mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Theodor Herzl (1860) Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,128
Theodor Herzl (1860)

Herzl was the founder of modern Zionism. A journalist, he was sent to Paris to report on the Dreyfus Affair and was appalled by the vicious anti-Semitism he observed. Concluding that Jewish assimilation in Europe was impossible and that the only solution to the Jewish problem was the establishment of a Jewish national state, Herzl organized the first Zionist World Congress. At the time of his death, Herzl's organization was considering establishing a Jewish homeland in what region of the world? More...
monamagda
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 12:41:07 PM

Neurons: 7,540,551
HAPPY 154TH BIRTHDAY Mr. Theodor Herzl!! Applause

"Zionism is the modern expression of the ancient Jewish heritage. Zionism is the national liberation movement of a people exiled from its historic homeland and dispersed among the nations of the world. Zionism is the redemption of an ancient nation from a tragic lot and the redemption of a land neglected for centuries. Zionism is the revival of an ancient language and culture, in which the vision of a universal peace has been a central theme. Zionism is the embodiment of a unique pioneering spirit, of the dignity of labor, and of enduring human values. Zionism is creating a society, however, imperfect it may still be, which tries to implement the highest ideal of democracy - political, social and cultural - for all the inhabitants of Israel, irrespective of religious belief, race or sex. Zionism is, in sum, the constant and unrelenting effort to realize the national and universal vision of the prophets of Israel."
YIGAL ALLON (Israeli General)
Speech to UN General Assembly, 1975
Henry Martinez
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 5:11:23 PM

Neurons: 1,811
What a terribly tragic price God imposed upon him and his family; early deaths and suicides. Were they predisposed or was there a causal factor, a price to pay for planting a seed for cataclysmic change.
tintin
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2014 1:07:36 PM

Neurons: 1,606
Wow, the name was familiar to me, what a courageous man, Israel is an awesome country, I visited it in 1981 and was sad to leave even though I was only there for two weeks, I was 21 years old then. I am now 51 and would love to take my children to visit it.