mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
In Honor of Halloween... Options
risadr
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:38:20 AM

Neurons: 3,545
1. If you will dress up, what will you be?
2. What is your favorite candy?
3. Do you carve pumpkins? If you do, what do you do with the meat and the seeds from the inside?

1. I will be a "big" witch, this year, to my daughter's "little" witch. We have matching hats and everything. Dancing
2. My favorite candy, at the moment, are Dark Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which are, in my estimation, the ambrosia of the gods.
3. We're going to the pumpkin patch this weekend to select our victims. We'll carve them on Tuesday night, probably, and I'll bake a pie with the meat and roast the seeds. Yummy!
Mugly Wumple
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:55:38 AM

Neurons: 150
Each year I dress as a demon. One year I was Envy, in impish mask and green clothing. Another year I was Greed and dressed as Jacob Marley. Yet another, I was Lust and covered myself in corporate logos. Last year I was Narcissism and came as myself, but made about 20 masks of myself that I passed out to everyone. This year I will be Despair and will wear a rain cloud over my head - maybe. These things have a tendency to come together at the last moment.

BTW, if you'd like to try making a mask, the bandage they use to make casts for broken bones is quick, easy and durable. I think they call it plaster impregnated bandage.
RuthP
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:11:07 PM

Neurons: 87,618
I am not dressing up this year, but my daughter and two of her friends (they are all in high school) are dressing up as "Silent e" ninjas. (Silent e's a ninja From the new Electric company) They got supplies from Goodwill to make the costumes.

I've been trying to avoid candy for so long I'm not sure what's out there now.Boo hoo! Your dark Reese's sound wonderful!

Wash (a pain), dry and pan-roast the seeds. We usually hung on to our jack-o-lantern too long to do anything but compost and the jack-o-lantern pumpkins aren't as good for eating as those bred specifically for eating. On the other hand, I have made pumpkin pie from my jack-o-lantern. A good strainer and a food processor really helps; lots of stringy fibers. Otherwise, you can cut it into chunks and roast it in the oven. I like it plain, but a little honey or butter and brown sugar is yummy, or you can use pumpkin pie spices.
grammargeek
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:58:39 PM

Neurons: 33,836
Mugly Wumple wrote:
Each year I dress as a demon. One year I was Envy, in impish mask and green clothing. Another year I was Greed and dressed as Jacob Marley. Yet another, I was Lust and covered myself in corporate logos. Last year I was Narcissism and came as myself, but made about 20 masks of myself that I passed out to everyone. This year I will be Despair and will wear a rain cloud over my head - maybe. These things have a tendency to come together at the last moment.

BTW, if you'd like to try making a mask, the bandage they use to make casts for broken bones is quick, easy and durable. I think they call it plaster impregnated bandage.

Mugly Wumple, I love your creative spin on the costumes. The one for Narcissism seriously made me chuckle. Handing out masks of yourself was the perfect expression of last year's demon. Very clever!Applause
md56
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:36:11 PM

Neurons: 500
I don't believe I will dress up this year, but may be open to last minute change of stance on that matter.
My favorite candy are Heath bars, Boston Baked Beans.
I will not carve a pumpkin this year, it is too tedious a task to enjoy doing by myself. When I was younger and a pumpkin carver virtuoso, I would eat the seeds as I carved the pumpkin.
nxt_annawintour
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 12:36:01 PM

Neurons: 135
Every year I try to make my own costume. So far, my best was Lara Croft, but I think this year's might top that - Lady Gaga. The woman is just too kooky NOT to imitate!

