude with real weapons. Not a skinny Minnie in the bunch. To me, they are real female empowerment. They are badass and completely feminine. They are my role models. Dancing I like the Olivia's (though she's gotten skinnier as well), but they're pinup, and Vallejo went muscle-bound. What happened to just plain being happy with being female and female-bodied? I like my curves where they are.
nooblet
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:50:10 PM

Neurons: 4,778
Raparee wrote:
What happened to just plain being happy with being female and female-bodied? I like my curves where they are.

Amen to that, this is precisely how I feel (and also why I typically prefer natural women).
RuthP
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:50:34 PM

Neurons: 87,618
Whew, what a response.

Hi Maggie,

This is a very big and complicated topic. The final decision must be yours, based on your perception of your situation, your analysis of risk vs. benefit, and your tolerance for risk. I have a few links for you.

FDA Breast Implant consumer information. There are several links on the page, the first, "Questions and Answers" is a good place to start. Dates listed are when each page was first put up. Most of them have been updated and that information will be listed on the page itself.

FDA Local surgical complications. I almost didn't put this in. Most surgeries do not have complications. For those that do, these are the most common. You might want to read more general information first. Be aware there are photographs here.

Systemic complications with respect to silicone have not been borne out in research; the available studies are case-control or cohort studies at best.

Breast augmentation, plastic surgery dot org. I am very impressed with the information and explanations given here.

American Society for Aesthetic Surgery

Mentor dot com. I think Mentor makes one brand of breast implant.

Thoughts:

* I was small, BC (before child), but I'm one of the few who didn't go back to the original size. Overall, I preferred smaller.

* I am unwilling to undergo surgery unless I have no choice, so that colors my opinion. There are risks with any surgery; be aware of both general surgical risks and specific risks with this surgery and be comfortable that it is the right decision for you.

* Most insurance will not pay for augmentation and you will need to check with your insurance about what they will cover of the follow-up care.

* If I were doing this, I would like to talk with women who have had it done and who have had their implants for several years. I'd like to compare experiences with different implants and different surgical procedures.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:55:20 PM

Neurons: 39,933
Hi Maggie, We women feel body image is important, even older women.I was speaking to a lady in her 70's who wanted a reconstruction for a mastectomy. She may be the only one who ever see it, but if it gave her a better feeling about her self, well good for her. If you decide to get an enlargement, which is entirely a personal decision, please don't get un-naturally large implants. Nothing worse than that separation between the breasts that scream enlargement.Geeman you are a credit.Someone who has really researched your subject. Ten points!!
Jay Jay , every man, women & child in Australia knows what a wanker is.
Raparee
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:34:17 PM

Tovarish, that woman is awesome and I agree completely. I think those of us who are more practical and not expecting to look like pinups after surgery go into such things with a lot more realism of what we expect out of it. For better or worse, breasts are a huge part of the female psyche and when we feel those have been damaged (illness/accident/genetics) or simply aren't up to par (in our minds), sometimes, I think, breast surgery could be the thing that makes us walk proudly through a crowd and through life when before, we might have stayed on the sidelines, watching life go by.
Angel-Baby
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:46:31 AM

Neurons: 243
Maggie, speaking as someone who is in the opposite boat - researching reduction surgery - I can tell you being larger is not always better. Here are just some of the issues I have dealt with over the past 20 years:

- Perception by others: By the time I was 10 I was a B cup. (That is the last size I will mention, promise.) So from 5th grade through high school I was made fun of, groped in the halls, had my phone number end up on bathroom walls multiple times and had nasty rumors spread about me. By 7th grade I was wearing bulky clothing and carrying books in front of me to hide them. In 8th grade I was accused of getting an enlargement over summer break in front of most of the class (this was done as a bet). High school wasn't much better but I left after two years to go to college. In college and the first few jobs after it was difficult to get people to take me seriously. To this day there are still men that talk to them instead of me.

- Pain: I get weekly adjustments and massages to deal with the back pain. (Imagine strapping 8+ pounds to your chest and walking around day in and day out.) I can't lie on my stomach. If I sleep on my back, I get the feeling of being smothered. As mentioned by an earlier post, jumping rope or on a trampoline is hazardous without wearing a couple of sports bras. I can't tell you how many times I have hit myself in the chin while running up and down the stairs.

