mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Hostess Twinkies Are Invented (1930) Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,378
Hostess Twinkies Are Invented (1930)

The Twinkie was invented by bakery manager James Dewar, who noticed that the shop's shortcake pans were only used during the strawberry season and otherwise sat idle. His thrifty idea to use the pans during the off-season led to the development of the banana-filled Twinkie snack cake. During a World War II banana shortage, vanilla filling replaced the original banana. Today, 500 million Twinkies are produced each year. What is the "Twinkie defense," and when was the term first used? More...
MiTziGo
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 10:04:16 AM

Neurons: 6,142
A banana shortage...Who knew?!
Ian Pean
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:05:28 AM

Neurons: 33
i watched a show on how they made twinkies and the part that killed me on the inside was that they threw away deformed twinkies and they refered to them as dinky twinkies.
MiTziGo
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:21:39 AM

Neurons: 6,142
That seems so wasteful. At least give them to a food bank or something.
nxt_annawintour
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:58:07 AM

Neurons: 135
"i watched a show on how they made twinkies and the part that killed me on the inside was that they threw away deformed twinkies and they refered to them as dinky twinkies. "

Aaaahahahaha - I just spit the water I was drinking out. I think they should sell boxes of the deformed ones and label them as Dinky Twinkies. Excellent.
witchcraft
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:38:15 PM

Apart from the gustatory gratification of twinkies during mastication, they can possibly be indispensable for us to be able to get the wrinkles out during which we are in either predicament or stalemate? Because one of sci-fi released in the early 90s, Kevin Bacon acting an intangible man co-starring with Elisabeth Shue acting a cytologist in the slick movie catching on with Japanese grassroots, showed me that Kevin bacon had potential to have the brainchild of human invisibility due to the regular ingestion of twinkies, although it seemed like his cytological project went into the holding pattern anterior to the breakthrough of it.