mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Paranoid Fiction Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 100,236
Paranoid Fiction

Paranoid fiction is a literary genre in which reality is portrayed as subject to manipulation by external forces, such as totalitarian governments, or internal forces, such as insanity. The genre frequently overlaps with dystopian fiction and science fiction and is inspired by the works of authors like Franz Kafka and Philip K. Dick, who penned the novel that was made into the film Blade Runner. What paranoid-fiction writer may have taken some of his inspiration from his own nightmares? More...
KAMRAMNA
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:07:28 AM

Blade Runner! One of the best "paranoid fiction" (sci-fi) films ever made ... my opinion. By the way, where are "the regulars" I have encountered on this forum in the past? MTC, kitten, the Icelandic guy the guy from Ireland and the German with the multi letter name ... just wondering.
MTC
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:28:21 AM

Neurons: 8,606
I agree with you, Kamramna. Blade Runner is fabulous. The film was based on Dick's story, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? We find ourselves in near complete sympathy with the androids cruelly pre-programmed for extinction by their human creators. Which group is more "human?"

As for the other posters you named, I have not seen kitten's contribution in months. The "Icelandic guy" is still around.

Thanks for asking.
Choson
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:09:46 PM

Neurons: 39
Whatever happened to Sean...I forget her last name...Young? Sean Young?...I would've fell in love with her too.
TYSON
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:51:12 PM

Neurons: 3,793
Philip K Dick (my hero) was big on the theme of "paraniod fiction". He was pretty paranoid himself actualy. There are many many books & stories he has written with this as a theme or rather a circumstance.
almostfreebird
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:05:04 PM

Neurons: 7,024