mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Mediterranean Diet May Promote Heart Health Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,155
Mediterranean Diet May Promote Heart Health

People who eat a Mediterranean diet have been shown to have healthier hearts, but previous research has not ruled out lifestyle and other factors as the cause for this. The results of a new study, however, lend credence to the notion that the diet itself is responsible for reducing heart disease and stroke risk. Researchers randomly assigned participants, all of whom had diabetes or other cardiovascular risk factors, to one of three diet groups and found that those asked to follow a Mediterranean diet were nearly a third less likely to develop cardiovascular disease than those on a control diet emphasizing low-fat dairy products, grains, fruits, and vegetables. More...
Hope2
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:18:36 AM

Neurons: 16,769
So they finally figured that one out.

I just read about the two favorite foods of a very old lady. I can't remember if she was 'the' oldest right now, but was over 100 for sure.

Her two favorite foods were olive oil and chocolate. I forget how many pounds of chocolate a week. You go girl!
uuaschbaer
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:46:39 AM

Neurons: 6,180
O Ben Goldacre, where are you when we needya?

(Not to say that I think the research looks bad, I hasten to add. In fact, it looks quite alright.)