mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Look who wants American intervention in Ukraine. Inanity is word of the day. Options
Verbatim
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:32:34 PM

Neurons: 248,792
Here is an example of how some people never learn; ever wonder why wars get started, with citizens like that?
Read paragraph #2 for mind blowing inanity.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-26943479
Michael E. Porter
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:21:23 PM

Neurons: 14,936
What's more disturbing is that the farther away from the actual location of Ukraine the survey participants guessed, the more likely they were to support US military intervention.

Speak to the hand
reinsalkas
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:34:36 PM

Neurons: 11,720
Unbelievable! d'oh!
Luker4
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:41:02 PM

Neurons: 24,493
Brick wall
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:41:18 PM

Neurons: 603,724
How dare they let all those people to vote?
Oh, I see, never mind.
Whistle
excelsior
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:47:13 PM

Neurons: 381
LOL
TheParser
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:26:55 AM

Neurons: 22,062
In all fairness, most of the world's 7,000,000,000 human beings had no idea where the Ukraine was until they saw maps on TV.

I had known (of course!) the the Ukraine was near Russia, but I was hazy about the exact location and too lazy to consult the atlas that I had won in the 1950's for being the best geography student at my school.

I have heard that many young (and not so young) Americans cannot name the two neighbors of the United States.

Ray41
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:56:49 AM

Neurons: 45,980
Seeing that the conflict is over Russia's annexing of Crimea, and Crimea is mentioned almost as much as the Ukraine, then surely history would be a guide to just where the Ukraine is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_war

Think How could anyone not have heard of Alfred, Lord Tennyson's epic poem; The Charge of the Light Brigade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade_(poem)

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air,
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reel'd from the sabre stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honor the charge they made,
Honor the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred.
Absurdicuss
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 10:28:37 PM

Neurons: 30,654

It is not surprising, the ignorance state of the average American, given the effectiveness of government mandated compulsory education, mass media induced mind control and rampant consumerism that has reduced our culture to a sound bite society of wage slaves.

Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:13:26 AM

Neurons: 39,933
Arrh come on Abs, when do we take control of our own short comings? by the way Australia is to the south of you.
Verbatim
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:09:33 PM

Neurons: 248,792
In all fairness, the OP is not so much about ignorance of geography as it is about the ignorance of suggesting a military intervention right into the backyard of the old Soviet Union
and for all the wrong reasons to boot.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:33:47 PM

Putin reminds me of the little boy who throws his ball over the fence so he has a reason to go and get it, not very original.
pedro
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:57:54 AM

Neurons: 63,022
It was because of 'noble' attitudes towards the mindless charge of the light brigade into that so many people signed up to be slaughtered in the filthy trenches of WW1. Perhaps someone will repeat the mistake.
TheParser
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:54:05 AM

The honorary consuls in Los Angeles for Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have written an article for the Los Angeles Times (April 24, 2014).

One of their sentences brilliantly summarizes the whole mess (emphasis added):

"Putin cares no more about the plight of Russians outside Russia than he does for the plight of Russians within Russia."
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 3:25:57 AM

Where are the United Nations when you need them?
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 5:51:37 AM

Neurons: 234,092
The trouble with the UN is that it's set up in such a way that both Russia and the USA (and China and the UK and France) can veto any decision agreed upon by all the others.
If Russia says "No", nothing is done.
If the USA says "No", nothing is done.
If China says "No" nothing is done.
Can you imagine all three of them agreeing on any action - never mind The UK and France!

That is why the UN never gets anything done.
Tovarish
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:00:55 AM

Its a bloody shame, we need an international police force that is not allied with any particular country.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:24:09 AM

Quoted exactly from the thread "Is it time for America to get tough"

Drag0nspeaker wrote on the sixth of September 2013:

Quote:
One alternative, which is probably better than bombing and outright war, would be a very incisive 'strike' to remove the offending despot and corrupt politicians.

