mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Family Finds Unclassified Giant Jellyfish Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,128
Family Finds Unclassified Giant Jellyfish

Jellyfish are frightening enough when they're the size of a dinner plate, so imagine coming across one that is nearly as big across as a human adult is tall! A family walking on the beach in Tasmania last month found a 5-foot (1.5-meter) jellyfish that had washed ashore. Experts have yet to classify the species, which appears to be of the lion's mane variety. These are not the largest jellyfish known to science. Cyanea arctica, which makes its home in the waters of the North Atlantic and the Arctic, can grow to be 10 feet (3 meters) across. More...
Professor
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:02:00 AM

Neurons: 42,404
Daemon wrote:
Family Finds Unclassified Giant Jellyfish

Jellyfish are frightening enough when they're the size of a dinner plate, so imagine coming across one that is nearly as big across as a human adult is tall! A family walking on the beach in Tasmania last month found a 5-foot (1.5-meter) jellyfish that had washed ashore. Experts have yet to classify the species, which appears to be of the lion's mane variety. These are not the largest jellyfish known to science. , which makes its home in the waters of the North Atlantic and the Arctic, can grow to be 10 feet (3 meters) across. More...

We know more about the moon than we do about our oceans. Jelly fish exist in all waters on the planet in one form or another. Mucus Membrane like creatures that very in size from cm's to creates this size and larger. When I was a boy, my friends and I were out in the ocean and we had an infestation of jellyfish. They emitted a chemical that caused us to itch terribly. My friends grabbed a jelly remnant and stuffed it down my suit. I pushed it out of the leg hole and thought nothing of it. Today I realize they can sting and cause injury if one is not careful.
pedro
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:22:45 AM

Neurons: 63,022
you wouldn't want to find one in your soup
Guto André
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:16:27 AM

Neurons: 26,893
Jesus, I will be afraid of eat this. I guess couldn't eat it.