Reese's Peanut Butter cups are also my absolute favorite (along with Sixlets) but dark chocolate PB Cups? Now that's a new one I have yet to try!
Kat
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 8:48:57 PM

Neurons: 3,389
My girlfriends and I make it a point to get together and
carve pumpkins every year.
Since we carve them outside, I either bury the slop or throw it
away before my dog eats it.
We don't necessarily get dressed up though...But if I do dress
up, it's as a slut.
I dressed as a dead nun one year and won second prize. I could
have won first prize but my husband owned the club/bar and thought
it might seem like favoritism...I don't know why, I mean it was based
on applause from the crowd.
So my favorite candy at the moment is milk chocolate Dove or a Milky Way...
I'm easy.

Epiphileon
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:12:53 PM

Neurons: 166,581
I get together with my M'Lady, my brother, her son, and one of my experiments to do a little dancing.
Oh I'm the hairy one.
grammargeek
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:38:17 PM

Neurons: 33,836
Epiphileon wrote:
I get together with my M'Lady, my brother, her son, and one of my experiments to do a little dancing.
Oh I'm the hairy one.

I loved your Monster Mash! But they all look fairly hairy to me. Are you the hairy and horny one?
Epiphileon
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:12:31 PM

Neurons: 166,581

I loved your Monster Mash! But they all look fairly hairy to me. Are you the hairy and horny one?[/quote]

Those are ears dear lady, well that is unless, pheromones were leaking out of your monitor. The werewolf.
.wichitarick
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:49:46 PM

Neurons: 752
Yes
Yes and Yes
We will carve our pumpkin tonight I have grown them in the past.
We bought this one ,it is about 20lbs. lop sided and has warts all over the top ,it will have two faces. Sick
I will compost the guts and clean the seeds,slow dry the seeds then soak them in salt brine then dry them again shew d'oh! d'oh!

I think I have dressed up most of my life Think
The first dis agreement me and my former wife had after she was "saved" was about whether our then 6 or 7 year daughter would trick or treat with her friends.Shame on you
Over the years I have been a pirate more than anything
it made drinking seem "natural"
The only time I ever had my ear pierced was for this.
Other ideas I have used are
My wife was 7 months pregnant and went as a flower.
I dressed as a Bee and the pollinator.
Me and friends dressed as military brass while we were in the Navy and did such a good job we were not allowed in the club. Shame on you Shame on you
Took my daughter trick or treating dressed as her body guard,hit man, "protector" I left the real guns at home ,she thought it was cool I was serious.
While working in Vegas ,our whole crew got off work showered and then re dressed in clean clothes as construction workers .
I did not know it at the time but those carharts and work boots became a fashion state ment. Again was rejected from the clubs because of our tool belts.
Rolled my brother up as a joint.His room mate was Jose Cuervo,various other things at the house were a Heineken Bottle Cheech and Chong a cop,,a Bong,The bean bag chair ,Jack (real name) Daniels,Various Rock stars a pair of nun chukkas that were connected and kissed all the time , 70,s party.
This year my daughter (11) will be mother earth and I will be father time.
She has a crown of ivy ,flowers ,stars,moons.
flowered clothing and clothing with clouds and water green ivy,plants every where ,ivy bracelets painted hands and face for ivy and a lightening bolt for a light,sword.
I,m still working on mine a big clock and white wig ,beard.

Favorite candy Think that is funny I do not have one.
My favorite usually is in the discount bin "after" halloween and Christmas.

Angel-Baby
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:54:34 PM

Neurons: 243
Yes. Last year I was Janet from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". I was very cold. This year I think I will be Little Red Riding Hood because it has a cape and will be warmer.

I like the fruit candies. I don't care for chocolate.

No. The older kids in the neighborhood smash the pumpkins late at night. It is unfortunate because my father has had some lovely designs that have ended up splattered all over the road the next day.
TB
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:30:17 AM

Neurons: 4,277
1. If you will dress up, what will you be?

I'll be the guy in the street dressed like Dad while watching my son go door to door

2. What is your favorite candy?

anything chocolate (silly question)

3. Do you carve pumpkins? If you do, what do you do with the meat and the seeds from the inside?

Yep, salt and bake the seeds, yum, toss the goop