It would take more planning and intelligence/logistics, but with "eyes in the sky" that can read a car number-plate or newspaper headline, I'm sure a few individuals could be pinpointed and arrested or shot.

However - how would the Republican citizens of the USA react if China were to decide that the Democrat President of the USA was corrupt, so they shot him?

Or the Democrat citizens of the USA, if it were a Republican president that Russia 'removed'?

It should be a team from the "International Police". This would obviously be made up of representative numbers from each country, each with a vote as to who to 'go after' - 137 from China, 123 from India, 32 from the USA, 23 from Indonesia, 20 from Brazil, and so on. Whistle

To mis-quote some ancient Roman/Greek bloke "Who would police the intentional police?" - what would stop the international Police Chief from becoming World Dictator?
Tovarish
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:41:20 AM

Possibly the same bloke, I didnt know that he was Greek, I thoght he was an Aussie,

"Who's taking care of the caretakers daughter, when the caretaker is busy taking care?"

Also some country that doesnt take bribes, so possibly no one.
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:08:53 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
"Who would police the intentional police?"

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:11:46 AM

TheParser wrote:
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
"Who would police the intentional police?"

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Exactly! - however, I hope you realised that I intended to type "international", rather than "intentional". Oops! d'oh!
Absurdicuss
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:00:20 AM

Tov wrote: Arrh come on Abs, when do we take control of our own short comings?

Your guess is as good as mine Tov, preferably yesterday.

However, I am referring to the intense, well funded and orchestrated purposeful process of schooling and regimentation that is effectively producing generations of ever more docile wage slave who are smart enough to obey instruction but not independent enough to question orders.

"by the way Australia is to the south of you."

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/globerem/main/Publication2.jpg

Are you sure?

Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:27:41 AM

Abs, I had an unusual schooling and some of the teachers were tyrants, but I felt then and I still believe I own my own mind, to disseminate and make up or change as I alone choose.

Well if yo live closer, then I will put the kettle on.
Absurdicuss
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 12:43:25 PM

Would love to drop in for tea down under, and being on the other side of the planet means we're already halfway there.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:45:26 AM

Tea and scones with jam and whipped cream, and from your new address you are at the top of the world while I am hanging off the bottom by my finger nails
Absurdicuss
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 8:11:04 PM

It's funny how we think of the south as down and the north as up.
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:59:30 AM

Funny thing isn't it Abs, that North is up or South is down, who would have thought.

The Charge of the Light Brigade is brilliant poem, thank you Ray.
Klaas V
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:23:14 AM

Neurons: 4,802
West (left) as in the wind is considered good according to Wikipedia. Does it mean that East is bad and therefore right???
thar
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:56:04 AM

Neurons: 94,765
Please god most of these people were taking the mickey.

And 'most people didn't know before this' is no excuse. It was a new republic after the break-up of the Soviet Union, it was the site of battles and concentration camps in the second world war. The site of Yalta. It is the site of Chernobyl. Even if Americans don't care about the Crimean war, they should know about that stuff!

OK, getting it a bit wrong is entirely understandable, - but not knowing the general area- how can you not know stuff that is constantly being presented to people through multiple sources throughout their whole lives? You have to be determinedly blocking it out not to just assimilate the general idea!
Absurdicuss
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:52:21 PM

Sufficiently dumbed down and thoroughly distracted Americans have become expert at finding the nearest Wal-Mart and are very savvy shoppers.

Too much exposure to fluoride makes a very docile citizen.

Note the lyrics from the 70's single by Stealers Wheel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:38:04 PM

Hi Abs - I think this thread has been dormant long enough to accept a little OFF TOPIC from me here.

When I was living in Sunny Florida, there was a product sold in "Health Food" type shops. It was in green metallic sachets - sort of like the "Emergen-C" vitamins.