- Clothing: It is difficult to find tops that fit off the rack. They either fit the bust and are too loose everywhere else or too tight there and fit around the waist. Forget about wearing empire waist tops because they will either show too much or do not lay where they are supposed to. Discounting the additional costs associated with bras in the larger sizes, shopping for lingerie is a pain. For the most part, the bras are ugly. All of the cute designs are in the smaller sizes. Once you reach a certain size, the straps need to be wider or they will cut into your shoulders - which limits the styles of shirts/ dresses one can wear. Then there is the fact that most stores only carry lingerie up to a certain size and anything larger needs to be purchased at a specialty store or on-line if there is no store nearby. There are strapless bras available in the larger sizes, but they aren't very supportive - which can circle back to the pain issue.

- Sports/ Athletics: I mentioned the jumping earlier, but there are other sports that are difficult to play even while wearing mulitple sports bras. Volleyball - it's hard to bump when you don't know if your arms should go above them (limiting range of motion) or around them (leaving a gap because the arms don't touch). Golf and baseball - similar reasons as volleyball. Archery - there is a reason the Amazons cut off their right breast, 'nuff said.

These are just some of the issues. However, it really comes down to how you feel in your own skin. I would suggest trying cutlets first to see what a larger size feels like.
JayJay
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:05:10 AM

Neurons: 477
Maggie wrote:
I'm thinking about this, but am not sure. I'm a small lady, and like a lot of other small women, I'm a bit envious of those who are better endowed. But I'm concerned about the possibility that such surgery will have negative ramifications down the road. If there are any women here who have done this, I'd like your thoughts - both pro and con.
Thanks

If it is something you envy and think about often, then I say go for it. Life is too short too worry about everything that can go wrong. Do your research and find a reputable doctor and "Boobs your uncle".
reiki333
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:07:21 AM

Neurons: 74,481
what a weird thread we have woven. I still read the whole thing, tho. A friend just had surgery to make her breasts "the size they were before she had kids". Well, she wears mainly baggy t-shirts at the gym anyway. But her personality has changed. She is bolder, more gossipy, more ego-istic,...
I always wanted boobs but now I realize the baggage that goes with it. I want someone to love me for just being me. I still want boobs tho!!! lol hoping to grow them with THOUGHT POWER...I sure am not spending 6-7k for a good boobjob.
AJC
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:09:25 PM

Neurons: 2,436
Mr Montag...hide your eyes and cover your ears

I just have to finally weigh in on this one. I was a Playboy Bunny in the 70's. Soooooooooooo, I've seen a lot of great natural breasts. They all were natural then. They were all sizes and shapes. (Contrary to public belief, being a Bunny and wearing that costume required great legs and smiles. Boobs can be...well, look at drag queens, they have cleavage.)

Many of my friends later had what is now called a "Mommy Makeover". All they did was have what could be called a re-fill after the births of children. You wouldn't know they had anything done. They key is not to go the Pam Anderson route. If you don't go too big and they jiggle when you walk or run, they look,wear and feel fine. The surgeries were done with the incisions under arms (no visible scars) or as someone here said before, around the nipple (WATCH OUT HERE MR.M,YOUR EYES MIGHT FALL OUT)and some were done with the incision under the breast,in the crease. Those scars were visible if the gal was standing on her head naked. There are a lot more of these "reconstructions" after childbirth than most people are aware of. They just don't look like implants, so you'd never know unless you knew. These women just wanted to look like they did before they had babies. No biggie. I knew a few who had always wanted larger breasts too. Maybe a full B where they now had anA, or a smallish C. Again, the key seems to be not to stretch whatever you now have to the fullest so that you end up with something resembling the bumpers on an old Cadillac that just sit there on your chest. You might as well put a neon sign across the front of you. Jiggling is the key. Leave room for the jiggle.

I read Playboy for the articles. Great writing. Geat short stories,jokes and interviews.

TFD
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:10:20 PM

If personal attacks on this thread continue, they will be removed and those who have posted them will be suspended.

Off-topic posts and those that constitute adult content will also be removed.

Please keep this discussion appropriate and civil.
Raparee
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:15:37 PM

AJC, you're awesome too. :D It's funny how something that should be a fairly personal decision, so long as it makes you happy and hurts none, creates such strong opinions. I have no problem with having a "mommy makeover" at some point and I will gladly call it such.

