mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Crazy Funny! Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,236
Crazy Funny!

Does being a little bit crazy make people funnier? A study comparing comedians to people in non-creative jobs finds that comedians tend to score higher on measures of certain psychotic personality traits, like introverted anhedonia—in layman's terms, a reduced ability to feel social and physical pleasure—and extraverted impulsiveness. Though these traits are typically associated with psychosis, they are not always indicative of an unhealthy mental state and could enable the sort of out-of-the-box thinking that leads to humor. More...
CheVegas ☁️ ✈ ☁️
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:02:35 AM

Neurons: 350,540
It's these bold "crazies" that have the cojones to put the touchy topics on the table, which the world's wussies never would:

Lenny Bruce
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Patrice O'Neal
Doug Stanhope
Bill Burr
et al.
Kate Johnson
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:07:04 AM

Neurons: 15,868
Denis Leary
Lewis Black
Ron White
come to mind..
Guto André
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:01:52 AM

Neurons: 26,893
Oh my, I'm afraid. I'm knowed by my side funny. Does'm getting mad?
mangezi
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:25:45 AM

Neurons: 65,799
some of the comedians are funny and humorous without saying anything. Their natural built does 70% of the funny.
Christine
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:03:58 AM

Neurons: 15,842
muketah wrote:
some of the comedians are funny and humorous without saying anything. Their natural built does 70% of the funny.

[image not available]
capitán
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:11:25 AM

Neurons: 28,396
---
"In a study in the British Journal of Psychiatry, researchers analyzed comedians from Australia, Britain and the United States
and found they scored significantly higher on four types of psychotic characteristics compared to a control group of people who had non-creative jobs.

The traits included a tendency towards impulsive or anti-social behavior, and a tendency to avoid intimacy."

---

This explains it all…

[image not available]
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:35:57 AM

Neurons: 670,095
Ah well, that's another lot of humans labelled and packaged. How we love to put people in a box.
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:36:56 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Chevegas wrote:
It's these bold "crazies" that have the cojones to put the touchy topics on the table.

Lenny Bruce

So true!

Many years after Mr. Bruce's death, a few (very few) government officials finally had the decency to admit that the government had treated Mr. Bruce very, very badly, indeed.
Ray41
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:16:30 PM

Neurons: 45,980
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Ah well, that's another lot of humans labelled and packaged. How we love to put people in a box.

Think Did not know that you were an undertaker Jacob? Whistle

Most of us will ultimately end up in a box.Anxious (To help save Planet Earth, I have requested that mine be made of cardboard).Eh?

Gayle48
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:07:01 AM

Neurons: 11,527
ah there are so many again Lenny Bruce, Shelley Berman, Jonathan Winters (who spent some time in the rubber room)and was idolized by Robin Williams. Saw RW the first time on Johnny Carson. It was his first national appearance and I went from laughter into a another dimension. Richard Pryor's first national appearance was Ed Sullivan (?) and again was beyond laughter, Martha Raye and on Show of Shows was Coco....? I was about six years old and had to stay up late watching Coco ..what is her last name. Shelley Bermann's monologes on Ed Sullivan..how I wish there were CDs of these performances. I thought I was so clever to ask "why do you drive on the Parkway and park in the driveway" until I was shot down by those in the know. The question was George Carlin's. Ray41 is quite the funny man.Applause
CheVegas ☁️ ✈ ☁️
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:35:12 AM

Neurons: 350,540
TheParser wrote:
Many years after Mr. Bruce's death, a few (very few) government officials finally had the decency to admit that the government had treated Mr. Bruce very, very badly, indeed.

Good point. Human self-actualization may very well occur on the day when, somewhere in the world, the entire populace actually admires and appreciates the honesty, diligence, and overall good work their government is doing for its constituency.

If it ever happens, we will all be looong gone by then! I have a dream...
Alice M Toaster
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:35:47 AM

Neurons: 1,430,822
Gayle48,
You may be thinking of Imogene Coca. She was married to Sid Caesar.
TheParser
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:01:51 PM

Alice Morgan wrote:

You may be thinking of Imogene Coca. She was married to Sid Caesar.

As a teenager, I watched Mr. Caesar and Ms. Coca with great joy.

According to Wikipedia, however, they were never husband and wife in real life.
Alice M Toaster
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:50:58 PM

Neurons: 1,430,822
My bad, then. I guess that in my child-mind, I thought they were a couple. Thank you for the correction!
Gayle48
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:40:02 PM

Neurons: 11,527
Alice Morgan & The Parser...thank you so much. I finally thought the name Imogen. She and Sid Caesar on The Show of Shows" were a wonderful comedic pairing. I was five or six and HAD to watch, driving my mother crazy. But Shelly Berman was also one of the best. He had a monologue, talking on the phone while looking out his window to a man contemplating suicide. Dark humor at is best. What was in my ten year old mind, relating to this? Dr. Strangelove is still a favorite movie but I was older...hmm 11 or 12. My father took me to the "Art Houses" to see Italian, French, Swedish, and Japanese black and white films. He died when I was 12 but I learned how to watch films. My sister (four years younger) still carries a boat load of sibling "you got a better deal than I did". Some one out there remember Shelly Berman, his background and life after Ed Sullivan appearances? I am a cavewomen with computers. Could someone E mail me and tell me how to space down and change the font back and forth in a posting. I can not make a list and emphasize within that list. I am slowed down with double vision but am trying. I post here and on Yahoo as MsGayle. That can be a rowdy group. Help and thank you all.Anxious
TheParser
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 5:28:52 AM

Alice Morgan wrote:
I thought they were a couple.

Like you, I also thought they were married, for they seemed so perfectly matched in their TV skits.

Whom I really miss, however, is Uncle Miltie (Milton Berle)! I guess that today he would be booed off the stage by the hip younger generation.

James