Those whom the gods love grow young.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
moniquester
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 12:39:12 AM

Neurons: 87,227
Daemon wrote:

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

From experience, I can tell you that Oscar Wilde is either a dreamer or greatly delusional! I have yet to see anyone grow YOUNG! No matter where you look, everyone is growing older. Even the multimillionaires, and those who are in positions of power, and the famous--they too, grow old--and no amount of gods loving them will change that. And they die, too! Oh Oscar Wilde, I greatly enjoy your sweet sense of innocence; however, you have been either misguided or have misjudged the situation completely!

Can you believe it? Even I am growing older every day! In fact, I am only a short way from acquiring a government paycheck. That makes me OLD! And that's okay!!!
Bully_rus
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 2:34:32 AM

Neurons: 331,494
Daemon wrote:

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Is this a mockery of "those whom the gods love die young" or just relativism of thought/truth?
Panos
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 5:52:33 AM

Neurons: 5,250
moniquester wrote:
Daemon wrote:

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

From experience, I can tell you that Oscar Wilde is either a dreamer or greatly delusional! I have yet to see anyone grow YOUNG! No matter where you look, everyone is growing older. Even the multimillionaires, and those who are in positions of power, and the famous--they too, grow old--and no amount of gods loving them will change that. And they die, too! Oh Oscar Wilde, I greatly enjoy your sweet sense of innocence; however, you have been either misguided or have misjudged the situation completely!

Can you believe it? Even I am growing older every day! In fact, I am only a short way from acquiring a government paycheck. That makes me OLD! And that's okay!!!

No one grows young => The gods love no one => (Why)Do they/we (still) exist(?)
progpen
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 8:04:37 AM

Neurons: 55,284
When you live a good, full and hearty life, you may physically grow older, but mentally and emotionally you remain sharp (young).
jcbarros
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 10:12:43 AM

Neurons: 9,377
The best thing that can be done is to get a picture.
omicrom
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 10:15:27 AM

Neurons: 70,391
progpen wrote:
When you live a good, full and hearty life, you may physically grow older, but mentally and emotionally you remain sharp (young).

Or at least the spirit doesn't wear off so much in the course of time.
monamagda
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 1:17:30 PM

Neurons: 6,704,770
George Orwell said about this great master:

"He left behind, as his essential contribution to literature, a large repertoire of jokes which survive because of their sheer neatness, and because of a certain intriguing uncertainty — which extends to Wilde himself — as to whether they really mean anything."

George Orwell
Verbatim
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 3:49:08 PM

Neurons: 248,537
Daemon wrote:

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

.... but surely, before that: "Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad." Now they can grow young for the madness to last longer.Sick
Dr. Mohammed Albadri
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 4:32:15 PM

Neurons: 77,915
moniquester wrote:
From experience, I can tell you that Oscar Wilde is either a dreamer or greatly delusional! I have yet to see anyone grow YOUNG! No matter where you look, everyone is growing older. Even the multimillionaires, and those who are in positions of power, and the famous--they too, grow old--and no amount of gods loving them will change that. And they die, too! Oh Oscar Wilde, I greatly enjoy your sweet sense of innocence; however, you have been either misguided or have misjudged the situation completely!.
Agree too true
karia h
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 9:46:48 PM

Neurons: 3,431
monamagda wrote:
George Orwell said about this great master:

"He left behind, as his essential contribution to literature, a large repertoire of jokes which survive because of their sheer neatness, and because of a certain intriguing uncertainty — which extends to Wilde himself — as to whether they really mean anything."

George Orwell

Perfect!

This is what I love about the guy..
Leils
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:34:22 AM

Neurons: 255
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty – they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~ Martin Buxbaum
Verbatim
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:46:03 PM

Neurons: 248,537
Stock up on plasma, celebrities. The time for everlasting youth is upon you, and you can afford it!

"Transfusing the blood plasma of young mice into older mice allowed them to perform better on tests of memory than their peers, suggesting that some factor or factors in the blood of the young can reverse certain aging processes. Researchers are now trying to identify which factors accomplish this and whether similar benefits would be seen in human trials." TFD May 11/14 In the News.