mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
I know that everything beautiful attracts love, but I cannot see how, by reason of being loved, that which is loved for its... Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 97,977
I know that everything beautiful attracts love, but I cannot see how, by reason of being loved, that which is loved for its beauty is bound to love that which loves it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)
Jimbob
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:45:47 AM

Neurons: 486
I know that everything beautiful attracts love, but I cannot see how, by reason of being loved, that which is loved for its beauty is bound to love that which loves it.
````````````````````````````````````````````
She listened carefully with her ears to what he had to say. As pleasing and beautiful to his eye as woman can be, we cannot love and be loved with our heart of hearts to-ing and fro-ing, for true loves inclination was to endure, there was ‘mutual attraction’ and affection. If love be exciting and not reciprocated all is not lost, but your probably barking up the wrong tree. Although their love was hottest, alas it had the coldest ending one way or another, you know sometimes you don’t know what you got till it’s gone, even at the end. So as delicious as love can be, it also may be torment.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:53:53 AM

Neurons: 648,610
Daemon wrote:

I think everything that is beautiful attracts admiration, not love. Perhaps admiration and deep affection. I have deep affection and admiration for the trees outside my house. One might say that I love them (that has never been tested). But they do not love me in return.
KAMRAMNA
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:05:41 PM

Great comments! I believe jb is correct, sometimes its just not meant to be. I also believe Miguel was referring to a sentient love, of some sort, not trees. Hey, what do I know ... maybe your trees love you back. Also its been my experience that when the "beautiful" object of our love knows she is "beautiful" watch out!!! I think the word is unrequited.
ltcervan
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:52:47 PM

Neurons: 3
@jacobusmaximus- I think it depends on how people and even PLANTS feel and express love. You may not feel the affection but it does not necessarily mean is't not there.
Marissa La Faye Isolde
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:18:30 PM

Neurons: 4,678

I think it is unreasonable to think that because one loves another, that one will be loved returned. Though beauty is inspiring, I don't think it has anything to do with beauty. The disillusionment of love happens all the time, even to the most un-beautiful among us.