I think the biggest key here is to be happy with your body. We've only got one, you know. We're all constantly under pressure to look like Hollywood and airbrushed media and really, they are the aberration. There are several sites online now that are "natural bodies/real bodies" sites that post, with permission and ensuring age appropriateness, pictures of real people. I've found them to be amazingly reassuring, especially to younger readers, that they are, in fact, very normal. That gives me some hope that someday, we may get past all the airbrushing.

I haven't read PB in a dog's age...is the content still good then?
AJC
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:17:55 PM

Neurons: 2,436
nnorlen wrote:
If personal attacks on this thread continue, they will be removed and those who have posted them will be suspended.

Off-topic posts and those that constitute adult content will also be removed.

Please keep this discussion appropriate and civil.

[size=7]
It appears that we need a bit more direction as to what constitutes "adult content". Everyone here besides Mr Montag has entered into this particular discussion in a civilized and respectful manner...I think. What say you? The only "attacks" have come from one person who is not ok with this topic. Let's get some feedback here before people start getting voted off the island by the powers that keep us civil. It would seem that a statement from the administration would publicly clarify boundaries for all.
Thanks

TFD
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:34:07 PM

Epiphileon
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:57:33 PM

Neurons: 167,051
Gwen
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:04:31 PM

Neurons: 689
A friend of mine in school has, like, huge boobs -- and she's only a freshman in high school. She hates the facts that the only reason most guys talk (or look at her) to her is b/c of her boobs. She once told me that I should be happy with my small ones b/c the guys to talk to actually want to get to know me (not that I wasnt happy with mine). I would never even consider getting a surgery to make the size of my boobs bigger, honstly, I'll rather get them smaller.
Mr. Montag
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:51:11 PM

Neurons: 118
@nnorlen: I'll make this short. I've decided (hold your applause please) not to post to TFD Language Forums.
There are many reasons, but here are a few:

The TOS says don't post objections to threads in messages, contact an administrator right? Where on this site is that info?
There isn't a single "contact an administrator" button. There is no obvious list of administrators. There is a part
of the TOS that says proper spelling, and grammar are important. Half the posts on all the threads are misspelled in the
thread title alone, ignoring the constant numerous misspellings, and poor grammar in the posts within the threads.
There is no way currently I see to delete an account, and on, and on, and on...

Having TOS isn't of much use if you don't enforce them, or give the tools needed for your users.
In short, these forums, BETA or not, are a bit of a joke. I've noticed a pattern of threads violating
the TOS, but two in one day on explicit (not vulgar) topics was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me,
so to speak.

So for everyone on here pissed off at me, I admit, I didn't handle my objections well, and apologize for my rudeness,
but I wouldn't have stepped in had the ADMINISTRATORS DONE THEIR JOBS. RANT OUT.Silenced Silenced Shhh d'oh!
Mr. Montag
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:04:51 PM

Neurons: 118
Well you're here? Any answers please. Honestly finding an admin is like running down a library hall screaming for help.
What gives please?
mg dccl
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:16:35 PM

Neurons: 57
So i took an online class once and the assignment called for some outdoor observations and it didn't take long before one of the classmates started citing their physical ailemts and inability to withstand sunlight, while i'm sympathetic to the limitations of others, i didn't expect to start hearing about lacerations, pus and other grotesque inspiring images while "studying"........

point being, i didn't expect any free dictionary forum to include medical conditions, especially those of pyshcosomatic vanities. . .i mean where are the limitations?

i offer the following compromise:
i'll spare you all my private parts details if you spare me yours. . .
grammargeek
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:39:44 PM

Neurons: 33,836
Mr. Montag wrote:
Well you're here? Any answers please. Honestly finding an admin is like running down a library hall screaming for help.
What gives please?

Mr. Montag, I cannot tell with certainty from your posts whether or not you already know that nnorlen is one of the administrators, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. He has already weighed in here on this topic. You can send him or any of the other three administrators a message by following the instructions below. (I just copied and pasted what I've written in a couple of other posts.)

You can send a PM to any one of the four administrators by clicking on "Members" on the bar at the top of the page. Then click on "Rank" to arrange the member list such that the administrators' names appear at the top of the list. Click on one of their names, and when the profile comes up, then click on the "PM" button in the upper left-hand corner.
Raparee
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:08:50 PM

Going OT, a moment.

