mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Lets use their money ! Options
KAMRAMNA
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:19:52 AM

If I had (extra) money I would gladly put it forth to help my country. If I were a betting man I would bet that a bunch of our elected officials, mayors on up to the president would love to use our money (what little we might have now, or later) to help us get out of this hole we've dug for ouselves by electing these people (I would like to call them something other than "people" but, I won't). Let's find out what they have stashed. You know they do. How can someone who may have at one time, but does not now pay into Social Secutity,(SS), (why not) think of tweeking mine ??? Some of these "people" have never paid into SS, again why not, how is their retirement funded ? Someone should look into the retirement plan of congressmen and representatives, I believe they draw pensions even if the did not complest their term or even if they left under less thab favorable conditions. And don't get me started on the Military, many of these "people" have never served (thanks Jimmy), the have no idea what its like, you have to "LIVE IT" to really appreciate what a Military Family must endure, I say "HANDS OFF" what you didn't want any part of, don't understand and probably couldn't cut. MY OPINION !!!
Ava
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:11:00 PM

Neurons: 157
Congresspeople do pay into SS, but just as everyone else, only up to, I believe it is now $107,000 of their pay. I also believe that that is about to be, or has changed to $110,000. Big deal, as we used to say.
IMO everyone should pay on all of their earnings, and Congress should take a 25% pay cut given the financial state were in and the fact that they have passed laws (or not) which have exacerbated this situation.
Congress is also exempt from the same insider trading laws that the rest of us are subject to, as are the Supreme Court Justices. That needs to be changed. A bill to do so was introduced to the House by two Dems in 2006, the STOCK act - Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act - where it has languished since. Gee, I wonder why?
University researchers have shown that Congresspeoples' portfolios outperformed the market by 6% for the House and over 12% for the Senate for the several years studied. They also quietly vote for COLA raises for themselves every year except, I think, the last two or three. When I wrote to Feinstein about complaining about that, she responded that it was "allowed under the Constitution."
Don't get angry, get active, write and call your representatives in Congress and tell them what you think.
Democracy - it's a team sport. But only if the team members speak up.
jmacann
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:51:04 PM

Neurons: 3,887
It all boils down to one and the same thing -the world over. Call it what you will. Shame on them.
Klaas V
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:03:19 AM

Neurons: 4,802
In Europe there is a lot of discussion how to solve the financial problems. Germany and UK seem to disagree a wee bit to say it as politically correct as possible. They were on this pic still friends it seems.

[image not available]
excaelis
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:33:41 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Historically, people have attempted to solve economic problems in Europe by invading Belgium. I'm not convinced that this strategy will, on this occasion, work.
GabhSigenod
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:35:04 AM

Neurons: 149,736
Sorry, no time to invade Belgium. Bankrupt Greece has their forces "working" with the protesters at the U.S. embassy in Athens. Italian forces are "watching" protesters attack the banks, as the people chew on their new crisis plan. Meanwhile the Spanish Conservatives declare victory as they turn out the Green Dream, while the people enjoy their 21% unemployment. Yet not all is lost, as Angela and David keep dancing while the economic band plays on, and Barrack wonders who might dance with him tomorrow. OH MY!!!