mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
I love to write. Options
pljames
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:25:34 AM

Neurons: 15,207

I love to write and for what I have learned from this forum. The more I write the more I love to write and see my words down on this screen. My mind is ablaze with writing and using words which tell the reader what I want them to understand why I am writing. It also seems I am a different person when writing. I now try to focus on using the correct words within the sentences and edit religiously.

I feel writing is another way to communicate besides speaking, when speaking I cannot see my words and automatically seem to know what I am talking about, by knowledge alone. The same can be said for writing and my memory. In editing I slow down and take each word seriously. I now am bias toward speaking, but not when I write.

Am I being over confident with pride? Paul
Marguerite
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:06:43 AM

Neurons: 23,973
Dear pljames:

I enjoyed feeling your enthusiasm come through your writing. It is refreshing and sweet.
As for your sentence construction, you may find that learning about subordinate clauses and how they are punctuated will help your reader to fully understand what you want to convey. Your first sentence has one independent clause, which is then followed by a subordinate clause incorrectly appended by a coordinating conjunction. You need to append a final independent clause to the dependent or subordinate clause in order to finish your thought.
I recommend a great web site that includes tests. It may be very helpful: <http://www.chompchomp.com/exercises.htm>
Bareskin2000
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:25:06 PM

Neurons: 471,878
It has been said that "Hindsight is a wonderful thing".
With the written word it should probably read "Editing is a wonderful thing"
But;
Over-editing can lead to a too formal and stilted flow to the language.
Go with the flow!
Morzen
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:24:48 PM

Neurons: 737
This is true; over-edinting can take away from the original emotion when recording something in writing. You have to know when enough is enough. Begs the question: Can something be 'too' perfect? Perfection should be 100% right for what something is suppose to be. If something is 110% then it's no longer 'perfect'.