The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Merwan Sheriar Irani, Meher Baba (1894) Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 93,384
Merwan Sheriar Irani, Meher Baba (1894)

Born into a Zoroastrian family of Persian descent, Meher Baba underwent a spiritual awakening at 19 and in time concluded that he was the avatar—the incarnation of God in human form—of his age. He formulated a belief system that identified the goal of life as realizing the oneness of God, from whom the universe emanates. In an effort to bring others to that realization through love, he worked extensively with the poor and the physically and mentally ill. For how many years did he remain silent? More...
curmudgeonine
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:29:30 AM

Neurons: 170,308
What a feat, to remain silent by choice for one's whole life.
omicrom
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:52:13 AM

Neurons: 70,391
curmudgeonine wrote:
What a feat, to remain silent by choice for one's whole life.

I subscribe your opinion if you want to be ironic, I would bet he did it for having people paying more attention to his words, my 21months child did it.
It's also funny that he stated he would completely change the world, for the better I suppose, if only he broke his silence by speaking the "WORD" but he never did it.
Henry Martinez
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:25:44 PM

Neurons: 1,811
When God awakens we are history.
youme
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:14:00 PM

Neurons: 1,793
That man is exactly what we call a "waste of existence", people tend to follow any kind of long haired man whatever he says or even in his silence, they say that silnce is wisdom, he made people believe his nonsense, they believed that the car accidents he had were his will, I wonder what he would say if he breaks the silence...
That reminds me exactly the scene in forrestgump when people followed the long haired forrestgump, when he stopped and broke his silence they were all listening to his "word" which was "I'm tired now I'll stop running" lol
GreenBanana
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:51:18 PM

Neurons: 20,818
Daemon wrote:
Meher Baba underwent a spiritual awakening at 19 and in time concluded that he was the avatar—the incarnation of God in human form—of his age.
UH-HUH.
Marguerite
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:31:36 PM

Neurons: 23,973
I never read a more fascinating article. I've signed on to Meher Baba's (compassionate father) stated purpose of a new life of complete "hopelessness, helplessness and aimlessness". Doesn't it sound enticing?