It was a powder which you added to tap-water and it reacted with the halogens, which bubbled off (pungent for a minute or two!) - leaving behind just water and non-toxic salts (Carbonates and Sulphates etc.)
Any idea what it's called?
progpen
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:28:12 AM

Neurons: 55,284
One thing to keep in mind is that the US has been pretty busy destroying what was once one of the premier education systems in the world. We have also been a little preoccupied handing over our public resources and tax dollars to multibillion dollar welfare queens extraordinaire and decimating our working class. Oh, almost forgot to mention that we've also been busy laying waste to an infrastructure that was paid for by taxpayer dollars but never maintained (because maintenance is too boring to get re-elected on).

So you all will just have to forgive us for having a sub-optimally educated voter pool. We've been busy with other more important things than all that book learning about science or art or social studies or political science or keeping up with current events, unless of course the current events come from Faux News.

Boo hoo!
Absurdicuss
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:12:37 PM

Welcome to the red list prop.

DragO - You're certain that it wasn't for unclogging drains?...no wait...you were in a health store, that's why I know nothing about it.

I used to eat health foods, but eating health foods in the United States is very expensive and that causes stress, which is, as you know, very unhealthy. So I now avoid "health foods" for my health.

Sorry but I've no idea what the product is and Florida is...well...a special state.

And now for something completely different, watch what happens when you mix milk with Coca-Cola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhofonPRrFM

Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious Anxious

Klaas V
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:35:43 PM

Neurons: 4,802
to answer Dtag: soda?
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:01:37 PM

Neurons: 350,106
Tovarish wrote:
Arrh come on Abs, when do we take control of our own short comings? by the way Australia is to the south of you.

The moment we see that oligarch mind suppressing schooling counterfeited mind liberating education, that the Money Power finances their self serving agenda through schooling, media, politicians, scientism, war profiteering and on and on and on.

The Trivium in its proper order is a powerful conceptualization, which is why it was counterfeited to keep the masses from understanding their own cognitive development (general grammar accumulation, then logic (active identification and removal of both contradictions and logical fallacies), and then rhetoric).

Logic and rhetoric are quote powerful, hence, they don't teach it much and, if they do, they teach it out of context.

Everything of substantial importance has been hijacked to served the interests of the only group that pull off such a heist - the Money Power masquerading as philanthropists.

Debt Based Monetary Tyranny Exposed - the monetary system is a prima facie fraud.
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4768883/debtmoneytyranny-6-1-pdf-60k?tr=77

A debt based monetary bubble is on the verge of collapsing within a few years... those not ready for it will be damaged badly.

“Essentially, there are two kinds of inflation. As inflation is defined as an increase in the supply of money and credit relative to available goods and services, one can achieve inflation either by increasing the money component (as in Weimar Germany or modern Zimbabwe) or the credit component. In the former case, one divides the underlying real wealth pie into smaller and smaller pieces. In the latter case, which represents our situation, one does not subdivide the real wealth pie, but instead creates multiple and mutually exclusive claims to the same pieces of pie.

A credit expansion thus creates excess claims to underlying real wealth, and we have just lived through the largest credit expansion in human history. In other words, we are all playing a giant game of musical chairs, only there is perhaps one chair for every hundred people playing the game. You can imagine what will happen when the music stops. The free-for-all grab for an available chair represents the extinguishing of excess claims to underlying real wealth, and is deflation by definition. This will represent the end of extend-and-pretend, and the recognition that there is only so much to go around.”

- Stoneleigh (Nicole Foss)

PS - That map they use was a bad representation of the area. It was difficult to make out the land masses from the water - which would be the method I would've used to identify Ukraine (next to Russia and above the Black Sea - Crimea possessing an important port for Russia).

Overall, we are all galactic chumps for literally renting our money from a Robber Baron cartel so they cold rig the system and fraudulently indebt us all to inextinguishable debt.

Balance sheets balance, people, and when money is debt, the oligarch monetary assets are, BY DEFINITION, the inextinguishable debts of the serf / soon-to-be-serf class.

We are nescient / ignorant fools of the highest magnitude for allowing this to occur. And we shall pay ever so dearly.