Mr. Montag wrote:
{snip} There is a part of the TOS that says proper spelling, and grammar are important. Half the posts on all the threads are misspelled in the thread title alone, ignoring the constant numerous misspellings, and poor grammar in the posts within the threads. {snip}

While this is an English language forum, there is a wide variety of...shall we say, English comprehension utilized here. This is because quite a few of the forum's participants are actually non-native speakers and writers of the language, using this forum, in many topics and subforums, to increase their ease of use with the language. This is best done in a conversational setting, where common topics are discussed and their levels of understanding increase slowly, but with familiar ideas. Using a language in everyday ways is superior to book learning and always will be.

As for the native speakers, well, there is a wide variety of comprehension there as well. Some people are better at grammar and have a more extensive vocabulary than others, this is only natural. I have found, along the lines of another topic (posted by Geeman) that the internet invariably uses a conversational tone and I believe this is to essentially even the playing field and put people at ease. The internet is a global chat room and as such, we try to be friendly with the way we phrase things and keep it at an everyday-man sort of level, even if we are capable of collegiate terminology and phrasing.

That said, I still find this forum to be one of the most well-written of the many forums I've visited online. We generally do try here and there are very few posters who prefer net-, chat-, or textspeak and for that, I am grateful. So typos and misspells are not going to ruin my day. If I find a post too difficult to read for errors, I skip over it and think no more of it, unless it is a plea to help their language comprehension. I proofread for a living currently...and I choose not to do it in a forum where I come to engage in (mostly) pleasant conversations.
Raparee
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:19:42 PM

mg dccl wrote:
So i took an online class once and the assignment called for some outdoor observations and it didn't take long before one of the classmates started citing their physical ailemts and inability to withstand sunlight, while i'm sympathetic to the limitations of others, i didn't expect to start hearing about lacerations, pus and other grotesque inspiring images while "studying"........

point being, i didn't expect any free dictionary forum to include medical conditions, especially those of pyshcosomatic vanities. . .i mean where are the limitations?

i offer the following compromise:
i'll spare you all my private parts details if you spare me yours. . .

While I may be able to say that perhaps this particular post could have been under the "Medicine" subforum, I will repeat what has been mentioned previously - the title is clear about the content within. I skip over posts that don't interest me in any forum. I suggest you do the same.

Breast enlargement, however, is exceedingly cultural and we have been discussing the cultural impacts of breasts, breast sizes, body image, and surgery, along with pros and cons of the procedure. That is very much on topic with the forum, which is Knowledge and Culture. The social aspect of body image is huge and many people suffer from very poor self-image. As of today, I believe Spain has a minimum BMI for its models, France has written laws against extreme photoshopping, and the US has been mocking severe cases of photoshopping. I also read an article that said so-called "plus-sided" models, meaning the average woman between a size 10 and a size 14, are having a few more opportunities. I would like to see more body acceptance as far as appearance and emphasize health over weight extremes.

Not talking about a subject merely keeps it in the dark and does nothing to help the understanding of it.
AnthA1G
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:24:41 AM

Neurons: 3,432
I don't see why folks got any problem with this thread. If you don't like what is been said here, then simply don't read. Despite the fact of being bored I was looking for something to read. I have, obviously, seen the title of this thread before, but it didn't catch my attention. I decided to not be ignorant so here I am.
Anyways.. Tattoos and breast enlargement is technically the same crap. I prefer women with small-medium size boobs over those with large ones. Don't get me wrong, I find some "NATURAL large 'BREASTED' women quite attractive. I just don't like when a woman modifies her body (in that way) to make it more noticeable.

Remember this: If a guy doesn't like you because you have small boobs, then make your boobs bigger by paying thousands of dollars so he will like you!!
Yes, Sarcasm works.
man in black
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:33:48 AM

Neurons: 1,334
I believe that unless one has a clear defect that can affect one´s life, then you shouldn´t change yourself a bit. Besides what´s that fuss about large or big breasts? Most of the women who possess them naturally find themselves being punished by naure because the law of gravity takes its toll on them faster and when articial things always cause side effects. Besides women with small breasts are the sexiest and i ain´t the only one thinking so I know a great deal of fellows who think like me, so be content with what you have and dispel your worries.