mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Snowden Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,695
Snowden Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

American National Security Agency contractor-turned-whistleblower Edward Snowden could join the ranks of Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Barack Obama, and numerous others as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate. He was nominated as a candidate by two Norwegian members of parliament who contend that Snowden's release of classified US documents will make the world a safer, more peaceful place—a controversial position to be sure. The winner of this year's prize will be announced in October. More...
youme
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:24:15 AM

Neurons: 1,793
Good morning ladies and gentelmen
The Nobel peace prize: the funniest joke I ever heard lol
omicrom
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:33:14 AM

Neurons: 70,391
JAJAJA yeeeees! I hope they bestow the prize to him. I love this guy.
He did more for diclosing general hypocrisy and deception all around the world than anyone.
He was very brave and he has already paid too much for doing so much good.
The message governments (politicians and state bureaucrats) all around the world are sending: This is the pay for telling the truth
TheParser
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:30:06 AM

Neurons: 22,062
I think that the Nobel Peace Prize has lost some of its prestige, for in recent years it seems that the judges have often awarded the Prize to certain individuals in order to make a political statement instead of giving it to an individual who has actually DONE something to advance peace.

I think that Mr. Nobel would be very disappointed by some of the judges' recent choices.

LouisP
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:47:58 AM

Neurons: 46,333
Even his being nominated is an insult to the very idea of peace. Endangering lives doesn't deserve a medal.
IMcRout
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:51:16 AM

Neurons: 563,379
Although I believe that the Nobel Peace Prize is quite a few categories too high for Mr Snowdon, I support the idea of getting him out of this 'traitor's corner' he has been put in by interested US officials. I see this more as a gesture than a serious nomination.

To me he has displayed true American spirit much more than those three-letter organizations, which, under the guise of fighting terrorism, are indiscriminately snooping around ALL our phones, computers, bedrooms and toilets, be they friend or foe.

Whose lives have been endangered, LouisP? Those of the heads of NSA or CIA, who are in danger of maybe losing their jobs for overstepping by far their legal missions? Or those who, I am sure, are chafing at their bits, to get close to Mr Snowdon and silence him for good? A dangerous job, indeed.
mangezi
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:44:32 AM

Neurons: 65,799
Daemon wrote:
Snowden Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

American National Security Agency contractor-turned-whistleblower Edward Snowden could join the ranks of Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Barack Obama, and numerous others as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate. He was nominated as a candidate by two Norwegian members of parliament who contend that Snowden's release of classified US documents will make the world a safer, more peaceful place—a controversial position to be sure. The winner of this year's prize will be announced in October. More...
Viva Snowden! Well I'm not against anyone but am for Snowden.
Guto André
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 10:11:57 AM

Neurons: 26,893
I think a bit over. He wouldn't deserve to be compared with so greats mans.
ithink140
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 10:13:32 AM

Neurons: 17,922
So pigs can fly after all.
kaakwha
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 10:13:52 AM

Neurons: 18
Snowden did the right thing. He knew he would be accused of being a traitor, yet he turned over documents that shows the true nature of USA paranoia and secret cabals. He furthered world peace by telling (or revealing) the truth! I hope he gets the Nobel Peace prize.
Marguerite
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:55:55 PM

Neurons: 23,973
Snowden is a real hero. He has demonstrated that there is a shadow government in our great nation. Nothing is too good for him.
Marguerite
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:56:28 PM

Neurons: 23,973
Snowden is a real hero. He has demonstrated that there is a shadow government in our great nation. Nothing is too good for him.
omicrom
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:43:50 PM

Neurons: 70,391
The government of the USA is not the only government that vulnerates the rights to privacy and plots for taking advantage on others (their countrymen for instance) all of them do.
Politics (i mean the whole thing) stinks and when they say they do this for the good of the country (as the Monty Pyton said in the meaning of life), they simply lay. they do it for the good of their pockets.
in fact, I don't think the USA government is the worst of them, only that they have been uncovered
KAS
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:51:02 PM

Neurons: 1,623
We're sure that they didn't mean to nominate Benedict Cumberbatch, right?