Welcome Guest
inanity Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 95,622
inanity

(noun) Total lack of meaning or ideas.

Synonyms: mindlessness, pointlessness, senselessness, vacuity

Usage: My classmates' inanity forced me to seek intelligent conversation elsewhere.
Luker4
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:42:26 AM

Neurons: 24,493
"anity" Think

is there a connection between vanity and inanity ?
Bertoray
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:51:47 AM

Neurons: 27,584
Today's Word of the Day, inanity, could be substituted for the word "insipidity" from a translated line in the Mourre-Berna Proclamation, the action of the Notre-Dame Affair which is today's This Day in History topic. To wit; We vomit the agonizing insipidity of your prayers. Moreover, this post could be The Word of the Day.
TheParser
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:25:57 AM

Neurons: 22,062
The inanity of many of today's university students is mindboggling. At one American university, a group of activists (aka "troublemakers") are sitting in the president's office and refusing to leave until their 70 demands are met. One demand is for unisex toilets! Is there any wonder why many Americans predict a grim future for their country?
curmudgeonine
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:36:35 AM

Neurons: 170,308
I've always liked this word
Haz
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:43:07 PM

Neurons: 34,034
Here here Parser. The community in which I live is inundated with students and their only interests appear to be drinking, partying, disturbing the neighbours and leaving rubbish wherever they appear. Oh yes, and being totally arrogant. Mummy and daddy pay for the accommodation, fees, expenses and cars.

The standard of the degrees is so appalling low these days (now that education is solely a profit-making business venture) that any inane oaf is allowed entry. Young people who do not have rich parents are encouraged to take out huge loans to pay for inadequate and substandard qualifications.

.... worse part is these students are supposedly the best of the best and some will be leading our country one day.

I do give praise to the foreign students who come to our city (of which there are many from all over the world). They add to an already wonderfully diverse community and behave like they have actually come here to learn, as well as share with us.
kenturner1
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:32:11 PM

Neurons: 11,475
Good word.